It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An age cap in politics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Haha are you ignorant? Soon the planet will be unhabitable for humans because of radiation. That's not changing? Because of the political system

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And you're a idiot if you think its any sort of oppression, every ssingle person in politics now is oppressing you! If they aren't oppressing they do nothing.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Haha are you ignorant?
…for suggesting your theory of planetary destruction is far fetched?? If you say so!

Soon the planet will be unhabitable for humans because of radiation.
Oh really? Then why are we worried about age caps if we’re all going to be dead soon??

Don't waste your time on ATS! Go tell everyone!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by seabag

Haha are you ignorant?

ScottProphhit
reply to post by seabag

And you're a idiot

Name calling people who disagree with you is not an effective debate tactic in the real world.

Perhaps it is you who need to mature a bit?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh okay so nothing is wrong then, this site exists because everyone is crazy then.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

It's an observation, he clearly doesn't know much about the world.( He asked the definition of black flag and he is on ATS? Is this a social media site?)
edit on th2014-04-10T11:53:03-05:0020143030-05:00Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:53:03 -05002014p11 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by Elton

It's an observation, he clearly doesn't know much about the world.( He asked the definition of black flag and he is on ATS? Is this a social media site?)
edit on th2014-04-10T11:53:03-05:0020143030-05:00Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:53:03 -05002014p11 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

Oh, so you're following me around the boards, huh?

I don't blame you for trying to learn something from an older, wiser ATS user! Carry ON!

By the way, what is a black flag?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You posted on both my topics, oh wise one.

A black flag is and I'm quoting here;

covert military or paramilitary operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by entities, groups or nations other than those who actually planned and executed them.
edit on th2014-04-10T12:02:25-05:0020143030-05:00Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:02:25 -05002014p12 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Winston Churchill became Prime Minister in 1940.
Aged 65.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

A black flag is and I'm quoting here;

covert military or paramilitary operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by entities, groups or nations other than those who actually planned and executed them.

Oh....a False Flag operation.

Gotcha!

So putting the two topics together - You think older people need to be forced out of politics so that younger, wiser people (such as yourself) can run things and prevent "black flags" (provided we all survive the radiation that the older douche bags gave us)?

I think you're on to something....

edit on 10-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I never realised Winston Churchill made such a positive impact, he done well for the war, cool, he was no Huey P or Che Guevara, or a Buddha? There are much better ways to act

Anyway, I'm probably wrong about the age thing, but I dont think people should be able to have political seats for so long if they aren't improving our lives.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

He possibly made the difference betwween being ruled by Hitler and not being ruled by Hitler.
I call that a positive impact.

It's a case of "horses for courses". From the beginning of history, the younger generation have been doing the fighting while the older generation have been doing the admin. Any primitive tribe will have a generation of young warriors and a generation of elders sitting round the council fire.
That division of labour works, because that's what the different generations are good at.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

He asked the definition of black flag and he is on ATS?

Yes, because you should have used the phrase 'false flag'.

Black Flag were an American punk band with Anarchist leanings.
Black Flag is a London based Anarchist publication.

You're on ATS and you didn't know that?

I admire your passion.
When I was your age I wanted to change the world - no, that's not strictly true, I wanted to smash the whole frigging world to bits. We were angry and we were dispossessed.
Now I'm 48 I still want to change the world and I still have a raging anger and the passion that goes with it.
But they are tempered by the realities of life - at times I can be a bit too cynical and even despondent and apathetic.
But the passion and rage still come back.

I reckon in fifteen years time you'll be a happy, nodding little dog with a nice middle-management position. Mortgaged to the hilt, bending over for the man before going home to your nice little home in the suburbs with your nice new car and your model family.

And some of us will still be fighting the fight.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Anyway, I'm probably wrong about the age thing, but I dont think people should be able to have political seats for so long if they aren't improving our lives.

I totally agree with term limits and ending the reign of career politicians. However, old age shouldn’t be a factor. If you can run a campaign and get elected at 85, more power to you. I’d take a senior citizen with no political experience over a younger career politician/lawyer any day. The age of a person doesn't tell us anything about their motivation for seeking office.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I 100% agree with age limits, although 35 is a bit low. Why? Technology. Look at the idiots in Washington now, they have no understanding at all about what modern technology can do, or what it's capable of. But yet they're allowed to make laws governing it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

some of the most innovative ideas the world has ever seen comes from the minds of people older than 35.

young folks think that they know every thing, which they don't. knowledge and wisdom come with age. i would not want someone young that has not been alive long enough to have seen and experienced enough of life to make decisions on laws that effect the well being of a entire country.

