It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids from around the world and where they sleep (pics)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

FortAnthem
It also makes me wonder how many kids from around the world have to sleep with a loaded AK-47 by their side to protect against marauders? We have it so well in our country, we find it hard to imagine the living conditions in other countries throughout the world.

I agree. That was kind of my point.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Edit: I'm a jerk... My bad
edit on 10-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Jeeze, people around here really need to recognize humor when they see it. I put that down for laughs because its probably what the rest of the world thinks about us.

ATS needs to bring back the laughy face smiley or the one sticking his tongue out so I can mark off the comments that are meant to be funny for those who might be oversensitive.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I've had a crush on you since I've been on this site, lmao.

Now that I see your joking, star FA.

My apologies for my misinterpretitation of your humor

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I thank you lady for receiving my apology indirectly,

I grew up poor as dirt, and when I lived in Europe it was near the same living out of a backpack at 16. Without the worship of materialism, I think a child has more of a chance these days.

If I wanted dessert as a kid I had to walk th hillside for blackberries, strawberries, etc with a scoop of sugar. Otherwise it was a book read to me by mom, then bed.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You make a good point; those kids growing up in those impoverished nations have a leg up on the rest of the world. In the event of a large scale power outage or SHTF scenario, they are the ones who will survive because its what they have always done.

Us folks in the vaunted "1st world" will end up eating each other or dying huddled up in our basements because we don't have a clue how to get by without all our modern technology. Maybe Jesus was right, maybe the meek will someday inherit the Earth.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

FortAnthem

You make a good point; those kids growing up in those impoverished nations have a leg up on the rest of the world. In the event of a large scale power outage or SHTF scenario, they are the ones who will survive because its what they have always done.

Us folks in the vaunted "1st world" will end up eating each other or dying huddled up in our basements because we don't have a clue how to get by without all our modern technology. Maybe Jesus was right, maybe the meek will someday inherit the Earth.
Ohhhh, the irony.

I was raised Presbyterian, and went to a baptist Christian school.... Horrible btw. But the meek shall inherit quote is pure genius when I think about it. Good for you on that thought!
although I am not a devote christian these days and more of a energy type spiritualist. Makes sense, thanks for that share.

I look forward to battling you in the near future, I take back the "days" comment Cat Woman, hehehe

edit on 10-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Cant splel today

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Bisman so OP actually thinks that the average american kid's room? No, I don't believe that is how the average American kid lives, although, I'd bet there are a lot of people around the world who probably do think it is. Like I said; there are more pics of American kids that don't make us all look like gun nuts but, that pic really stood out to me and I wouldn't doubt that's what the rest of the world thinks of when they picture America. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since that's what you think of, when you think of Nepal, Palestine, China, & Japan, in terms of what a child's environment looks like in those respective countries?

Took the hook line and sinker, there.

A Mao poster? An obviously staged hunting-themed bedroom? (Photographer told the mom he was doing a project on kids and their bedrooms, and she made it look like Cabela's Interiors, Kids section of catalog).

Who says a bed is the standard by which quality of life is mmeasured? Not everyone uses beds. At what point does one stop, when judging what OUGHT to be had, materially & by extennsion, which other values you hold should be used to compare another culture's standards?
edit on 11-4-2014 by kkrattiger because: Added quoted post to which this post replies

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Star and Flag, OP.

When I read the post, my first thought was that I need to show this thread to Mr. Dustbowl's two teenaged boys who whine, bitch and moan about Every. Little. Thing.

Then I realized they won't understand what I'm trying to show them.

They have even forgotten that only two short years ago, right before the three of them moved in with me and my son, they were living in a crappy, roach-infested house in the bad part of town. They had no internet, it wasn't safe for their dad to let them play outside, and since dad didn't cook, it was ramen noodles or cereal for supper if dad didn't take them thru Taco Bell or McDonald's.

Now they have internet, a safe home and neighborhood, home cooking every night, and a clean home that is not overrun by insects and rodents. And they STILL act like they have such hard, terrible lives and play the victim because they are so mistreated...lol.

I wonder if all American teens are this cocky and full of themselves and all wrapped up in only themselves to the point that they can't think of anyone else? Even if I showed them the photograph of the little boy who has to sleep outside with the goats, they would probably just complain because they don't get goats to sleep with or some such bull... It's insane!

How can a photo spread like this help someone who is totally blind to anyone other than themselves??? I see so much of this attitude and mindset in today's world, and it frightens me!

And for the record, I would choose the Nepalese hut. Or, I would be happy to sleep outside in a sleeping bag every night!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join