It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Central Problem of Humanity: Who Cares?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Apathy is the glue that is keeping this messed up world from healing. I've spent the last 20 years trying to help wake people up to the facts and realities of modern life, and 99% of the people don't care. Care is a word casually thrown around, but I think there are deeper places to explore with this word, and the implications are central to the cure for our ailing society.

People don't care about innocent victims of drone strikes. People don't care about the homeless. People don't care about the lives of prisoners. People don't really care about the fate of our environment. People don't care about the massive intrusion into our privacy. People don't care about the growing police state. People don't care about the loss of freedom. I know I'm making generalizations, but these generalizations accurately portray the great majority of our society, at least the society I know in the USA.

Love is a very cliche word that is thrown around when it comes to healing the world. "All you need is love." "What the world needs now, is love, sweet love." I would say that a better way of saying it is that we need to care. The word love gets confusing for people. It is overused. It has lost some meaning. When I see a homeless person, I don't feel "love" for that person. But I care about him, I don't want him to starve in the street. When I see a bombed out wedding in Yemen from a drone strike, I don't feel love for those people, but I care greatly for their well-being.

It all starts with the fact that people don't care about themselves. We are all told we are not good enough in one way or another, and those with oppressive religious upbringings have that beat into them. So we eat the poison GMO food that is ripping holes in our guts, we consume fluoride that is a deadly poison, we consume aspartame that is a neurotoxin, we consume alcohol which is a poison, many still smoke cigarettes which are suicide sticks. When I tell these people about the dangers in these products, they don't care (for the most part).

How can we care about the homeless and care about the victims of our wars when we don't even care for ourselves?

Now think to the stories of Bohemian Grove. ATS - Cremation of Care At the Cremation of Care ceremony, leaders of government and business perform a mock sacrifice of a child in front of a giant statue of an owl. How can our leaders make decisions that directly harm their own citizens? They don't care. They have intentionally removed care from the equations. Why do these corporations pollute so badly? They don't care. Why do they poison us? They don't care.

Apathy, or not caring, is the glue that is binding this whole messed up society we live in. The truth is slow to spread because people don't care about themselves, and they can't really care about others until they care about themselves first. We should care that Fukushima is ruining our environment. That's because I care about myself, I care about my family, and I care about every other living thing in this world.

This is a community, a joint effort, and we all need to care for each other, and that means we need to learn to care about ourselves. To love ourselves. Not in an egotistic way. In a way that means, "I'm not going to poison myself any longer." "I'm not going to stand idly by and be the victim of abuse." "I am not going to work in a job that causes myself suffering." That leads to being able to care for others. "I'm telling you about GMO food because I care about you." "I care about your kids, and I don't want to see them suffer."

Once we start to nuture care again in our own lives and the lives of others around us, then we can take the next step of repairing some of the damage that has been done to us, by us. We need to reverse the "cremation of care", and replace it with the cultivation of care.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

The reason for that is simple, when you watch television your mind starts to work lazily.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I think the problem is that people care too much.
Too much about themselves, that is!

Everyone has been conditioned to want the most expensive purse, fastest car or have the home with the fanciest facade. And in trying to achieve these goals everything else gets thrown to the wind. Men want these things usually to attract women, women want these things, well that's another issue.
If people would just stop trying to impress and get back to basics they would find out what really matters.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I agree that people's focus is on material things, because of their conditioning. These are desires of the mind, not the care of the heart. Everyone is a celebrity with their own reality show on the net. They "care" about their self image, but it is fed from a sense of not being good enough, and needing verification from the outside world that you are accepted. We need to accept ourselves for who we are, and start caring about things that actually have consequence in the real world.

link   
I had a conversation with 14 year old last night. It was much along the same
lines as your post. She was depressed because of the mean way many kids treat
the teachers and other pupils who won't defend themselves.

The problem, as I explained it to her, is that you can't teach someone to care.
You can only lead by example--and it is a lonely post if you find yourself
surrounded by mean, self-centered, people who care only for themselves...

link   
No one cares because government cares FOR you.

Government teaches your children, not you.
Government tells you what to eat, not you.
Government tells you what to watch, not you.
Government tells you;
what is safe to drive
what is safe to eat
what is safe to drink
how to spend your money
when to spend your money
what to smoke
where to smoke
how to live
where to live

Government has taken personal responsibility out of the equation. Personal responsibility is now a slur, a curse word for those that demand that government intervene into our lives.

Once we begin to rely on ourselves again, then caring will re-enter the lexicon, because people won't be defaulting to government for assistance.

Why help a neighbor or an elderly relative? Government does that.
Why help the homeless? Government does that.
Why help the sick or disabled? Government does that.

Return to independence. Return to self-reliance.

