It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Numbers Which Prove That Americans Are Angrier And More Frustrated Than Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
More Evidence of Anger: Woman throws a shoe at former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during Mrs. Clinton's speech in Las Vegas today.

Video and Story link found here: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 10-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

rangerdanger
"First thing you gotta do, is get angry."
I probably butchered that quote, but you get the gist.

Its AMAZING how little things have changed since this film was made, and how SPOT ON it still is.
edit on 10-4-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Texaslib
Americans are angry because the American Dream is dying.
The only people to blame is our congress and President(s) Notice I said Presidents... People every President we ever had (which was never truly elected by the people.. but that's a whole other post)has systematically worked against your rights and America in general. YOU CAN THANK THE ELITE who are the puppetmasters in the first place. There is NOTHING we can do and nowhere to run.. THE AMERICAN DREAM WILL DIE.. Our Atlantis; our New Babylon, if you will... will end and the new Atlantis CHINA will be crowned soon... So get ready! CHINA already owns us... all they have to do is call in their loan.. AND WE ARE SCREWED.. they OWN our land... Just wait... when we crash; CHINA will start moving on the US...

No..we, the people, also share the blame. We elected these losers.
We bought junk from China at Wal Mart instead of demanding American Made.
We put ourselves into debt to a degree that boggles the mind...and I am talking personal debt. How many actually have savings that is more than just a couple month's income?
We are greedy, consumption oriented, obese morons unable to wait for the next technology fix. We may not be able to feed our children but, by God, we are going to wear our Nikes and buy the latest smart phone.
We suckle at the teat of society. Just less than half the country are dependent on govt for support/welfare of some kind or other.

And...the final damnation: Knowing that our govt sucks, knowing that our govt is corrupt. Knowing that our govt is a bloated, stinking sack o' shizt, we continue to elect the same tired, corrupt, ignorant (in some cases) losers.

We deserve what we are getting.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I believe that the people in the media that are portraying movies, the news, internet, etc. Evil, reality opposing Movies are meat for fun, but mess up your communications because they are violent and go against social norms and the known intelligence (how people act) of the U.S society.

Without guidelines to fix the problems that are developed in us by these movies, the news, internet, etc. - our brains will develop in a way we will not desire and will affect our relationships with other people and other affairs in our lives. We can still watch violent movies, watch the news, get on the internet, etc for media but atleast give us the solution which are guidelines to fixing the problems that they develop within us. The government cannot do this because the simulation that we are in does not permit people with the right minds in the government or the right minds in communication a mind of perception. We are all under mind control by the simulation that we are in and only certain people can see these problems that develop within us. Most people in these areas - government and media only work how our simulation allows them to work - without a perception and perception is the ability to know what is going on or to be conscious. This is a big problem in U.S society and in our world. Without hard data to ngila-er (read backwards) our communications in these area's of our lives while being interactive with these media's and with other people, we will willingly create a reality for all of us that is not favorable.

The tnemngila-er (read backwards) is a apart of a paradigm system that is composed of good or human which is the first paradigm, then disaligned or obscure which is the second paradigm and evil or reptilian which is the third paradigm. You can be on either paradigm. We need to take people off of the disaligned paradigm and get them on the good paradigm and teach our children so they will be on the good paradigm also.

I've figured out the problem to all this and I'd say we need more systems analysts if we want to put these thoughts into fruition and fix our world.

edit on 10-4-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationsDivad

Umm...ok. Matrix....got it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

seabag
reply to post by TiedDestructor

I'm one of those former conservative to independent converts btw.

So you went from a solid position on the issues to a wet noodle that blows with the wind?

Makes sense!! That’s just what we need in this country…more people abandoning their values in protest.

edit on 10-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

The position on issues that you and I hold are unique to our opinions.

What I've come to realize is that the problem is not our differences of opinion but the governments involvement in regulating and influencing them.

I never abandoned my values...that's WHY I'm angry.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

seabag
reply to post by TiedDestructor

I'm one of those former conservative to independent converts btw.

So you went from a solid position on the issues to a wet noodle that blows with the wind?

Makes sense!! That’s just what we need in this country…more people abandoning their values in protest.

edit on 10-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

The position on issues that you and I hold are unique to our opinions.

What I've come to realize is that the problem is not our differences of opinion but the governments involvement in regulating and influencing them.

I never abandoned my values...that's WHY I'm angry.

Since you seem to be reasonable on the subject, here's something for you to think about. A large number of people in the US hold your values however a large number of people in the US also happen to hold values opposite to your own. Personally, I hold some beliefs that others don't just disagree with but would flat out find to be offensive. Whose to say which is right? Whoever has the majority is simply using mob rule to force their opinion on everyone else. Is it not best to try and discuss issues with those who disagree until we can create a framework that we can all live with? Rather than try to simply beat the other side into political submission?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The constant blame game and dividing of society based on just about anything under the sun, is what I find to be the most problematic part. It is human nature to want to blame someone or something in order to make sense of it. Mostly everyone is screaming their heads off about it being someone's fault and I think that eventually everyone becomes a target of another's anger. Some more than others. This is tiring and upsetting. People start feeling like they aren't good enough and or are a huge burden to others though quite the contrary.

