It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live forever without children or live a normal life with children?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Snarl
Self-edited into oblivion before I get Godsmacked by a moderator on the prowl.

edit on 1042014 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

Understood... Still miss that ol Jibbyjedi.

Until then, I'll have to deal with the snarl of others

edit on 10-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Sure - but it's still the affluent who tend to choose to live their lives without children.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A couple pages in, I am taking the time to go ahead and repost my position
Sterilization until 25
Permits to procreate
The intelligent of our society seem to wait to have children. wonder why

are we animals or are we MEN

X

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
Sterilization until 25
Permits to procreate

X

If I was a ruthless dictator, that is how I would do things. I would only allow the controllable population to reproduce.

I'm not, I am female. You are completely forgetting about fertility. We have way to many intelligent people, waiting way too long. Fertility problems can arise as early as 25, sperm and egg quality starts to decline, and the older you get the greater the risk for genetic problems, and other complications.

Not to mention, my previous response to you. Successful reversals in females are rare.

The majority of people having unwanted children are misinformed about birth control options, they don't want a child but they don't know how to prevent it. Even if they have access to birth control and know that it needs to be used, they don't know how to use it properly.

I have met people who didn't know that condoms could break and were shocked when a baby was the result of it, I know that most girls don't even know how to take birth control pills, (same time every day) or that if you miss pills you are un- protected. If we really want to do something, we have to make a bigger push for proper education. Sex education in schools is atrocious.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
sign me up for 500 years, I'm not greedy, I don't need 1000.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
Sterilization until 25
Permits to procreate

X

Permit to procreate......exactly what happened in China and there you have poor people having babies and killing them secretly to avoid going to jail. I think governments already dictate us enough on how to live our lives, I don't think we need a permit to procreate also......but you may have just had a vision of the future there.

I understand what you say about age, as I did not want children young and I had my first when I was 30.........but 'accidents' happen and sometimes you may use the best contraception and you still get pregnant...even condoms are only 98% effective.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

crazyewok
With the huge strides lately in gene therapy and reverse aging techniques we may be faced with a dilemma.

Population.

Of course even now we are over populated.

But if the methods become available to extent the human life span a hundred or even thousand years? Then what?

Until we find a method to spread into the solar system how can he keep up the current birth rates AND increase life expectancy.

So we may have to face a choice. Forced sterilization in exchange for living many times past the 70 or 80 years we normally would or scrapping the current research and banning further developments in life extension.

We cant have both as it just unsustainable pure and simple.

So what would you all prefer?

I will volunteer if extended lifespan makes it mandatory to take the next solar sail out to where no one has gone before, leaving all options open for those who choose to take the leap into the biggest adventure of a super sized lifetime.

Problem solved.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join