It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of armed resistance against totalitarian government in the US?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Fromabove
I only wish that we didn't have to go through this because elected officials should be working for the people, and if they would just do that job we would all have peace.

edit on 11-4-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

You think we'd have peace from that that easily? Problems arise, these officials are holding it down. These perceived problems by the general ignorant public are actually solutions to worse distantly related or unrelated problems that are not perceived by the general public. Elected officials are just fronting BS to our faces, making noise about accomplishments that hardly make a difference except in the case of increasing handouts or cutting taxes... If they were to do anything that made a real change to our delicate system then the masses would reject them and elect someone to bring back the status quo. We've elected ourselves into this situation for the most part because masses are short-sighted and can be swayed by easy gains. Behind the scenes I think the politicians may be up to some very really real business otherwise assassinations would be far more frequent. You know how lions like to explore their pride to keep it safe. If it wasn't for this delicate system things like gas would be more expensive and people would grow dissatisfied. People have to be ready for big changes which sometimes require sacrifice if they want any real change at all. They need to accept the types of sacrifices people riot over. Until the masses are ready to accept this without throwing a fit everyone is stuck with what we have powerless to do anything but make it a little better gradually starting from an individual standpoint. Really there is no easy solution. We're in the thick of it here in America. The only painless way out of it is if everyone goes and decides to do good which for many would be to quit their useless jobs and do something more useful, or make better charities, etc... Good for everybody, good for themselves. Problem is many people are lost and in the dark, where to start? Too many people are stuck shoveling # from one hole and then back into the other, back and forth for their whole lives just to keep up the standard of living that they think they are entitled to.

edit on 12-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Mamatus
Bundy is and has for all intents and purposes been living on foreclosed land. When you own a home and don't pay the bill the bank comes and takes it. If you do not leave the house when they send you letters they send in the US Marshals. When your friends show up and form a picket line they send in more US Marshals. US Marshals are armed and if you act even remotely aggressive they can and will put you on the ground. If your friends show up armed? Someone is gonna get hurt.

Bundy is no different than any other deadbeat renter...... He is not a hero for "standing up". He is simply trying to get over the the system he does not like. It is sad that people are coming to the aid of a wealthy cattle rancher yet so many poor people have their rights abused daily.

Where were the protestors when they shot the WW2 vet with the cane that "looked" like a rifle. Of the guy that was killed in his rest home because he did not want an operation? What happened to the protests in Albuquerque over the people being shot there?

Finally, some info. On top of all this he's living on a foreclosed property?! Why couldn't the Feds just go down there and handcuff him after he resisted the first time? What did he expect, that he can squat there until he dies? This is one of the most spectacular stories I have seen in a while, at least in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Talk about it all you want, anybody could venture a guess (and likely be nearly correct with only minor variation) as to what the vast majority of American's will do in response to this story whichever way it goes.

If the bullets start flying and people start dying, y'all will just mutter to yourselves that you're glad it's not you bleeding out in the dirt that you're not that Bundy guy..., then turn on some airheaded sitcom or authority glorifying TV series and completely forget until tomorrow and jabber about it around the water cooler at work, maybe even just crack a (maybe 6 or 12) beer(s) and fall asleep in front of that infernal contraption that is so important to you....

If it goes without incident, it will probably be pretty much the same as lines 4 through 6.

American's don't take anything seriously until their house is on fire, somebody steals their car or they get paranoid about where their kids may be, or if some guy they don't know walks past their house on the sidewalk minding his own business while you busily mind his for him.

Don't worry either way, you can always blame whatever happens on God ....

Escapism, exploitation and neglect, the American way.

Selfishness.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

spirit_horse
Something that I always wondered. Do you think Russia, China, or even the NK's would send arms and military advisors in to the US civilians and support a revolution like the US has done all over the world against many of their allies? If so, things could turn very fast for the feds. All of a sudden air support and armored support would be useless. And the problem with our borders being so open would make stopping a support operation very hard. The one other qquestion and I think is true is the US Gov won't go down without firing off some nukes, in country or to outside supporters.

Chinese do everything with corporations. This seems to be the reason there is a land battle going on. A Chinese solar power company plus Harry Reid need the land to offset the environmental impact of a solar power plant on the local wildlife. The rancher stands in the way with his use of cattle and the land for grazing.

The senator isn't going to openly admit that "we're pushing this guy off the land because we need it for these little guys with the red flag across the ocean". Instead they're going to spin it as either "he's a danger to turtles", or "he's been stealing from the government" or "those ranchers are cruel to wild horses".
edit on 12-4-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

"we're pushing this guy off the land because we need it for these little yellow guys across the ocean"

Wow, you were fast to realize it was an offensive term to use lol
Some people ...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So they plan on taking up arms in a legal situation they do not comprehend? Its quite interesting to see how a situation involving an endangered tortoise can escalate in an armed standoff with assault rifles.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I swear some people don't actually know what a totalitarian government is.

