U.S. Congressman Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting of True the Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Again with deflection, but I do notice in the post that you admit that Cummings asked the IRS for information about them.

You're getting there.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
More gasoline ignited.

The Molotov Cocktails are being filled.

The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform voted on Thursday to hold former IRS official Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress. The committee’s approval paves the way for a vote in the full House of Representatives.

Committee Chairman Darrell Issa had this to say about today’s vote:

“Today, the oversight committee upheld its obligation to pursue the truth about the IRS targeting of Americans because of their political beliefs,” Issa, said in a Thursday statement. “Our investigation has found that former IRS Exempt Organizations division Director Lois Lerner played a central role in the targeting scandal and then failed to meet her legal obligations to answer questions after she waived her right not to testify. In demanding answers and holding a powerful government official accountable for her failure to meet her legal obligations, this committee did its job. If the House takes up and passes the resolution, the matter will be referred to the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, which statute requires he take to a grand jury.”

BREAKING: House Committee Finds Lois Lerner in Contempt

Lois.and.Obama.are.a.shak'n.gub/helpthem

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Cummings is a treasonous communist and he should be sent to Cuba after he's convicted! All of the DSA should be sent there.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Anytime I see this guy the thought "Milk Dud" springs to mind. I can't get beyond that anymore ... thankfully. There's nothing coming out of that racist's sewer mouth I want to hear anyway.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Now Holder doesn't have to feel so special, and it's not racist!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Or, there could be another side to the story ... after months and months of fruitless and pointless and endless investigations on the Peoples' dime, Representative Cummings finally calls Issa out for his draconian (tyrannical) behavior.

“We oppose Chairman Issa’s efforts to recreate the Oversight Committee in Joe McCarthy’s image, and we reject his attempts to drag us back to that shameful era in which Congress tried to strip away the constitutional rights of American citizens under the bright lights of hearings that had nothing to do with responsible oversight and everything to do with the most dishonorable kind of partisan politics,” the report said, according to Politico.

Yes, we Republicans love the Constitution ... until it's inconvenient to our political hay-making ... then, sue! Where are those activist judges?

The dust-up between the congressmen came to a head last month during a hearing delving into the alleged IRS scandal. Issa refused to allow Democrats to speak at the hearing, but when Cummings pressed forward to address the panel, Issa cut his mic mid-sentence. The flare-up emboldened Democrats to come out against Issa, who later apologized for his actions.

There vil be no schpeeking unless I zay zere vil be schpeeking!

House Democrats on the Ways and Means Committee opposed a closed-door meeting Wednesday meant to lay the groundwork in formally asking the Department of Justice to open a criminal investigation into Lois Lerner, the former IRS official at the center of the firestorm.

Rep. Sandy Levin, ranking Democrat on the committee, asked to make the session open to the public, NBC News reports. His efforts were rejected after Chairman Dave Camp, a Michigan Republican, called for a vote to close the meeting to press. The vote passed along party lines, NBC reports, in the Republican-led committee.

Just remember though, Republicans are all about transparency, and openness, and Constitutional rights.

Yeah, right. Source - MSNBC

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

But Look !!

The letter also notes that Cummings' email communications with the IRS "raise disturbing concerns about your possible motivations for opposing this investigation and your unwillingness to lend your support to efforts to obtain the testimony of former IRS Exempt Organizations Director Lois G. Lerner."

Committee Republicans also question whether the IRS had "improperly shared protected taxpayer information" with Cummings' staff.

and look...

Engelbrecht's attorney, Cleta Mitchell, raised the possibility that Cummings' staff had coordinated with the IRS in targeting True the Vote.

The letter to Cummings notes that Lois Lerner appeared "personally interested in fulfilling your request for information about True the Vote," and it included in its letter transcripts of emails from Lerner.

'Disturbing Concerns' About Cummings' Contacts With Lois Lerner's Office

Oh Oh !!! they're grabbing for the handcuffs now.

Damning Indeed !!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If she gets a deal I'd hate to be her life insurance company

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You only wish that it was the 'witch hunt' that we have heard it called for so long.

on the Peoples' dime, 

Ha.
Maybe Obama should teach us the value of a dime.... after spending a trillion plus dollars on that boondoggle Obamacare that has more people without insurance than before he took office.
edit on bu302014-04-10T20:47:53-05:0008America/ChicagoThu, 10 Apr 2014 20:47:53 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

whywhynot

If she gets a deal I'd hate to be her life insurance company

Well.

I bet they'd make it look like suicide.

No Pay Clause.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've got a funny feeling we're experiencing the calm before the storm. I cannot believe the IRS went after the Tea Party.

Damned dumbest thing anyone could have engineered.

The irony? It was the Republicans who started this whole mess, because the Tea Party is a bigger threat to them than to the Dems. And yet ... It's the Dems who're caught with their hands in the proverbial cookie jar.

Oh yeah ... this is the tip of an iceberg!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Snarl
I've got a funny feeling we're experiencing the calm before the storm. I cannot believe the IRS went after the Tea Party.

Damned dumbest thing anyone could have engineered.

The irony? It was the Republicans who started this whole mess, because the Tea Party is a bigger threat to them than to the Dems. And yet ... It's the Dems who're caught with their hands in the proverbial cookie jar.

Not a bad theory.

But I'm not sure the TP was a big threat to Republicans a few years ago when the IRS started their Malarkey.

It's more recent.

But sure, I could buy that the main Republicans may have seen it before.

The 2010 elections were a bit TP slanted.

Obama LLC has more to lose (at least then). Now, both have something to lose.

Good Point.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

This is my happy thread of the day....

Des

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Actually, the investigation is not over yet. But, the straws are getting shorter!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Destinyone

This is my happy thread of the day....

Des

well certainly one of them.

did you hear that the HHS Secretary resigned today ?

That one is my happy news thread of today. ALL mine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yes, it's been a double dip of happy thread today...

I'm waiting for the Pelosi voted out of office thread...that will be my ultimate happy thread.

At least one of the main ones.

Des

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Snarl
And yet ... It's the Dems who're caught with their hands in the proverbial cookie jar.

LOL, and I *kinda* thought I was kidding!!! I should have known.

Yeah, it's the whole Democratic party at the base of this non-conspiracy. Why, we don't even need any evidence, everybody already knows its true! Just impeach them all!

Actually, I hope you guys win in 14 and 16 ... just to hear you change your tune. I miss the faux-patriotic "'Merica, Merica" "We're Number One" ... how long has it been since we've had a stirring rendition of "God Bless the USA," hmm?

Maybe the Dixie Chicks will record it ... wouldn't *that* be ironic.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Yeah, it's the whole Democratic party at the base of this non-conspiracy.

Ahem!! What's your problem? Is that what I said? Do you 'think' you know something I'm not already certain of?

You need to take a deep breath and back away. I ... don't ... like ... you, and now I'm sure I never will.

About the only people, from your partisan perspective, I would engage in discourse with are Buster and maybe HauntWok. Why? Because they're intelligent.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Your Quote:Forget the fact that liberal and progressive groups were also "targeted" ... pish posh. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This has been hashed over don't you keep up on the news? I suppose you are like most liberals. Keep toeing that party line.

New Oversight Report Debunks Myth that Liberal Groups were Targeted by IRS

link

The corruption in this administration goes much deeper than the I.R.S.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

... and you're NOT spouting partisan nonsense?

Do you really think I care if you ... like me? Or respond? Or think I'm intelligent? LOL.

I always like to suggest that we try to stay on topic in these cases, and avoid personal comments. You know, play the ball?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join