I personally don't blame anyone, or any one thing. I think it's a bit more complex. Many people and events contributed over time to cause these unfortunate times we are in. That's about all I can say. Things are indeed twisted and it takes extra effort just to wade through the muck to get facts.

Though, I am tired, not angry per se just mostly tired..and saddened a bit. I struggled all my life with many things and I figure, I will see through this too. I am disabled and receive SSI, food stamps and Medicaid. With the way the news tries to make people out to be who are on food stamps and such. I hear some awful things that don't even likely apply to people like me but I sense it does. It still hurts. We are all human here but sometimes it doesn't seem others are willing to remember that.

I'm grateful, honest and simple, don't do drugs or alcohol have no children and I do not care to have 99% of the crap people buy and spend money on and prefer to DIY where I can. BUT.....(wait for it). I have an iPad which will last me 4 or so years which is a good thing as a lot of PCs don't often last that long. But *god forbid* I have something so nice! it's been invaluable to me. I'm working on self publishing a book and maybe putting some music out that I other people could use. Art and graphics is another thing I do. It's my life all day every day. All on an iPad. I hope to bring in just a bit of extra cash so I can put about a few bucks in my cars gas tank a month to get to my doctors appointments each month etc. I'm not just sitting and playing Candy Crush all day. I work toward my goals each day and darn hard. I never give up.

This brings me to another point. I hear people holler a lot about "labor"and such regarding work, yet we should know there is already a huge change taking place which involves technology that enables us to do things at home or be our own boss. Things like AirBnB enable anyone to provide a service by renting out a spare room in your home or if you are away. Also one could let someone rent your vehicle while you aren't driving it such as over the weekend. There are many things emerging that seem to show we don't have to wait for the government to "create jobs" to get our bills paid. Things like this are likely the future. I think it's fascinating. Content Creators for YouTube come to mind also. I am eager to see what we will see in the near future.

Maybe I am pretty simple but I have hope we can turn this around and start caring for one another as human beings again like maybe we once did a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
THE REAL SOURCE OF THE WHOLE PROBLEM: Lazy stupid immoral people voting other lazy stupid immoral people into office, and then KEEPING those same people in office year after year. WAKE UP AND VOTE THESE CLOWNS OUT OF OFFICE AND WE WILL WIN OUR COUNTRY BACK YOU MORONS (by the way, I get out there and vote every year, but there is not a single clown performing the circus today that got a vote from me. )

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by olddognewtricks

Good points olddognewtricks...If We The People aren't willing to make the changes Now, then When? If not US, then Who?
edit on 11-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hardly anyone seems capable of pinpointing what is really going on. I see people blaming immigrants, the poor, the president, regulation, globalization, the educational system, parents, liberals, conservatives, corporate tax rates, the EPA, gay marriage, etc. In reality, we're observing the effects of a trend that has been underway for 70+ years and it can be summed up in a single word — automation.

Here's an infographic published last year in an article in the MIT Technology Review that sums things up nicely.

...and it's only going to get worse because of computerization:

Oxford researchers say that 45 percent of America’s occupations will be automated within the next 20 years.

Rapid advances in technology have long represented a serious potential threat to many jobs ordinarily performed by people.

A recent report (which is not online, but summarized here) from the Oxford Martin School’s Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology attempts to quantify the extent of that threat. It concludes that 45 percent of American jobs are at high risk of being taken by computers within the next two decades.

The authors believe this takeover will happen in two stages. First, computers will start replacing people in especially vulnerable fields like transportation/logistics, production labor, and administrative support. Jobs in services, sales, and construction may also be lost in this first stage. Then, the rate of replacement will slow down due to bottlenecks in harder-to-automate fields such engineering. This “technological plateau” will be followed by a second wave of computerization, dependent upon the development of good artificial intelligence. This could next put jobs in management, science and engineering, and the arts at risk.

source

The irony of the OP's list is that it's propaganda intended to make readers think that the obvious solution is a regime change. Opportunistic ideologues are taking full advantage of the state of affairs to push their own agendas but the truth is that nobody in politics is addressing the reality that we're consistently losing jobs, year after year, because there is simply no longer a need to have human beings doing many of them.

I used to believe that a viable solution to creating American jobs was simply to buy products "Made in America" but now I think a more prescient campaign would be "Made by Humans."
edit on 2014-4-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Not only in the US, it is in Canada too. Our former Federal Minister of Finance Jim Flaherty died last night at 64 and not one good comment was left on yahoo regarding his passing. People are mad. Well it appears that some of the nasty comments have been removed but they were nasty. Probably not directed at the human but the man who made policy to favour the rich as many said and create hardship for average canadians such as raising the retirement age from 65 to 67. I can't repeat them.

