It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers alert, patriots mobilizing, calling for "boots on the ground" at Bundy Ranch.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When I was in the Army we did annual training at the National Training Center (NTC) at Ft. Irwin, California. The place was crawling with desert tortoises.

Now, if these tortoises can manage to survive with thousands of troops, tanks, artillery, and other heavy vehicles criss - crossing their habitat year round, I'm sure some cattle are of no threat.

The only thing they ever told us when we were there is that if we came across one don't pick it up. The reasoning for this was that the turtles make some routine "migration" and store just enough water to make it where they are headed.

We were told if we picked them up and turned them even slightly off course they would get lost so to speak and deplete their stored water supply and ultimately die.

I'm quite sure this is about more than some desert tortoise.
edit on 10-4-2014 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by searching411

Yeah, well, if they're going for that ... it's because they don't want those resources to be developed. The feds don't want the natural gas boom to happen. All of the nat. gas being developed now is either on state or private land.

But if they feds control it ... no one can use it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I guess it depends where you are for the feds to care. In the eastern states they seam to have little problem fracking there but off.

feds and fracking

nevada fracking

As far as the turtle goes, we had a complete shutdown of timbering and pipe lining to allow some bat some time to hump
edit on 10-4-2014 by batcrapcrazy because: added nevada article

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by batcrapcrazy

Just last year it was reported that the BLM sold 29 federal land leases which covered more than 56 square miles in northeast Nevada. The agency itself reported that the oil and gas leases in Elko County sold for $1.27 million to six different companies.

straight from the link above

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I feel this is going to end badly.. It's not worth his life or the lives of his loved ones.. I'd hate to cave, but..

It's easy for us to talk tough from the safety of our homes, but when faced with a similar situation. How would we act?

The Feds will storm in, create some BS back story then lull the sheeple back to sleep with news on Miley Cirus or Justin bieber and this will be forgotten.. That's the sad truth and state of America today.

Pray for this man, he has guts..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

MrSpad
So let us try and make things clear. This is goverment land. The Rancher has been putting his cows on it under a lease agreement with Government for a long time. The Rancher has not payed any of the fees to lease that land since 1933. He does not claim the land just that he has the right to graze it for free. The Govemrent just sent letters and never did much beyond that. Until an endangered and protected desert tortiose was discovered to have moved into the area and the cows were wrecking its habitat. Now the Goverment got more forceful and told the rancher remove your cows from our land or we will. The rancher refused. Private contractors were hired to go in and move the cows. As a part of this they closed off the fedreal lands in the area with law enforcement. The rancher gets mad and calls his buddies to do something. Police and protestors have words. In the end they will work out some sort of deal to allow the cows on to other federal land away from the tortiose and most likely with forgiveness of past fees so long as they payed from now on. That is how these things normally work out. These idiot oathkeepers/militia people will do some grandstanding and take lots of pictures and delclare victory while being compeletly ignored by everybody involved. I know we want to make this a story about the evil government but, what it really comes down to is the government just letting the guy as he wanted for all this time and never doing anything about it until they had to.

This just rings as highly accurate. Maybe just go to Vegas!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

batcrapcrazy

As far as the turtle goes, we had a complete shutdown of timbering and pipe lining to allow some bat some time to hump

Remember the Spotted Owl vs the TImber industry in the PNW? Well guess what happened over the years? the owl flew away and the industry remains destroyed... Maybe off topic, but maybe not...
edit on 10-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well I understand Sherriff Mack as well as other Sherriffs are en route to the ranch as well as any oathkeepers.....
This may get some national coverage ala MSM yet.....

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Is it a national strike from the GOVT?No its a court verdict.If you're so much of a hot shot carry YOUR ass down and get arrested,or shot.
Tell me YOUR training,MINE taught me NOT TO DIE FOR NOTHING.
Moron thinks he KNOWS when WE should move ,pheh.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I don't get it. It's not global imperialism or police brutality. It's not debt slavery or environmental destruction.

These "oath keepers" are worked up over some schmuck's cows. And I guess they mean business this time.

I didn't take these guys seriously before and now I think it's impossible to.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Looks like the town is behind the rancher.
This sorta adds some context and local perpective:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

If you're so much of a hot shot carry YOUR ass down and get arrested,or shot.
reply to post by cavtrooper7

What are you....drunk? I'm a Canadian....I'm not going to get my lilly white a$$ shot for some farmer in the US.

Not sure where you got that crazy idea out of my comment about the Oathbreakers.

Tell me YOUR training,MINE taught me NOT TO DIE FOR NOTHING.

I don't need any training for that....good ole common sense will do.

Moron thinks he KNOWS when WE should move ,pheh.

Move...don't move....totally up to you. I'm just finalizing the purchase of a little 12 acre piece land in Belize, where I plan on moving very shortly....gonna wear fip flops and drink out of a coconut for the rest of my days.

Best of luck....you're gonna need it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So this guy gets to feed his cows for less than 2$ / cow. On a land they dont have to care for or maintain. They are being given a #ton of wealth by the government but he want's more because he is special. If anyone is so stupid as to go and support this guy they deserve whatever the feds throw at them.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I heard this has more to do with the Mineral Rights & less about Cows...from what i gather the State of Nevada owns the land but the Feds came to take it like Clinton did with the Coal lands in Utah that is now going to China.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Instead of claiming his heard illegal, why don't call them undocumented?

omg lol
edit on 073030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

beezzer

NiteNGale2
reply to post by beezzer

It went to court two times and two times he (Bundy) lost. US v Cliven Bundy (pdf) It is a good read.

Many thanks!

I guess he is guilty, according to the courts.

Instead of claiming his heard illegal, why don't call them undocumented?

arrest the cows?
house them in "guantana-moo?"

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Bureau of Land Management quietly dismantled its so-called “First Amendment areas” in northeastern Clark County on Thursday, as the fight over Cliven Bundy’s cattle widened into a national debate about states’ rights and federal land-use policy.

and

he BLM’s Lueders said the seizure of cattle on federal land was being done as a “last resort,” and there is only one person to blame for the situation.

“Mr. Bundy is breaking the law, and he has been breaking the law for 20 years,” she said. “He owes the taxpayers of the United States over $1 million.”

[Source]

edit on 4/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hmm...well anyway apparently the free-speech areas are gone.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

So people didn't learn anything from the Native Americans about how 'agreements' with the Federal Government tend to play-out? Fool me once shame on me...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Have fun,I love my country /flag /Constitution I'll stay and fight) when I have a legitimate force to oppose) I didn't loose anything in a jungle near a coast and won't live there,mountains are MY place and where I'll stay. We have enough people to take down a rogue attack if they cross the line AKA Ruby ridge or Waco. I guess this clearly shows what CAN be done by US citizens.

All the things you see these people doing are desperate attempts to grab cash as fast as they can,once they see they could get hurt or die they'll back pedal and try to arrest them normally later.They don't have the resolve to fight much less win.
Sorry they scare you. I scare them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join