It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Numbers Which Prove That Americans Are Angrier And More Frustrated Than Ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why are Americans so Angry?

Here is an An article by Michael Snyder, at endoftheamericandream.com...

19 Numbers Which Prove That Americans Are Angrier And More Frustrated Than Ever

Have you noticed that people are becoming angrier? You can see it everywhere – in our homes, in our schools, in our workplaces, in our television shows, in our movies, and certainly in Washington. In fact, many have said that there is an “epidemic” of anger in America today. And it is undeniably true. As you will see below, a whole host of surveys and opinion polls show that America has become a seething cauldron of anger and frustration unlike anything that we have ever seen before. As a nation, we are more divided than we have been in decades, and economic conditions continue to deteriorate. People are working harder than ever and Americans get less vacation days than anyone else in the world, but median household incomekeeps going down every year. Americans are dissatisfied with their relationships, their jobs, their communities and their political leaders. There is this growing sense that our country is steamrolling toward disaster, and yet there is very little agreement on what the solutions to our problems are. Instead, blaming others for our problems has become a new American pastime. The very fabric of our society is coming apart at the seams and the thin veneer of civilization that we all take for granted is beginning to disappear. What is America going to look like if we continue to go even farther down this road?
The following statistics come from various surveys and opinion polls that have been conducted recently. Without a doubt, these numbers show that Americans are angrier and more frustrated than ever…
#1 65 percent of Americans are dissatisfied “with the U.S. system of government and its effectiveness”. That is the highest level of dissatisfaction that Gallup has ever recorded.

edit on 10-4-2014 by rickynews because: Clarification

edit on 4/10/2014 by Mirthful Me because: Title, Ex Tags, Link...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"First thing you gotta do, is get angry."
I probably butchered that quote, but you get the gist.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We are broke.

The future looks hopeless to young people.

There are no jobs.

We are being systematically invaded.

Our Government spies on us.

We have no Leadership.

Other than that.....It seems you are correct.

People are pissed...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think that quote is from Clint Eastwood in the movie "High Plains Drifter"

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm angry reading this so I suppose you have a point.

America is tired. So am I.

It's been many years in the making. We didn't just wake up angry one day.

The fighting between us needs to stop. Like I said...it tires me.

I'm one of those former conservative to independent converts btw.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I think that quote is from Clint Eastwood in the movie "High Plains Drifter"
reply to post by rickynews

He said something quite like that in the outlaw Josey Wales. Towards the end when they were in the cabin preparing to battle the indians

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

I'm one of those former conservative to independent converts btw.

So you went from a solid position on the issues to a wet noodle that blows with the wind?

Makes sense!! That’s just what we need in this country…more people abandoning their values in protest.

edit on 10-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You're correct, my bad. The movie was Outlaw Josey Wales

edit on 10-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

link   

So what is causing all of this anger and frustration? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cognitive dissonance.

There has never been a population on Earth that is as brainwashed as the US citizenry. It's not a conspiracy per se, because it's everywhere. Brain "washing" is how all that power players operate and they always have. The adoption of mass media is the difference. Now you've got 24/7 bombardment, leading to saturation and with a growing number, withdrawal / total rejection.

People in the withdrawal/rejection/detox process are going to be angry. I personally hope this anger passes and the process of rational reorganization begins. I found that I've lost interest in TV and movies and developed a revulsion to advertising. There's no going back now.

link   
Americans are angry because the American Dream is dying.
The only people to blame is our congress and President(s) Notice I said Presidents... People every President we ever had (which was never truly elected by the people.. but that's a whole other post)has systematically worked against your rights and America in general. YOU CAN THANK THE ELITE who are the puppetmasters in the first place. There is NOTHING we can do and nowhere to run.. THE AMERICAN DREAM WILL DIE.. Our Atlantis; our New Babylon, if you will... will end and the new Atlantis CHINA will be crowned soon... So get ready! CHINA already owns us... all they have to do is call in their loan.. AND WE ARE SCREWED.. they OWN our land... Just wait... when we crash; CHINA will start moving on the US...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So what is causing all of this anger and frustration?

See #1 - #19 above.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm not angry...I may be going a little mad though.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
did anyone else notice this tread suddenly disappeared???

I gave a great reply on why we are angry....

Suddenly POOF all of the first replies are simply gone

What happen???????????????????????????

Error 404 - page can't be found

edit on 10-4-2014 by tow69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2014 by tow69 because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I noticed that too, and then reposted. I suspect in my first post I exceeded the number of characters, and perhaps ATS admin had to take it off, so I broke the post into 2 different postings:

"The Angry Americans"
"The Obama Scandals Legacy"

The original post was essentially a blending of the above two subject matters.
edit on 10-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
All boils down to 14 years of open armed conflict with sovereign nations. Who wouldn't be depressed?