Here's a clue - America doesn't have one. If it did, there's no way these people would be allowed to play soldiers in the desert. Simple as.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Well if what is being said here is true while not the government as a whole is the problem, people with access to power seem to be the problem using some of the government as a tool.

Also I tried to find the story on CNN and msnbc. Am I blind or what? I looked in the US section. I understand the tragic dead of teens in an incident takes precedence, but you would expect a juicy wakoish story to at least be clearly visible in the US section.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

yes, that sounds abou't right

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Merinda
So they plan on taking up arms in a legal situation they do not comprehend? Its quite interesting to see how a situation involving an endangered tortoise can escalate in an armed standoff with assault rifles.

Are you referring to the BLM?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

KingIcarus

Here's a clue - America doesn't have one. If it did, there's no way these people would be allowed to play soldiers in the desert. Simple as.

corporate fascism is rightb wing totalitarianism
i think i quoted a dictionary back a few pages

How does Washington get away with the claim that the country it rules is a democracy and has freedom? This absurd claim ranks as one of the most unsubstantiated claims in history.

There is no democracy whatsoever. Voting is a mask for rule by a few powerful interest groups. In two 21st century rulings (Citizens United and McCutcheon), the US Supreme Court has ruled that the purchase of the US government by private interest groups is merely the exercise of free speech. These rulings allow powerful corporate and financial interests to use their money-power to elect a government that serves their interests at the expense of the general welfare.

The control private interests exercise over the government is so complete that private interests have immunity to prosecution for crimes. - Paul Craig Roberts
www.paulcraigroberts.org...
edit on Sunpm4b20144America/Chicago15 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Don't you love the way they spin the situation:

Amy Lueders, head of the Nevada BLM office, said the cattle seizure was a last resort to address a rancher who "owes the American people in excess of $1 million" in back fees, penalties and other costs.
Link

Where does she think would be bearing the ridiculous fees, penalties and other costs in the end? The American consumers, that's who! BLM is really the one fighting against the american people, but claiming the Bundy's are shortchanging the American taxpayers?? LOL.
The BLM is squeezing the ordinary people by imposing unnecessary costs on small farmers meanwhile big corporations get breaks, incentives and laws written for them. Consumers do end up paying more for healthier alternatives.

And let's not get into the tax payers' money the squandered getting the heavily-equipped army onto the ranch. Did she think that's all for free? Hey, Lueders, how about suggesting to cut military costs on illegal wars throughout the world that are wasting billions of tax money (and precious lives), huh?

edit on 13-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I can put the answer for you in plain english: If you want "FREEdom and Liberty", Revolution 2104 is the only way youll get it. All American Militia Intelligence. "Man American is a nation of terrorists, founded by terrorists for terrorists, what do you think the Revolutionary War was?"-BF3 True to date, just like your puppeteer govt, if you want something, you have to take it. Only thing been standing in the way is legal docs and wears what badge.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

KingIcarus

Here's a clue - America doesn't have one.

I agree. It doesn't have one as long as the people will come together to show their muscle in support of the little guys, well-equipped with cellphones too. Do you really think these farmers would have won their case, otherwise?

There are only two things that a totalitarian government officials are afraid of: People uprising AND, to a lesser degree, a cut of campaign contributions (and kickbacks) from big corporations.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The way to topple a government is not through violence.

Governments exist parasitically by siphoning the labor and wealth from their people.

A well armed population is helpful, but a more effective approach would be to become more self sufficient and stop relying so much on the authorities and administrations and so on to cover your basic needs, which would then deprive government of it's power over us and eventually cause it to implode.

The scary thing is what will replace it since we have a whole bunch of semi retarded bullies and greedy bastards waiting in the wings to take over where government would leave off.

Probably end up being something like on that Costner movie " The Postman"...Army of 8...meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

Maybe end up with the Crips and Bloods vying to take over, or some other maladjusted group of damaged people.

Anarchy works fine in nature, nature would be a good model to work from.
edit on 15-4-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
the fastest way to get rid of a tyranny is
to get the government to act like one

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
dup
edit on Tueam4b20144America/Chicago13 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me how the showdown with the BLM this past week, or a future stand between armed Americans against armed Federal agents, is going to limit the federal government's power; especially over federal lands, which is at the crux of the Bundy situation?

Are you under the impression some member of Congress is going to submit legislation to that end, which will pass Congress and be signed into law?
That a court case will be heard that will deliver a verdict that brings about that change?

Or are some of you imagining an all out physical battle? One where the US federal government ceases to exist? With the goal of what? Anarchy? Or a re-write of governing documents? Or each state becomes its own nation?

I'm trying to wrap my head around what all of the Bundy supporters are expecting to change, and how.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
it is going to bring a wide awareness that might disconnect people from their idiot boxes and make them go outside and take a look...

then the peeps will show signs of awakening...
then if that doesn't work,
they will show guns.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

He is NOT living on foreclosed land.

Even if he was: snipers, black helicopters and armed men in kevlar vests?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join