It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is actually controlled by the few?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I was doing some research to see how much of this countires media is actually tied to a few companies when I came across the journalism tools located in the Columbia Journalism Review. The first link is Who Owns What. This section has a list of the major dominating media companies in the U.S. and some abroad, as well as all of the media outlets that they own. One may be surprised actually by how much Disney owns. I believe it also makes use of timeline tools to trace the history of many of these Media companies.

Another interesting feature of this website is the media finder located just under the first section. Here they actually have links to various foerign newspapers and news sites. A good way to find unfiltered uncensored news that american Media refuses to cover. Good to see what the rest of the world is reporting on. I am however having trouble locating a free Arabic translator because my interest right now is in what they are reporting in their news sources. I may end up to just pay for translation service.

I feel this is an interesting find nonetheless. Hope many of you may benefit from this. Lets continue to Deny Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This website will answer a lot of your questions of who owns what:

www.theyrule.net...

EDIT: The site you mentioned has a lot of good info too. It's the first site I found when looking for the info the one above gives.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I just thought I Would bump this topic so new people can get a chance to access this info in the ever lasting battle of denying ignorance and gathering of information.

Almost all of the thousands upon thousands of radio stations, magazines, and newspapers in this country are owned by less than 60 media corporation. Using a liberal estimate of like 20 people on each ones Board of Directors, that puts the information that hundreds of million people recieve on a daily basis throughout their lives in the hands of a little over a thousand people.

Well I just think that is quite interesting, and most definetly there are various conspiracies to be found in that.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The ownership of investment assets was still highly concentrated in the hands of the rich in 1998. About 90 percent of the total value of stocks, bonds, trusts, and business equity were held by the top 10 percent.

source: www.levy.org...

top topics

join