Another thing happening in Ontario is the regulation of trades is being implemented which will cause a whole host of problems for carpenters, brick layers, handymen. These people who have learned more than some school could teach them will no longer be able to work without a 'certificate'.

Utilities are going through the roof with no end in sight and no raise either, people are getting mad, no wonder.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

We don't choose who is welcome based on race or ethnicity we choose who is welcome by whether or not they come here to become Americans and assimilate into our culture. We have absolutely no use for people who come here to raid our welfare and other entitlements that belong only to American citizens. Don't try to turn the argument around to bring a race thing. America is the least bigoted country on the planet and always has been. People claim bigotry when they don't have the courage to stand on their own two feet.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

You make some valid points, although there is no intent of persuasion for regime change. It simply is the voice of the people being heard, and that is healthy in my view. Regarding jobs, I think it is fair to say that the American people historically cast their vote based upon their individual financial circumstances, and the state of the economy when making their decision in the voting booth.

Joblessness leads to despair and hopelessness, which often can lead to frustration and anger.
edit on 11-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

theantediluvian
Hardly anyone seems capable of pinpointing what is really going on. I see people blaming immigrants, the poor, the president, regulation, globalization, the educational system, parents, liberals, conservatives, corporate tax rates, the EPA, gay marriage, etc. In reality, we're observing the effects of a trend that has been underway for 70+ years and it can be summed up in a single word — automation.

right on the automation part. BUT

the fewer jobs are STILL PARTLY STOLEN BY IMMIGRANTS!

like a candle burning at both ends, yet you refuse to address one of the fires!

automation on one end and IMMIGRANTS on the other.

or like 2 sides of a vice being tightened.

Immigrants form the DOUBLE WHAMMY!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

tmeister182

We don't choose who is welcome based on race or ethnicity we choose who is welcome by whether or not they come here to become Americans and assimilate into our culture. We have absolutely no use for people who come here to raid our welfare and other entitlements that belong only to American citizens. Don't try to turn the argument around to bring a race thing. America is the least bigoted country on the planet and always has been. People claim bigotry when they don't have the courage to stand on their own two feet.

I'm not suggesting that some Immigrants are not taking advantage of America, but many are contributing too. I simply took exception to the notion and statement "All Immigrants" are bad for our country.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

theantediluvian

This is a valid point. Remember your history, folks. Not very long ago, there were no such things as "jobs. " This has been a fairly recent anomaly in human history. Things are now trending back to the old ways - where everyone is pretty much stuck in some role they were born into, that role is what defines them and occupies them night and day, and there is essentially zero social mobility inside established societies.

Here's an infographic published last year in an article in the MIT Technology Review that sums things up nicely.

...and it's only going to get worse because of computerization:

Oxford researchers say that 45 percent of America’s occupations will be automated within the next 20 years.

Rapid advances in technology have long represented a serious potential threat to many jobs ordinarily performed by people.

A recent report (which is not online, but summarized here) from the Oxford Martin School’s Programme on the Impacts of Future Technology attempts to quantify the extent of that threat. It concludes that 45 percent of American jobs are at high risk of being taken by computers within the next two decades.

The authors believe this takeover will happen in two stages. First, computers will start replacing people in especially vulnerable fields like transportation/logistics, production labor, and administrative support. Jobs in services, sales, and construction may also be lost in this first stage. Then, the rate of replacement will slow down due to bottlenecks in harder-to-automate fields such engineering. This “technological plateau” will be followed by a second wave of computerization, dependent upon the development of good artificial intelligence. This could next put jobs in management, science and engineering, and the arts at risk.

source

The irony of the OP's list is that it's propaganda intended to make readers think that the obvious solution is a regime change. Opportunistic ideologues are taking full advantage of the state of affairs to push their own agendas but the truth is that nobody in politics is addressing the reality that we're consistently losing jobs, year after year, because there is simply no longer a need to have human beings doing many of them.

I used to believe that a viable solution to creating American jobs was simply to buy products "Made in America" but now I think a more prescient campaign would be "Made by Humans."
edit on 2014-4-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Network.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

rickynews

tmeister182

I'm not suggesting that some Immigrants are not taking advantage of America, but many are contributing too. I simply took exception to the notion and statement "All Immigrants" are bad for our country.

simple MATH.. MILLIONS of AMERICANS are needing work.

Until EVERY AMERICAN has a JOB... ANY IMMIGRANT who has one IS THE ENEMY!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

HanzHenry

rickynews

tmeister182

simple MATH.. MILLIONS of AMERICANS are needing work.

Until EVERY AMERICAN has a JOB... ANY IMMIGRANT who has one IS THE ENEMY!

I respectfully disagree. Immigrants are Not America's enemy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join