It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your own 'Leather/Kydex' holsters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Head's up semperfortis... this can also work for making that knife sheath you wanted.

A quote from the How Too

Making your own holster for whatever you need is an easy and forgiving process. This instructable will show you how to make a holster out of a sheet of Kydex plastic and a piece of backing leather (usually called a hybrid holster).

By learning this technique, you can make a holster for your replica of Han Solo's blaster, your own pistol for competitions such as IDPA, or whatever you want to have at your side at all times. By using a combination of heat-formed kydex and leather, you end up with a holster that will grip your item well, but not need precise tensioning like an all-kydex holster

Cant take credit for this one, this 'How Too' comes from UrbanSurvival click this link for the complete how too and DL instructions.

FYI I quick Google search found me a source of Kydex with prices for a 24" X 48" inch sheet starting at just over $15 bucks and it comes in more colors then just black though black does seem to be the cheapest.

I have my order in for a 4 pack of 12"x12" sheets--- Figure I'll screw the first one up in the learning process so I'm getting extra stuff to do it right on my second or third attempt... Oh and BTW that's the way you learn to do things, trial and error and not being to proud to learn from our mistakes

Anyway I have a few oddball pistols I just haven't been able to buy decent holsters for...
For a long time now I've been looking for an easy way to make my own custom fit holsters and this one looks to be ideal for me at least

Edit to add:
Kydex is a moldable thermoplastic you can form to just about anything as long as you have access to an oven that can reach 300 f
edit on 10-4-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This as an awesome thread.

Not only can yo use it for sheaths and holsters but a thousand other things as well.

You can make holsters for all your custom gear.

Thanks for the info OP

F&S X 100000000000000000000000

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Like I said, this is a learning process for me too and when I get started I'll be glad to post photos of my progress...
in then end though I would like to try making a hard-shell rifle case, something I move from truck to saddle kind of deal.
but for now I'll stick to this simpler project until I got the steps down

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

HardCorps
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Like I said, this is a learning process for me too and when I get started I'll be glad to post photos of my progress...
in then end though I would like to try making a hard-shell rifle case, something I move from truck to saddle kind of deal.
but for now I'll stick to this simpler project until I got the steps down

Right. I see your like me. You must teach yourself through your errors and successes. It seems easily doable. Looks like a good source for material. I say your on to something here.

Holsters by HardCorps

Custom holsters for those odd sized guns that just don't seem to fit in anything else.

Don't thank me now, just remember the little people when you make it big.

new topics

top topics

join