U.S. Congressman Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting of True the Vote

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well now even more skullduggery comes to light.

It seems that a U.S. Congressman Elijah Cummings (big D, Md.) apparently was contacting the IRS as well as a "target" Conservative group called -True the Vote- in hopes of getting their tax status dis-approved or something like that.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Ca.) has exposed some emails that seem to confirm the massive collusion.

Cummings was the same guy who blew a gasket a few weeks ago when Lois Lerner took the 5th again and Issa closed a hearing.

No wonder he's nervous because he knows all this criminal activity will come down soon enough.

Now it looks like he himself is one of those criminals.

Dirty dealing indeed.

[size]
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., has accused the panel's top Democrat of prompting the Internal Revenue Service in 2012 to target a conservative organization applying for non-profit status.

Issa said records obtained last week from the IRS show communications from the office of ranking member Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., about True the Vote, a Texas-based, non-profit conservative group that aims to prevent voter fraud.

The communications at one point involved Lois Lerner, the ex-IRS official whom Issa's panel is poised to hold in contempt of Congress on Thursday for refusing to provide testimony about her involvement in targeting conservative groups.

Bombshells are in the air

more info....it's getting deep with that IRS scandal that according to Obama is not a scandal.

Cummings may have big legal problems with this...

Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) and five Subcommittee Chairmen on the committee sent a letter to Ranking Member Cummings demanding an explanation for his staff’s queries from the IRS, why the Minority hid these efforts from the Majority, and why the Ranking Member denied such actions by his staff at a February Subcommittee hearing

Democrat Elijah Cummings Faces Up to Five Years in Federal Prison

Double exposures make nice 8x10 glossies...

WASHINGTON – A House panel voted along party lines today to refer Lois Lerner, the former IRS director of tax-exempt organizations, to the Justice Department for criminal investigation.

The House Oversight Committee is expected on Thursday to vote along party lines to charge Lerner with contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions before Congress on May 22, 2013, and as WND reported, again on March 5 at hearings titled “Targeting Americans for their Political Beliefs.”

House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif, has argued Lerner effectively waived her Fifth Amendment right not to answer questions by reading an opening statement proclaiming her innocence before invoking her self-incrimination rights.

House panel refers IRS official for criminal charges

other related shenanigans ....

Even as the IRS faces growing heat over Lois G. Lerner and the tea party targeting scandal, a government watchdog said Wednesday it’s pursuing cases against three other tax agency employees and offices suspected of illegal political activity in support of President Obama and fellow Democrats.

IRS under fire: Vote for Obama stickers, campaign cheerleading commonplace

He's been hiding things....and doing bad things to people.....
Catherine Engelbrecht files formal ethics complaint against Elijiah Cummings for intimidation

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
And after all that outrage at the last hearing, too ...

Methinks that Congressman doth protest too much.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's a video of the "Congressman" going into a wild tirade.....

The palpitating and fibrillating starts about 1/2 way through....
Darrell Issa And Elijah Cummings Get In Heated Exchange During IRS Hearing

Think he's a wee bit nervous about something ?

Don't worry pal, Lois will take some heat, but not all of it I bet when they offer her a "deal" to sing like a canary.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Pretty much explains his outrage! Don't ya think?

CYA?

Not that I like Issa, but if this is factual, then I got to give to Issa for not showing his cards!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Has Cummings scheduled a news conference yet?
You know, the one that will claim that all of this is some racist plot.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well they did hold a news conference one day after his maniacal rant....

And it close.

warning: dull and boring ..... name calling and deflecting.
(note this was *before* the recent exposures)

House Democratic Response to IRS Hearing

W-o-W !!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I live, sadly, within the 7th district where this "man" "represents". I do not know much about the revelations the OP brought up. All I can say is that after months of writing/ e-mailing him regarding events in Fukushima, and receiving the exact same blather with no substance. I took to standing in front of his office in Catonsville. After a few days I finally caught him just to get a look at him and ask my question in person.

All I got from his was your an ***hole and he walked away.