sure there have been some mature younger people, those have been the exception not the rule. just let me ask you why do you think the military wants young people, and it's not just because that they are more physically fit, it's because their minds are more easily manipulated than older peoples minds. this is a quote from my drill instructor when i was in the Corps. " you will be amazed at what a 17 year old can do, with a M16 in their hands" and how you can motivate them into doing it". that has stuck with me all my life, mainly for the fact i was 17 when i heard it. i didn't fully understand it until i was well into my thirty's. i knew what he meant by training them to fire and attack, but the fact that someone that young is more easily brain washed, or should i say fooled into a ideology. now don't misunderstand, i think every young person older than 21 should serve, that gives them a little time to grow and mature.

no one should be allowed to serve in a public office, military, or anything thing that has to do with the serving the public,in a authoritative type position until there is some sort of maturity test to see if they are ready to hold that kind of postilion, and are well past the age of 30.

it's true that young people are the future, but if they are going making a bunch of dumb a@@ laws what does good does that do. of course it would be compounded more with all of the lobbyist that are throwing money at them.
another thing, have you ever watched those worlds dumbest videos, the majority of the people in them are younger than 30. ever wonder why.
i know that i didn't become shorter than ten foot tall, and vulnerable to bullets, until i was almost 30.

Sounds pretty agist in itself right there. The old fools in political power obviously lack any and all qualities you claim the young lack. Seems more and more lately that younger folk (20-30) are much more in tune with politics and the US constitution than most older folks I meet who are set in their fox news/cbs/msnbc opinions and refuse to come up with their own ideals. Now this kid obviously has no idea what old actually is but I think 65 would be a good cap for age. The brain deteriorates in time and peoples views of the world become more and more narrow. This is not always the case but in general it is accurate. If younger folks were in office (not 18 young, but 25-40) we would see many improvements. First off the there would be more future oriented choices, more resistance to the money grubbing scumbag ptb. Also with a more adaptable and open mind you would have more innovative ways of solving political problems.

On a side note I meet plenty of folks with the IQ of a gnat and that age range is all across the spectrum. I have met wise young folk and ignorant young folk. I have also met wise old folk and ignorant old folk. So age is only part of the problem.

I say ban the rich and ban the stupid. Politicians caught lying or not living up to their word should be banned as well. That would eliminate half our problems right there.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The brain slows down learn after around mid 25, after that, every yea goes by, the brain will have trouble letting go "old" concepts.

This is good and bad.. very bad when it comes to politics.
edit on 4/10/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by DISRAELI

he was no Huey P or Che Guevara, or a Buddha?

so you think Huey P which i believe you to mean Huey P. Newton, a known murder extortionist and co founder of the violent black panther party, and Che Guevara, a marxist revolutionary that played a major role in the cuban revolution, that installed one of the most repressive governments the world has ever seen.you might want to put aside your ideologies, and talk to those have lived in during that time and read those that have have studied these individuals.

those two are some great role models and don't even come close to buddha. which in my opinion wasn't all there, and wasn't happy so he made his own religion. who also when he died it is said told his followers disciples that they should follow no leader. another great role model, just everybody do their own thing, and be enlightened. everything will work out.

so what do you believe in being a violent marxist revolutionary killer, or a love everyone enlightened unhappy fool that's starts their own religion. that tells everyone to be to do their own thing, and follow no leaders.
edit on 10-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You dont understand Buddhism, it's a philosophy not a religion! That's probably the only misunderstanding you'll probably have had. You can be Christian and follow the path of Buddha.

I can see how I've spoke ignorantly, I just dont see many other solutions being thrown around.. I also agree there shouldn't be an age gap like how I first mentioned, I just want politicians that actually care about the people and don't have their own agendas.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

You dont understand Buddhism, it's a philosophy not a religion! That's probably the only misunderstanding you'll probably have had. You can be Christian and follow the path of Buddha.

I can see how I've spoke ignorantly, I just dont see many other solutions being thrown around.. I also agree there shouldn't be an age gap like how I first mentioned, I just want politicians that actually care about the people and don't have their own agendas.

just about all you said in this post, i can agree with.
the one , well two things i can't is the buddhism thing, although true there is no deity worshiped it is still a religious practice.
and scholars are split between, it to being a religion, or a philosophy. it has both elements in it.

now as far being a Christian and being a buddhist at the same time, i don't understand how a Christian could resolve the immortal soul, verses the great nothingness that is nirvana. ie Christians believe that when the bodies dies, your soul lives on either in heaven or hell depending on if you've accepted Jesus as your savior. where as buddhist look for nirvana where there is the release of everything, suffering, desire, nor sense of self, released from karma and the cycle of death and rebirth the final goal of Buddhism.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join