Then you will see caring return.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, Beezzer, I agree completely. Government has made itself the surrogate in place of community. This whole issue really is at the core of the problem. We don't care, and we've been conditioned by government and society to let them take it's place. It's a bastardization of our responsibilities. We need to stand on our own and do things ourselves, because government is not using care whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
all the things you wrote down...

you should not worry as well.

too much bad news, worrying about real or fictitious conspiracies and so on can only make you focus on the bad things outside of your while you should focus on good things inside you.

you cannot change the world, but you can change yourself.

by doing that you will change the world.

other people can only tear the blindfold by themselves - somebody before me mentioned: "lead by example."

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I really should have mentioned how we care for our elderly in there. Here we've taken the wisest, most experienced people in our culture, and relegated them to 3rd class status. We need to care for our elderly much better. And to think, their "retirement funds" are often tied to the stock market, so that their ability to survive depends on the success of many uncaring corporations. It's a big tangled web.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think the majority of people do care! But, most people feel absolutely powerless to change anything.
People need to realize just how much power there is in 'thought' and 'intention'. You can't see thoughts, but you can certainly feel them and manifest them!
Those in power are motivated by greed, and it is in their best interest to make sure people focus on trivial things and struggling to survive. That sets up an energy field that is their 'power source'.
If humanity would put as much energy into positive thought as they do the negative, our entire existence would manifest a drastic change.
Right now, the world runs on negative energy. Imagine the changes that would manifest if humanity changed that energy to positive!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Yup, other people hit it on the head with materialism too. If we were working together, we could achieve things that isn't just a way to compare yourself to another

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

First, determine what you want other people to write on your grave marker.
Second, work backward from there.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No one I know thinks like that. Damn. What wasteland of humanity do you live in? Or is that satire?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No one cares? Who cares. Worrying about it, one becomes apathetic. What's probably best is to leave them be. They are simply unable to be of any use.

Apathy is the sound of a bird loving his cage. Simply showing him the cage will only make him happier; and we cannot lead him out of the cage because he won't leave. It has to be destroyed, not by violence or by herd uprising, but as it always has, by one or two creative individuals.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I often wonder how we can care about our planet and other species on this plant when we can't even care about our own species. People need to be shown love before they can give love.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

calstorm
I often wonder how we can care about our planet and other species on this plant when we can't even care about our own species. People need to be shown love before they can give love.

I agree. It is important to take care of yourself, and then show love to others, as it is contagious. If we treated everyone we met as if we cared greatly about them, we could transform this world.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think people got too much going on in their own lives to take on more anxiety. Some people can't even go out for a drive without feeling like they're going to die. There's a lot to worry about. Some people can carry more than others, but everybody has their limit. This is my opinion, of course.

This is why we name people who go the extra mile as heroes. They stand out. They're the strongest of us and represent the things we admire most.

For the record, I don't think humanity is doomed.
edit on 10-4-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

nugget1
I think the majority of people do care! But, most people feel absolutely powerless to change anything.
People need to realize just how much power there is in 'thought' and 'intention'. You can't see thoughts, but you can certainly feel them and manifest them!
Those in power are motivated by greed, and it is in their best interest to make sure people focus on trivial things and struggling to survive. That sets up an energy field that is their 'power source'.
If humanity would put as much energy into positive thought as they do the negative, our entire existence would manifest a drastic change.
Right now, the world runs on negative energy. Imagine the changes that would manifest if humanity changed that energy to positive!

I think the majority of people do care - about their self-image. About what others think of them. They care about fitting in. Being accepted.

We need to inspire people to care about what really matters. Not caring can be used to erase having to do anything about any number of horrible crimes against humanity. It is the magic wand that makes problems go away for people.

Caring about others is exactly how we put energy into positive thought. It is the seed from which the action springs forth. I really think it is the biggest single problem with our society. If we could fix it - that is, inspire people to care about real things, it would set forth the action needed to fix all the other problems. We have the ability to solve these issues - we don't have the collective will. I believe we can do better. I have to have hope - I have young kids, and I'm going to fight for their right to have a good world to live in.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Have you heard the phrase "He who cares less, wins" ?

It's so sad, but so true. People don't care because it hurts.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

beezzer
No one cares because government cares FOR you.

Government teaches your children, not you.
Government tells you what to eat, not you.
Government tells you what to watch, not you.
Government tells you;
what is safe to drive
what is safe to eat
what is safe to drink
how to spend your money
when to spend your money
what to smoke
where to smoke
how to live
where to live

Government has taken personal responsibility out of the equation. Personal responsibility is now a slur, a curse word for those that demand that government intervene into our lives.

You mean people such as yourself right?

I'm sorry I have to bring this up again Beez, but it really gets under my skin when I hear someone who's retired from the U.S. military moan and groan about the government.

You actually signed up and spent a whole career being told what to eat, what to wear, how long to keep your hair, where you are going to live, what job you are going to do, etc, etc.

I'll take your message of personal responsibility seriously when you start putting a RETURN TO SENDER label on those retirement checks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join