Any man like that should be voted out. Sadly he has had the same spot going on 20 years. Any one else think career politicians are good for the country.

I didn't think so.
edit on 04pm34000000041188 by magnum1188 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by magnum1188

He's really THAT arrogant !!

WoW.

What a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

He's getting warmer !!

Here's some of his rebuttals presented by.....

wait for it.....

best first and only guess....

MSNBC !!!

Tensions between Reps. Elijah Cummings and Darrell Issa are flaring once again over the GOP’s insistence on investigating discredited scandals.

Cummings, a Maryland Democrat and the ranking member on the House Oversight Committee, berated his Republican adversary during a press conference Wednesday for “relentlessly pursuing non-existent scandals for political purposes.”

Citing a laundry list of press reports calling out Issa for stretching the truth in casting the fallout of the terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya, as a supposed conspiracy, Cummings said Issa’s “reckless claims” were an embarrassment to Congress.

Cummings blasts Issa for ‘reckless claims’

Mr. Cummings: take it from a pro.....
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues - 1968

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

He is a joker indeed, it is painfully embarrassing to hear him speak and the animated defense he has put forth of Lerner is inappropriately apologetic at best and certainly not becoming of a congressman.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

have not seen a tempertantrum like that since i worked for the mental health department (worked with kids and teens hence the term tempertantrum) looks like a guilty man trying to stave off the investigations ,sad that this is who we have representing some of us

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Democrat Elijah Cummings

What's with all the misspellings these days..?

Democrat ELiar Cummings

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Issa failed.

He could NOT trace his FAKE scandal back to the White House as he claimed he would and could.

Now he is trying to implicate Cummings?????????

Talk about GRASPING AT STRAWS!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

BritofTexas
Issa failed.

He could NOT trace his FAKE scandal back to the White House as he claimed he would and could.

Still trying to defend a criminal aye???

Apparently the emails prove your deflection otherwise!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

It's still a "Big D" DEMOCRAT Brit, which is more than enough to imply to his target audience (and Fox News') that all Democrats everywhere were involved somehow. Forget the fact that liberal and progressive groups were also "targeted" ... pish posh.

You know how those Democrats are ... everyone does, and anyway, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the Hindenburg, Black Death ... Obama has plenty to answer for, yessiree.

(If the guy's guilty of breaking the law, roast him, I say. But, let's let him be convicted first, maybe? Still America, yes?)
edit on 16Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:51:09 -050014p042014466 by Gryphon66 because: Reality check.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

BritofTexas
Issa failed.

Cummings got himself into this situation.
No implication is needed.

They have the emails to prove what Cummings previously denied is true.

The IRS has been caught. They need to be disbanded.

You may want to go right to the race card.... that's all that's left.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh don't worry so.

When Lois get her deal, she'll sing the National Anthem

Get used to the bread & water !!

Cummings is.a.go'in.down

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Darl "I once saw an episode of 'Murder She Wrote' so I know how to investigate" Issa seems to be yet again jumping the gun with his accusations......

The correspondence does not indicate whether the IRS’ scrutiny of True the Vote’s application for tax exemption was prompted by Cummings’s inquiries about the group and the timing of the correspondence suggests it was not, but instead that Cummings may have modeled his inquiries on those the IRS had already made.

Seems the IRS investgated True the Vote BEFORE Cummings asked them for information.

In February 2012, Engelbrecht’s True the Vote received a letter from the IRS requesting more information about the group; one of Cummings’s letters, which Engelbrecht received in October 2012, contained questions that closely mirrored those posed by the IRS. Issa details them in his letter, strongly implying that Cummings based his letter on the one Engelbrecht had already received from the agency: Both requested information about the software True the Vote was using for voter registration, about the process the group used to train its employees, and about the vendors it used to obtain voter lists.

Issa Accuses Cummings of Colluding with the IRS

As a Texan, I'd like to know about True the Vote's shady activities.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

butcherguy
You may want to go right to the race card.... that's all that's left.

Nice Dog Whistle.

O'Rielly would be proud.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Do you have something else?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join