It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An age cap in politics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A system like that would clean up quicker. Forced retirement at 35 for doing a good job, ofcourse that doesn't apply atm because a good job done in politics in this age is usually reserved for those speaking against the current system.

Older people would still have the same right to opinion, just conservative views won't be stuck in time clinging until beaten to death.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

ScottProphhit
A system like that would clean up quicker. Forced retirement at 35 for doing a good job, ofcourse that doesn't apply atm because a good job done in politics in this age is usually reserved for those speaking against the current system.

Older people would still have the same right to opinion, just conservative views won't be stuck in time clinging until beaten to death.

Forced retirement is against many human rights laws, such as the right to earn a living

Good thing you are not in a position of power.

The real fix is to fix the voting system, also allow ANYBODY to run, wait, why don't YOU run for political power and do something about it then instead?

edit on 10-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by strawburry

Well I don't think political roles should be regarded that way!

Scotland is going independent so I will be. I'm 19 though I wanted to make music before I got involved in that sort of thing! (I mean, I'm supposed to be having fun in life, not having to think of action because I was born in a time where civilization will end during my life if it stays the same)
edit on th2014-04-10T09:57:35-05:0020143030-05:00Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:57:35 -05002014p09 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

Well I don't think political roles should be regarded that way!

Scotland is going independent so I will be. I'm 19 though I wanted to make music before I got involved in that sort of thing!

What has scotland "going" (It's not even decided yet) independent got to do with it and in fact what has music got to do with it.

You should be not allowed into any position of responsibility with views like forced retirement, aka agism and breaching human rights laws.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Because I'm Scottish and will be Scotland's leader, as no one else with the understanding would act out on it, and music has got to do with it because I'm saying I want to make music haha?

Regardless it's not ageism, conservative views are destroying process. The whole system needs to be scrapped and redone modernly.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

Because I'm Scottish and will be Scotland's leader, as no one else with the understanding would act out on it, and music has got to do with it because I'm saying I want to make music haha?

Regardless it's not ageism, conservative views are destroying process. The whole system needs to be scrapped and redone modernly.

Forced firing of people based on their age is not agism? You are a bloody loonatic. You will be a Leader of Scotland? You are right up there with that other moron leading Scotland, oh wait.. good point.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It's not firing because it shouldn't be a job. It should be voluntary unpaid work(in a idealistic world not even that, a part time 'joy')
edit on th2014-04-10T10:05:27-05:0020143030-05:00Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:05:27 -05002014p10 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

It's not firing because it shouldn't be a job. It should be voluntary unpaid work.

Good luck; Scotland won't be welcome in the EU anytime soon with those views. Spain will vote against you, Italy will vote against you, as will Turkey (they've been waiting a hell of a lot longer than you to join).

Personaly, with people like you or the idiots up there, I don't want em in the EU or the UK at all.

Best start digging those trenches, and burning those bridges, be sure to tear up your British passport and tell them that you wish to renounce your Citizenship. Go all the way like a man (which I am very sure a lot of Scotish people will hold onto their British passports with grim death, you included). Be sure to fill in the Visa and Residence permit forms when you apply to work in the UK. Also, be prepared for mass deportations of Scotish economic immigrants without Visas / Residence permits. Be prepared for EU Tarrifs on exporting and importing to the EU (and thus the rest of the UK and Northern Ireland and Ireland). Got enough Gold to back up your new currency? Or will it not be backed by gold at all? or Silver? Be sure to pay your debts off to London before you leave. EU cCompanys in the EU by LAW cannot stay in Scotland, as it will no longer be an EU member address.

I cannot wait to see the loonatics get a wake up call from reality.

edit on 10-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Humanity before nationality will be a policy of mine. And also, I'll be saying to the E.U, "you can be part of us, reform like us, or watch civil unrest with jealousy of our Scotland's cultural rebirth and revolution"
edit on th2014-04-10T10:08:56-05:0020143030-05:00Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:08:56 -05002014p10 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you put people younger than 35 in politics, there would be no conservative or republicans.

If you look at the average college, it will tell you how politics would be...

There will be few conservatives but they can't deny their young liberal mindset, on the other hand, if politics is run by people over 50, it will definitely will be right leaning.

edit on 4/10/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   
Why should age have anything to do with it at all? Look at Ron Paul he was in his 70's and fought against the system. There should be term limits on politicians two terms and you are out.

link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

It would be foolish to be liberal when everything is going repeatedly right ... just like it would be foolish to be conservative when things are going repeatedly wrong.

