It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's On: Gazprom Prepares "Symbolic" Bond Issue In Chinese Yuan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This Thread is a follow on to my previous thread. US Threatens Russia Over Petrodollar-Busting Deal

It seems the US can make threats, it also seems that nobody is listening.

This is not a long article, so I thought I would post the whole thing, There are links

Curious what the fate of the petrodollar is? Look no farther than this Interfax update blasted moments ago by Bloomberg: "Gazprom Considers 'Symbolic' Yuan Bond Issue, Interfax Says."

Bloomberg adds that the gas giant is considering proposals from potential organizers to market bonds in yuan, Interfax reports, citing people with knowledge of the matter.

Gazprom unlikely be able to gain more than $300m due to mkt volume, newswire reports
No mandates, deal timeline yet

Issue may add new investors, become a “topical” public relations act amid tensions with U.S., EU

Well, yes. It's called "symbolic" for a reason. More importantly, it is a symbol of what happens when one can "create" money de novo without the presence of the world's increasingly defunct reserve currency, either secured by gas or by future cash flows, i.e., unsecured.

Confused? Read:

Petrodollar Alert: Putin Prepares To Announce "Holy Grail" Gas Deal With China
Russia And China About To Sign "Holy Grail" Gas Deal
40 Central Banks Are Betting This Will Be The Next Reserve Currency
... and the New New Normal flow of funds will suddenly become clear -

Gazprom delivering gas to China.
China Gazprom paying in Yuan (convertible into Rubles)
Gazprom funding itself increasingly in Yuan.

Russia buying Chinese goods and services in Yuan (convertible into Rubles)
And all of this with the US banker cartel completely disintermediated courtesy of the glaring absence of the USD in any of the above listed steps, or as some may call it: from the Petrodollar to the Gas-o-yuan (something 40 central banks have already figured out... just not the Fed).

www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 10-4-2014 by keenasbro because: to add link

edit on 10-4-2014 by keenasbro because: to add

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by keenasbro

This is not an anti USA thread. It is news.

You know who you are

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
U.S. warns Russia over any oil-for-goods deal with Iran

More threats from USA, I doubt Putin will take any notice of this one either.

(Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew told his Russian counterpart on Thursday that any oil-for-goods deal Moscow might strike with Iran could run afoul of U.S. sanctions.

Link

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

"Gazprom Considers 'Symbolic' Yuan Bond Issue, Interfax Says." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you read into this...it's a warning shot across the bow of the US Gov against any further sanctions. The US has far more to lose if they keep pressuring Russia...a very dangerous game they are playing.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

keenasbro
U.S. warns Russia over any oil-for-goods deal with Iran

More threats from USA, I doubt Putin will take any notice of this one either.

(Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew told his Russian counterpart on Thursday that any oil-for-goods deal Moscow might strike with Iran could run afoul of U.S. sanctions.

Link

www.reuters.com...

LOL

The U.S. wants to sanction Russia and tells Russia not to make deals with another sanctionee Iran.

LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

deadcalm

"Gazprom Considers 'Symbolic' Yuan Bond Issue, Interfax Says." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you read into this...it's a warning shot across the bow of the US Gov against any further sanctions. The US has far more to lose if they keep pressuring Russia...a very dangerous game they are playing.

Yes sir, even more dangerous when both parties are willing to play, seems Putin is just shrugging off any thing the US says, the old hand palm, tut, tut shake of the head "what ever" well when my kids done the hand palm to me I went off my rocker. Just another way of saying fk off.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Didn't see that side of it LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If this happens the US dollar is going to be worthless overnight. I happen to think it is all part of the master plan. No the master plan of the IMF but the master plan of China, Russia and Iran. IMO it has been the plan since the USA friendly Gorbachev brought down The Wall.

We (the USA, IMF and EU) have been duped. We let our guard down and relied on cheap China imports to run our consumption based economy. What will happen when Russia and China impose economic sanctions on the USA? Wanna bet Putin and China hate the USA enough to lose our business?

While some people say it will never happen because we make to much money for China, I say it will. All part of their plan to bury the bully with the willingness to nuke civilian populations, to leave Depleted Urainium behind in every country we invaded.

Yup, it is gonna get ugly folks. The only question I have about it now is the timing.....

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Go Russia !!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Go USA! sorry but most of us are honest folk that are gonna be hurt by this. So you can take that go Russia with a little Go USA I hope...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Russia seems to be the only entity that can stop this rogue Government we now have in power.. so GO RUSSIA !!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace

Go Russia !!!!!!

Mamatus

Go USA!

# 'em both.

edit on 4/10/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace
reply to post by Mamatus

Russia seems to be the only entity that can stop this rogue Government we now have in power.. so GO RUSSIA !!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Truly spoken like someone who has nothing to lose. Sorry, but I do. Not to mention I know a bunch of Russians who are more than happy to no longer be living there. You want a Russian ruled world but all you are asking for is to trade one crooked Government for another.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It would certainly "in time" collapse the world economy forget the USD nobody would fair well, the world would receive a new make over and global shake up that's for sure

But I think the end result would be China Russia et el being meet by a far larger more and powerful rival to which they couldn't compete... Probably why neither seem to care much

But tbh I don't understand why Russia would want to rely on an economy which relies on western demand, and debt..

Both of which would not exist should they attempt to crash the world economy, this would mean they're quite content with the idea that they can survive of each other which would result in a new rather large North Korea

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

CaticusMaximus

RocksFromSpace

Go Russia !!!!!!

Mamatus

Go USA!

# 'em both.

edit on 4/10/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

I vote for you

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Where are all the naysayers that said Russia and China wouldn't have the balls to do this? This news is huge, it is the beginning of the end for the petrodollar.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Up Date: Video.

Amid "gas war" talk, Russia reassures Europe on supply Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:55pm EDT

"I want to say again: We do not intend and do not plan to shut off the gas for Ukraine," Putin said in televised comments at a meeting of his advisory Security Council. "We guarantee fulfilment of all our obligations to our European consumers."

www.reuters.com...

And then there"s this. The chass game continues: Putin X+1 - Pidgeons 0

Another day ending in "y" means another day in which Putin plays the G(roup of most insolvent countries)-7 like a fiddle.

The latest: Europe should provide aid to Ukraine to ensure uninterrupted natural-gas deliveries to the region, President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman said as reported by Bloomberg.

European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger is working on a plan to help Ukraine pay some of its gas bills to Russia, he told Austria's ORF radio on Friday, saying there was "no reason to panic" about Russian gas supplies to Europe.

"We are in close contact with Ukraine and its gas company to ensure that Ukraine remains able to pay and the debts that the gas company has to Gazprom do not rise further," he said, adding he would meet Ukraine's energy and foreign ministers on Monday.

"I am preparing a solution that is part of the aid package that the IMF, the European Union and the World Bank is giving to Ukraine and from which payment for open bills will be possible."

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 11-4-2014 by keenasbro because: To add link

join