"War is fought because both sides are just."

Well, hate to break it to you, but we don't have a just cause. Unless you're one of the very few that stand to profit, everyone else loses. The other side of the coin is actually fighting for freedom from various puppet governments we've installed. War has enough horror in it that you had better have a good reason to wage it, but we don't. The guilt builds up as people realize the truth, and the shame builds up after really looking into 9/11. Yeah, that kind of war on false pretenses will bring any nation to its knees. And it should. Just glad more are FINALLY waking up, so maybe a change is coming soon.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well we woke up and realize we are nothing but slaves to the elite. The internet has caused a worldwide awakening. We are all connected but the powers that be want us at each others throats as a distraction.

Does any one support that we have the largest prison population on the planet? But what is being done about it?

Women want equal pay but don't get it. Why?

Men want more equality when it comes to raising kids in a single parent home and want less burden on the child support. Does this happen? No! Why?

We want our elected officials to work. Why isn't this happening?

We want a more even playing field like liveable wages, we want the government to work for all not just the wealthy and industry.

Does anyone support the drug war?? So why is it still going on?

Does anyone support the supreme court?

Does anyone support Monsanto gmo foods when there own employee cafeterias don't use gmo foods?

Does anyone support zero tolerance schools system?

Does anyone support the militarization of our civilian police force??

The movie the Road Warrior was made 30 years ago about the world running out of oil and we as a society have done next to nothing to change.

Fraking will destroy our countries aquifers and fracturing our crust below our feet is somehow a good idea?

There too many problems to list and we are way to slow to change. The population is old and getting older someday the young will take over so I guess our problems will be left for them to fix.
edit on 10-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Little or No "Hope"
Little or No "Change"

And certainly Not "Change We Can Believe In"

We are intentionally being Divided, and we are far from being United.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
this is a fight against the wealthy.....the people that have wealth get others to do their bidding, that way they insulate themselves from the repercussions...having a strong representative government was set up to control the ravages that "wealth" had fostered on regular people over the centuries in other countries and with other societies....this is why dictators and kings always keep their people poor and uneducated, it was to keep them powerless. this has went on for thousands of years...when a government is overthrown by it's people, the wealthy are conveniently absent from the devastation of that society. after a government is restored, or a new one is set up, the wealthy come in and start up all over again......the world's history books bear this out, no matter what century, race, country, or governmental organization is involved. I am not advocating for communism, but for a capitalistic system with strict controls on "wealth" and it's influence, managed by the people. monetary corruption is the most powerful weapon that "wealth" yields. they are trained for it from an early age, and have had centuries to perfect it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is just my personal opinion based on the people I interact with in the real world but the vast majority of anger I see is based on economic factors and politics rarely enters into the discussion other than some "the government oughtta" type of statements. I hear a lot of people who are angry because they've lost much of their wealth and don't see themselves earning it back in time for their planned retirement, some younger people don't hold out much hope for things improving for them.

A few people I know get political, unfortunately one of them is my neighbor and he wants to talk about it everytime he sees me outside, but I think most of the people I've heard complaining would be far less angry if their economic prospects improved.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

whyamIhere
We are broke.

The future looks hopeless to young people.

There are no jobs.

We are being systematically invaded.

Our Government spies on us.

We have no Leadership.

Other than that.....It seems you are correct.

People are pissed...

the future IS hopeless for young Americans.. anchor babies, immigrants, immigrants!, IMMIGRANTS! *
the immigrants are not only STEALING JOBS of the young, but are DEPRESSING WAGES via supply/demand of labor in the workforce
Invaded.. most fitting term
our Govt is ran by multi-nationals with NO loyalty to the country
the "leadership" is bought off *

* many jobs that young people took just 2 decades ago, are being done by immigrants! why should foreigners get an improving quality of life At the expense of those RIGHTFULLY ENTITLED to prosperity INHERITED through GENERATIONS of STRUGGLE. this is a LARGE reason for the disappearing middle class(and explosion in Working Poor) and the seperation between the rich and the rest.
Instead of the rich having to pay more so the rest can live good, the immigrant acts as a strike buster(SCAB), doing the job for less!
* all the leaders are under the sinking ship presumption. meaning that the ship is sinking, grab what you can before it sinks.

IF every American having a lifestyle like generations past meant that the invaders were left to starve in their home country -->GOOD let them starve! if the only way the survive is by STEALING and RUINING MY CULTURE and SOCIETY
i would GLEEFULLY enjoy knowing they starve as the alternative is OUR DESTRUCTION

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join