It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Wrong With CNN? (Regarding the Plane)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

Plain and simple, it's for ratings/viewers. It's working because most of you, heck even me sometimes, is on their website or channel watching and reading this. They put "Flight 370" in a headline and they get thousands of views in minutes.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

Im with you...I feel bad...but no matter how you look at it...it is a plane crash....over a HUGE body of deep deep water.

They, their families, their government(s) knew they were being strapped in and propelled thru the sky with flammable, explosive fuel, over deep mostly unrecoverable ocean....and it wasnt thought of or considered when they all kissed their family's goodbye?

It happens. Planes crash. They explode. They get hijacked. They disappear. They sink. People die in crashes. Some are never found. Some causes are never known. Some can never even be determined.

MILLIONS of starving people worldwide...and MILLIONS spent flying around looking down at water...blue-blue green water...for a plane...a crashed, sunk and apparently gone plane.

I hope they do find it....but the story is WAY WAY much for this subject. Do you know how many planes have crashed in just the last 50 years?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I tend to agree with George Carlin

I have no sympathy for life in those situations and sometimes like Carlin says "wish for more! Bigger more devastating the better!"

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I tend to agree with George Carlin as well.

but I think it's little bit different than natural disaster.

I mean, it could be, if the weather was decisive factor in the crash but I doubt it.

nevertheless, Carlin is great.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
TPTB are playing high stakes poker right know and the dinosaur media are doing what they are told even they don't know what's going down...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

coastlinekid
TPTB are playing high stakes poker right now and the dinosaur media are doing what they are told even they don't know what's going down...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Agreed. But part of it is to throw so much misinformation at people you can't see the truth of it..the second part is to get people so bored of it, they are not interested in what the outcome is. Quite clever really.

reply to post by coastlinekid

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

vivid1975
Agreed. But part of it is to throw so much misinformation at people you can't see the truth of it..the second part is to get people so bored of it, they are not interested in what the outcome is. Quite clever really.

reply to post by coastlinekid

could easily be the reason why so many stories and conflicting theories have been published by CNN and other media about Malaysian plane.
if there is/was some kind of conspiracy going on, who will be able to say what is the truth and what is fiction.

same happened after 9/11 - now nobody knows nothing for sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think the core question here is whether the people are led by the media or is the media driven by the people.

Personally, I believe that it's the latter.
The media gives us what we want to hear. If there was no interest in the story, ratings would drop, income would dry up and stories would move on to something else. Simple supply and demand.
I don't watch CNN here in the UK, but it seems like they've decided to make the plane story their "thing" and it would appear that there are enough people still tuning in for it to be working for them.

As to why it's interesting to so many people, well maybe the 'mystery' aspect is part of it but this story also challenges our perception of the world we live in. How many times have I heard people say "How is it possible to just LOSE a plane in this day and age"?
Psychologically it's almost easier to buy into theories where the pilots or terrorists took deliberate action to disable communications and avoid any sort of tracking than it is to acknowledge that perhaps we're not as in control as we believed and that the technology to keep us safe and protected isn't without its limits.

I honestly don't know what I think happened to that plane, but I just hope that answers are found even if it's just so that the families affected can get some closure.
edit on th000000102140 by Suzy0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
like it or not - from the heart video about the plane:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I imagine CNN got better ratings when it started covering the story, and it desperately wants to keep those viewers. Just like HLN showing that Nancy Grace witch; someone must be watching it.

What I would really like to know is when did Richard Quest become an aviation expert?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm still curious about Richard Quest from CNN being in the cockpit just a few weeks before it went missing.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I'm still curious about Richard Quest from CNN being in the cockpit just a few weeks before it went missing.

I am not familiar with Richard Quest so I cannot say.

the truth is that the truth will never be known about this plane...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
It's one of the greatest mysteries in decades. Almost 300 people and a plane vanished off the face of the Earth.
Seems like big news.

I agree. And up to now, it remained a mystery in spite of the search and rescue technology that we have today.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join