There is no age cap to being an Anarchist!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It was unfair for him to have to, your later life should be kept for pure enjoyment! And then the young will have the future they should have, the best one imaginable.

Do you think I'm going to let greed destroy the planet? Nahh I'll die trying to let this civilization live.

Maybe two terms only would be better, with a chance to appeal for more!

And also to the other guy, the world ain't ready for anarchy yet they have to be taught how to do it! Maybe the generation after our successes.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

I don't agree with age limits, and if I did it would certainly be higher than 35.. if we ever instituted something like that it should at least line up with the legal age of retirement for the country..

I would rather see a reduction in the term limits.. make congress and the senate have the same term limit as the president, right now congress and senate both get unlimited 6 year terms.. instead make it 2 4 year terms.. that way we're not stuck with the same people for years on end..

Heck I'd even be happy with unlimited 1 year terms .. that way our senators and congressmen would know that they could lose their job any given year if they don't perform to the public's expectations.

edit on 4/10/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

ScottProphhit

An interesting system might be to have term limits, not unlimited like it is now for congress and senate.. but after your term is up you can run for re-election with a handicap.. perhaps you lose 10-20% of whatever votes you get right off the top.. This way you would have to win by a very high margin which makes it obvious the people want to keep you in office ( unless they rig the votes )

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by buster2010

It was unfair for him to have to, your later life should be kept for pure enjoyment! And then the young will have the future they should have, the best one imaginable.

Do you think I'm going to let greed destroy the planet? Nahh I'll die trying to let this civilization live.

And also to the other guy, the world ain't ready for anarchy yet they have to be taught how to do it! Maybe the generation after our successes.

Have you taken a good look at the younger generation of today? A vast majority of them are total idiots. Thanks to the schools, music and media they can't grasp what it would take to run the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

some of the most innovative ideas the world has ever seen comes from the minds of people older than 35.

although opinions vary, more research shows that the human brain is not mature until their mid 20's some even say 30's or 40's like the article below. which is a bit dated comes from 2010.

The research could explain why adults sometimes act like teenagers, sulking or having tantrums if they do not get their own way, and why some people remain socially uncomfortable until they are well out of their teens.
Brain is not fully mature until 30s and 40s

young folks think that they know every thing, which they don't. knowledge and wisdom come with age. i would not want someone young that has not been alive long enough to have seen and experienced enough of life to make decisions on laws that effect the well being of a entire country.

sure there have been some mature younger people, those have been the exception not the rule. just let me ask you why do you think the military wants young people, and it's not just because that they are more physically fit, it's because their minds are more easily manipulated than older peoples minds. this is a quote from my drill instructor when i was in the Corps. " you will be amazed at what a 17 year old can do, with a M16 in their hands" and how you can motivate them into doing it". that has stuck with me all my life, mainly for the fact i was 17 when i heard it. i didn't fully understand it until i was well into my thirty's. i knew what he meant by training them to fire and attack, but the fact that someone that young is more easily brain washed, or should i say fooled into a ideology. now don't misunderstand, i think every young person older than 21 should serve, that gives them a little time to grow and mature.

no one should be allowed to serve in a public office, military, or anything thing that has to do with the serving the public,in a authoritative type position until there is some sort of maturity test to see if they are ready to hold that kind of postilion, and are well past the age of 30.

it's true that young people are the future, but if they are going making a bunch of dumb a@@ laws what does good does that do. of course it would be compounded more with all of the lobbyist that are throwing money at them.
another thing, have you ever watched those worlds dumbest videos, the majority of the people in them are younger than 30. ever wonder why.
i know that i didn't become shorter than ten foot tall, and vulnerable to bullets, until i was almost 30.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I think you nailed it right there. Besides OP is young and not in the USA so I think he can worry about his own country and their political system before he tries to start a revolution here....

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Retire at 35? Most people don't even get into politics until after that.

I'd lean more toward term limits that gets whoever at whatever age out of there before the tentacles of corruption can get a firm grasp.

I don't know where the paradigm that holding political office is a career even came from. Yet everyone seems to accept it as if this is a good thing.
edit on 4/10/2014 by ~Lucidity because: left a word out

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I'm 19 though….

Uh huh!

…I wanted to make music before I got involved in that sort of thing! (I mean, I'm supposed to be having fun in life, not having to think of action because I was born in a time where civilization will end during my life if it stays the same).

What do you think the odds are that civilization was plugging along just fine for thousands of years, then all of a sudden YOU come along and the world is going to end? Doesn’t that sound a bit far-fetched?

Maybe you could learn something from these older citizens you’re looking to suppress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join