It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus of Nazareth..and his lovely wife.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Abavs
reply to post by tsingtao

Jesus is nothing more then a figure head to control the masses to have spiritual faith in a religion that puts boundaries on the mind heart and soul and to prolong true spiritual evolution.

control the masses. check. heard that before. figurehead too.
so you believe in Him?

what spiritual evolution is true/correct?
can ya tell a brother the way? and be specific?

and explain what boundaries are you referring to?

science? without Jesus science will lead us to spiritual evolution?

or without Jesus we would just naturally get spiritual evolution?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Please tell me what boundaries on the heart does a religion that states "Love they neighbor as you love yourself"?
Please tell me what boundaries on the mind does a religion that teaches wisdom to be the first love of a person and to seek it wholeheartedly, as you did when you were a child?(Proverbs is solely dedicated to the seeking and finding of wisdom)
Please tell me what boundaries on the body does a religion that teaches that the body is a temple and to treat it in a respectful way, in order to not defile what was made holy?

If you cannot answer these questions, please refrain from saying things that are blatantly untrue. This particular religion, if followed as it is taught, would lead to a utopia on Earth. It seems that when we do as we know we shouldn't that these limits you refer to are imposed. I myself, follow Yeshua, and do not feel myself limited. In fact He has broken the chains that have bound me and truthfully I may call myself "free".
edit on 14-4-2014 by pleasethink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

tsingtao

andy1972

tsingtao

andy1972
As a rabbi, and lets not foget he was jewish, Yeshua ben Yosef would have been obliged to marry and have kids, as the job doesn't allow otherwise.
The wedding at Cana where he performs the 'water into wine', was probably his own.

yeah, for a regular joe rabbi, maybe.

His wife and kids would be getting sick of wine and fish.

"why can't you make some T-bones or chicken!!?"

"a couple brussel sprouts even!"

"get a real job!"

i don't think you have to be married first, to become a rabbi.

Do some research. If you were a rabbi you HAD to get married, it was a job requirement. The mishnaic law is quite explicit on the fact - 'An unmarried man may not be a teacher'. Kids were a certainty, as the Torah commands 'be fruitful and multiply'.

fairly friggin weak, ya think?

we talking about Jesus, right?

sorry but He went against every grain, didn't He?

being married was a minor/moot point for Him.

like the truth for the obama admin.

Other than the Obama skit...do you have any HISTORICAL fact to add to the thread?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
why are people obssessed with this rubbish that Jesus was married ? next it will be, he was really a Grey Alien from the Pleiades

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

Your picking a argument that ultimately in the end I WILL win.

The bottom line is the Catholic religion and some parts of chrisrinanity for that matter are dangerous. They turn good people into judgemental guilt trippers who condemned anyone who commits a sin. If I am not mistaken how many people died at the hand of the Catholic religion from the 10th century up until the last witch trial witch I think was at the 1944. Even the Catholic religion did not kill her millions had died before her across the world at the hand of the Catholic religion in the name of Jesus Christ.

Catholicism teaches people to think and behave a certain way. Not to ask questions. Think in a closed manna and not to accept a larger horizon of spirituality.

Answer me this, what kind of religion hides away thousands of records of spiritualality and history in the Vatican vault for no one to see or ever have access to? A religion that has a lot to hide. Full Stop.

If catholicism and Christianity were the true way of the light they would of made made copies of all the original records in the vault and make it public knowledge of all the contents in the vault. Get it into books and online.

I welcome you to argue this cause the bottom line is. Any religion that conceals the truth from its followers and gives them a sugar coated story to for fill there quest for spiritual knowledge and evolution is not the way of the light. This if anything has the properties of an occult.

I have spent more hours seeking the truth then you probably have spent in church in your entire life.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Abavs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There are two threads going on the same topic.

As I said in the other thread, John 2:9-10 clearly indicates Jesus is the bridegroom. But of course, that is "symbolic". Whenever something doesn't fit it becomes symbolic. In that case, why are the actual bride and groom not mentioned?

Does it matter? We cannot say for sure but neither can we say it doesn't matter. Truth is important. For all we know Mary Magdalene might have had some very important role in the entire mission, and if nothing else might explain the donkey.

[I'd query "Nazareth", Jesus the Nazarene is more accurate - from Nazareth or a Nazarene?]
edit on 52400000010435bTuesday000000 by Buziblu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Buziblu

I'd query "Nazareth", Jesus the Nazarene is more accurate - from Nazareth or a Nazarene?

Nazareth, which, during the time of Jesus, was a large cemetery area, with a smattering of a few rural farms scattered here and there, is just a few miles from the slopes of Mt Carmel, the headquarters of the Nazorean, and where Elijah's cave is found. Coincident?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Abavs

I would say you are definitely telling the truth about the church part, as I don't belong to a church. And as I have stated before many times, I am not catholic. Also, it does seem to be starting to drift a little. But for clarity, the Bible is available in almost every language on earth. If you would like, look into it, and see if it fits your description. Also, there really is no need to get all confrontational and agro only because I voiced my opinion on a subject I find appealing. I am allowed to state my opinion, as are you. I am merely showing that what you said does not fit into the realm of what I understand as being clearly written in the Bible. What you respond with is more a testament of the immorality of man. I don't believe anyone ever debated that man does some messed up things. I'm just saying the Bible is not what you say it is, and I have clearly shown evidence to support it. You, however are regurgitating what has been posted many times before on this site, about the big bad Catholic church trying to take over the world without a military of note or any real power over anyone other than members of the Catholic church. This alone should break the illusion. But it doesn't. Soooo.... I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join