Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Newt Gingrich is an Idiot!

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Family values advocate and serial adulterer, Newt Gingrich went on ABC's This Week last Sunday to spout his usual ideological nonsense.

While campaigning in 2012 he had the backing of Sheldon Adelson, who made it rain for Gingrich and stuffed quite a few Benjamin's in his G-String. Obviously reeling after not being invited to the Adelson Primary this year he is looking for new donors. And as a man with as many ex wives as Gingrich, he would like them to give unlimited funds because that's a lot of alimony.

In his usual tone that will either put you to sleep or make your ears bleed, he declared...

“candidates should be allowed to take unlimited amounts of money from anybody, and you would overnight equalize the middle class and the rich.”

Because we all know the average member of the Middle Class can donate the same amount as The Koch's, Soros or even the Don of Vegas himself, Adelson.

Newt Gingrich: Eliminating Campaign Finance Laws Will ‘Equalize The Middle Class And The Rich’

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

On one hand, massive political contributions liberates billionaires of some their cash and adds it to the economy. One the other hand, they've created a redundant, circular path that guarantees the cash return, like a boomerang back home to its rightful owner, and then some.

The rich get richer, isn't that in the Bible or something? Yep!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

And this man wanted to be President. He's a corrupt, venal, scumbag. Oh wait, he's Newt Gingrich.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

. . . . And this presidential campaign was brought to you by Slim Jims (TM) "Snap into an election today!"

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
poor idiots...
associated with newt gingrich
if it was me Id sue for defamation of character

re president?
they only ran newt as a self destructing place holder to help keep real candidates out of the running

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Newt must be an idiot to not be able to get money from Adelson. All Newt would have to do is do the same thing Romney did say you are willing to use military force against Iran. Romney did it and he got something like 30 million from him if he would have said he would use nukes he could have gotten a 100 million.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
One thing that is for certain is the fact that the Newt is no idiot. As a matter of fact, most politicians and lobbyist have proven time and time again their intellectually superiority to the masses.

Dummies can't make individual republicans think that bailing out private companies with public money as the right thing todo as a republican. Yet Good Ol Bush , the GOP , and the Republican Media did it.

Dummies can't make individual democrats believe that "Change" is getting rid of the lobbying influences then having Obama hire and consult with lobbyist from day one of his term. Yet the Messiah did.

So no, Politicians aren't idiots, the masses appear to blossom with that distinction. Ethical, that is another thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I agree with your take on this but I think there's something else that should be asked and that is: what happens to all of this extra money that would come into campaigns but not be spent? All Gingrich is really arguing for here is the unlimited and public bribing of every current and potential elected office holder in the nation, at least at the federal level.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What kind of hold can a piece of crap like Gingrich have on the votes of his constituency...........
This is a good indication that the elections should go back to real paper ballots that can be physically counted .........

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I disagree with the title of this thread. He is very well educated, read, and versed in several topics. Following are some examples:

First, he earned the following degrees in higher education...

M.A. in 1968 and a Ph.D. in modern European history from Tulane University in 1971
link

He has written and co-authored several books...

Gingrich has authored or co-authored 18 non-fiction books since 1982.
link

He has been named Man of the year...

December 1995 Newt is named Time Magazine's 1995 "Man of the Year."
link

Newt Gingrich has delivered more policy statements, campaign speeches, press appearances, course teachings, newspaper op-eds, and books (24 at last count), than any opponents which were seeking the Republican presidential nomination in the 2012 race.
link

I could add more, but I think this gets the point across. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe or support all of the things he has done in his career, but he isn't an idiot.

top topics

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution