It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Always come out

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

No dear. A lot of insurance companies won't insure a smoker.
They don't have to. So a 16 year d won't ever grow up ? They can't become a responsible driver? Of course they can. Also not every insurance company will turn down a risky driver but that driver like the smoker will pay a higher premium. They can turn you down for insurance if you have bad credit. Nothing to do with habits like speeding or smoking . Please stop with this silly argument. It's the insurance companies choice if they want to cover you or not. If your a risk but they still decide to take you on you will pay more for your coverage than someone less risky.
Insurance rates go down when a driver turns 25. Does that mean they think older people won't get into accidents? No they think it's less likely you'll make the mistakes of a new driver or a teenager.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

There was a change in the 70s, Tobacco companies used to give donations to government and government used to promote Tobacco giving it to the troops etc.

Then GREED, they crooks in Government saw there was loads of cash to be made from a population hooked on drugs, in the 70s I used to pay 24p or 20 cigs.

But Governments are more ruthless than Tobacco barons could ever be, they will invade countries to protect the crops of illegal drugs.

Let me take you back not so long ago it might spark a memory.

When Tony Blair was in power he had and argument when wine producers only gave half the donation that they normally gave, and within 3 weeks we had 3 different news announcements.

More than 2 glasses Red Wine is bad for you cancer .
Next
Red Wine reduces cancer.

After the news release they paid the normal amount.

Then the white wine companies, we went drinking white wine could cause you child to be deformed or something similar,

Then 2 weeks later, ( and I thought this was disgusting as any drink for pregnant woman is dangerous.

Pregnant woman who drink wine during pregnancy will have more outgoing children.

Do a search, red wine bad for you, red wine good for you, drink bad for pregnant woman
drink good for pregnant woman.
each of these were released to keep the drinks company in place

We can claim anything and the sheep will believe us even it we tell them something different to what we told them last week.
Google it you will be surprised with the results.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Im insured and I smoke, I know 19 year old who cant get insurance, name one Insurance company that won't insure a smoker

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

pavmas

But a smoker who is GUARANTEED to die BECAUSE SMOKING KILLS gets insured.
Can no one see this.

What do you mean "GUARANTEED TO DIE"? I'm cool with claiming that smoking is not a good thing and increases your risk for disease, but using tactics like you just have: GUARANTEED is what gives the whole thing a bad name.

In a 2006 European study, the risk of developing lung cancer was:

•0.2% for men who never smoked (0.4% for women)
•5.5% for male former smokers (2.6% in women)
•15.9% for current male smokers (9.5% for women)

15.9% DOES NOT EQUAL "GUARNTEED TO DIE" does it? For women it is less than 10%. is that "GUARNTEED TO DIE"?

When you claim stuff like that the nicest way to put it is that you are "engaging in hyperbole." The plain truth way to say it is that you are a liar.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Just one thats all just one

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I can make any study say anything i want and they do, European are famous for figures and make them say anything they want.

Listen not interested who believes me about smoking or not.

Lets concentrate on E_ Cigs, watch the studies that come out with this watch the false claims all to raise revenue.

You see in 30 years time there will be someone on here will claim that the bias on e-cigs is all false and was done to raise tax and people will call them stupid.
As we all know vapour causes cancer or earthquakes, so im not interested.

WE are talking Vapours and I want you to watch the idiot people in Government claim that water vapours are dangerous in a bid to tax them the same as tobacco.

They have already banned them in places and raised the tax.

So forget the smoking you are all far to gone for me to bring back on that subject.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well done, I enjoyed a smoke after dinner but now vape but dont need a smoke now, i only stopped because of their greed, the think is organic tobacco had the same tax as normal tobacco with all the chemicals in it, that proves it was all about money.

Non smokers support the high taxes as they pay less, in fact if smoking kills then I want it banned, I bet there are more smokers than non smokers want it banned, as a £13 billion hole has to be filled.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

we are all different...I know one life long smoker who quit and had no problem at all....I have a long time friend who has smoked her whole life and can 't quit..tried many times, even did the hypnosis, worked for 4 months, started up again.

she has good lungs and doesn't cough (I cough when there is too much smoke in the sir).....I have always been a non smoker, tried it as a teen and thought it was gross and just the thought that I was inhaling smoke into my lungs could not be a good thing!

I had many bouts of bronchitis as a younger adult...every time I saw a dr, they told me I needed to stop smoking!!!!! haven't had it in many years...I also have a history of asthma...mold is a big trigger for me....my smoking friend no asthma, no bronchitis,

my husband (non smoker) died of cancer over a year ago, not lung....they said it was because his parents smoked....did't most parents smoke in the 50's, look at the old ads from back then..oh my god...does that mean that all of us of a certain age are going to get cancer because our parents smoked?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hey you give the study you quote for me to check before you call me a Liar.

Do you know who made the first link with smoking and cancer, do you know what he said years later.

It was all lies, well meaning lies but lies all the same.

Just like global warming, the one that get the grants will come up with any figures the power makers say.

Smoking tax is big business.

So don't you dare call me a liar when i know that everyone of the studies is rigged to give the results that the people paying for the study want.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

We are all different, of course smoking harms some people, but some people touch soap and come out in a rash. my son goes into a coma if he comes in contact with nuts.
if they really cared about kids health, they would not allow kids to be brought up in mouldy properties, you are quite right that is the cause of kids chest problems.

Get you friend to try E cigs they do work

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

You see this is the con, TIME, the longer you do it the chances it will get you in the end, it may take 30 years but you will still die.

So which is it? You say…

in my family anyone that smoked lived to be 97…

Thats a smokers excuse. "I know someone that smoked for 97 years and they never died." You aren't them. But you seize on some bit of rare statistic as the excuse for you. Just so you know, I did the same thing. 'It'll be alright, this guy did it.'

I can say to a kid eat porridge for your breakfast and it will kill you, maybe not now but eventually it will if it takes 30 years.

You can choke on porridge in five minutes. Don't be ridiculous. Deaths from choking on porridge are far less than choking on smoke.

As we get older we all get ill as you reach 40 to 50 you get al sorts.

Nowadays, yes… considering all the other toxins in the environment. Did you know if you live to 40 you are 1 in 100,000? Why add to the mix?

Remember smoking is a slow form of suicide. People who smoke don't care about themselves or others. Puff-Puff, peeeyouuu…

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Oh yeah,
thought you would be interested to know that 2009-2010 in the USA he did one of your so called studies to show lung cancer in smoker, out of the 10,000 most were non smokers who had never been near tobacco and they had to bury the study.

But if it had by chance been more smokers had cancer they would have had it all over the news.

you see thats how studies work, only the ones that meet the agenda make the news.

A 25 years study the longest ever in Sweden proved beyond a doubt that smoking prevents alzheimer's.

You know the British government banned the reporting of it, and now Cancer Research Uk claim that smoking causes alzheimer's.

They lie and twist everything, so before you call me a liar make sure you can back up your study and know that its true.
For ball I know it could be genuine thats why it made the news , the USA one was genuine thats why they buried it.

It depends on who you study.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

something that may kill you in 40 years taxed the way it is, is for raising revenue only, explain the need for taxing e-gigs

Some people die early some dont but saying something will kill you in 40 years and charging you crazy amounts of tax is criminal.

Half of us wont be here in 40 years whether we smoke or not..

Why wont you just admit that Governments are morally bankrupt that they raise money from peoples addiction, and when people try to stop they want the same tax on the thing they use to give up, this is no concern for the person its a revenue raiser and if you cant see that then you are either a government minister or a non smoker who is happy that smokers pick up your share of taxation jut because they are unlucky to be addicted.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

pavmas
reply to post by research100

We are all different, of course smoking harms some people, but some people touch soap and come out in a rash. my son goes into a coma if he comes in contact with nuts.
if they really cared about kids health, they would not allow kids to be brought up in mouldy properties, you are quite right that is the cause of kids chest problems.

Get you friend to try E cigs they do work

her and her hubby never smoke in my house...they did try the electronic one but didn't like it that much,, she has one in her purse she uses at my house if it is too cold to smoke on the porch.... I told her they are making improvement so try once in a while.....she moved far away so I don't see her too often, but we try to make sure the smoke doesn't come at me and she doesn't mind if I say something...she will smoke in the other room at her computer desk.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I smoked for 44 years. I have emphysema. I know where it came from. It will kill me before my time. I am a rare case. Only 1 in 10 quitters stays "quit".

Good luck with those 44 years. Are you a prophet? More likely it will kill you before your time too. I can guarantee you a miserable life of hacking in the mornings, respiratory illness in the winter times, smelly disposition and (eventually), a wretched death from lack of oxygen.

Death and taxes are sure thing by the way. I have paid my share.

You hear that? Smoking killed me.

Now go on about your justification. It will work for you right up until the day you are diagnosed. There is no going back on that. You can quit smoking then… when its too late.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Im sorry to hear that mate, smoking may be 100% to blame for your condition Im not disputing that, but some people have the same illness through normal house cleaners.

There are a lot of dangerous things in the world, but smoking is addictive but no more dangerous than houshold cleaners breathed in or the mould in kids bedroom.

But they tax the thing that your addicted to, not on health reason but because the users keep coming back.

It is nasty and lacks morals that Government she be so low as to make money from someones drug habit.

I will hold my hand up here and say, if its that dangerous BAN IT NOW, Completley not supply it at a high price.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I want to add.that in the seventies i worked with asbestos and the stuff was in my nostrils and throat, we went to the pub for a pint and when I lit up I coughed this white crap up.

My brother never smoked, it killed him at 50, Im 54. did the smoke make me cough the crap up but not my brother.

I dont know, my other brother worked in a cancer ward, he got cancer at 48 and died at 50, he reckons he caught it, his work mate died a year later of the exact same cancer.

. I just dont agree with charging crazy prices £7 or 20 cigs because you cant give it up because you are addicted, its nasty.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Im sorry to hear that mate, smoking may be 100% to blame for your condition Im not disputing that, but some people have the same illness through normal house cleaners.

People smoke bathroom cleaner? Big difference between deaths from "cleaner" and cigarettes. The lungs tell the tale. The closest you can come is black lung from coal mining.

The lungs turn black. The air sacs become clogged and you can't breathe. After I quit, I looked back at my life and wondered how I could be so stupid as to breathe smoke as a habit.

I started because back when I was a kid it was "cool". How about you?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Im reminded of the guy trying to quit using the patches. Asked how he's doing, he replied "Great! Im down to 5 patches a day! If you smoke a few cigs with them, I REALLY get buzzed".

Point? Neither is good. Smoke, vapor, fumes, exhaust, residue....

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

This is an outright LIE and a very big one. Smoker's lungs do NOT turn black with tar. Almost 50 % of lung transplants are from smokers. Do you really believe that they can take a lung dripping with tar and transplant it? And guess what - you are more likely to survive the first year after a transplant, if you are lucky enough to receive the donated lungs from a smoker!!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Name one disease the smoker's get that non-smoker's don't get. Just one.

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join