It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's biggest star right now is a hologram

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

AfterInfinity
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Wow. We've come a long way in film-making, haven't we?

lol yeah, CGI is way better than it used to be. Never realize how far we've come til you see the old version again after all those years. I find watching anything with old CGI to be kind of laughable on that count. It's so bad that it ends up detracting from the story.

The story in Looker, on the other hand, is fascinating. Crichton was an interesting bloke.

Not just the CGI. I'm talking about music, emotion, plot, character design, etc. I'm talking about all the things that make a movie worth seeing. That trailer looked like the back-end of a fan-made film.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

WhiteAlice

AfterInfinity
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Wow. We've come a long way in film-making, haven't we?

lol yeah, CGI is way better than it used to be. Never realize how far we've come til you see the old version again after all those years. I find watching anything with old CGI to be kind of laughable on that count. It's so bad that it ends up detracting from the story.

The story in Looker, on the other hand, is fascinating. Crichton was an interesting bloke.

Not just the CGI. I'm talking about music, emotion, plot, character design, etc. I'm talking about all the things that make a movie worth seeing. That trailer looked like the back-end of a fan-made film.

"Looker" was dated -- and not just the effects, buy the tone in general; the film had a real "1980s feel" to it.

However, once you get past the dated aspect of it, it was a pretty good film. Albert Finney is good in almost anything he does.

edit on 4/10/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Bring the future on. It might be artificial. But still more feeling than I get from some artists who are supposed to be "real". The people behind this know what they want to create and I would call them very creative.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

One day our world leaders will be all CGI... heck we already have a fake president!
I say bring it on!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

But this one looks better than Obama.
I like few of music on that show but I feel very uncomfortable for cheer the CGI.
Actually I feel uncomfortable for cheer any person.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by soficrow

"Looker" by Michael Crichton? First thing that popped into my mind (and lol if it IS what you were thinking of).

en.wikipedia.org...

Only vid available of the trailer, kind a crappy filming:

Thanks. Maybe, not sure. Love Crichton but I don't remember "Looker" specifically. Sounds like a GREAT concept though. And typical Crichton for sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Sooooo old news...
Love Project Diva though it's one of my favourite games.

They did this with Tupac aswell incase you didn't know.

edit on 11-4-2014 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Nothing new for Japan here. X Japan have been touring with a holographic hide since they reunited.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

hana1
Sooooo old news...
Love Project Diva though it's one of my favourite games.

They did this with Tupac aswell incase you didn't know.

Tupac wasn't really a hologram either -- it was a "pepper's ghost" projection.

"Pepper's Ghost" is an old illusion (used for 100s of years, and perfected over 100 years ago) that projects an image onto a piece of glass. When Snoop was "reacting" to Tupac on stage, he was not seeing the full illusion we are seeing -- he was only seeing a flat projected image onto a screen (albeit the screen was a piece of glass).

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Wow that is very nice, i can see that it will be so amazing if you have a whole cinemascreen of these LED's.

Thanks for showing, never saw this before.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Have you watched Terminator recently? lol, it seems pretty cheesy as well. While a movie may really get dated by when it was made, the story is still everything and Looker was one of those stories that was really very good. I'd actually love to see it go through a remake though replacing Albert Finney would be a tough job. It's a pity that it isn't in novel form like so many other things that Crichton wrote. The man was really the genius and master of R&D cautionary tales.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I guess they got tired of watching Asimo fall down stairs.

funny!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That serves him right for being a show-off and turning his head to look at the audience instead of watching where he was going.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Can we please stop calling projectors on transparent screens Holograms please?

Deny ignorance

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join