It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens made Pumapunku? (CampKill)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Please tell me more about how these societies changed and forgot where they hid all their "specialized tools and knowledge". You guys are just making things up acting like your speculation is fact

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

It's irony that you can't even spell linear

Stop trolling.

Please.

And start making sense please.

Fact remains, you have been presented peer reviewed science, journals, historical records, facts on the site itself from decades of study...and you still say "you are all wrong! You don't know a thing!"

Yet, a two-dime TV show made for uneducated people lost in fantasy and woo completely convinces you of a totally nonsensical claim that lacks zero support in any real area of academics or truth.

And you speak of irony...lol.

MM

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

you have no idea what you are talking about with your "specialized knowledge" theory not to mention knowledge and innovation don't cut precise angles in stone.

Its not really a "theory". It was just some speculation on something I find interesting. I know your type doesn't like discussions or opinions or speculation. At any rate, "apprenticeships" are pretty common amongst societies. Also it was in response to why this knowledge might not have spread. I know, its a point of view that's not about aliens. I apologize.

unless you come up with another idea how they shaped the stones you fail in the credibility department. you actually have to say what kind of tool was causing the friction and it would be nice if you included how they moved the stones into position and held them steady repeatedly symmetrical. you know like add some details or explain why this crazy idea sounds so possible to you.

Actually I don't really need to explain or come up with any ideas about how they did anything. Its a crazy idea because it doesn't involve aliens? My only real point is that trying to explain something unknown with something else that's unknown is a bit silly when you think about it. Here we have lots of evidence of humans. No evidence whatsoever of aliens anywhere. Maybe if you had some verified example of alien architecture to compare.

oh please. The real irony is that you don't even know how to apply the term or even what it means. Yeah, I suck at spelling. so what.

I don't think its an actual psychological term but is this what you mean?

Definition of Nonlinear Thinking
The term "nonlinear" means that something is not in a straight line, and this concept can be applied to a person's method of thought. A person who thinks nonlinearly often makes connections among unrelated concepts. A nonlinear thinker will jump from idea to idea, unlike a logical, linear thinker.

www.ehow.com...

I am actually very interested in where you picked this up and what you think it means.

edit on 26-4-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Stuck on first base?

something like that

You might say Lou was a "nonlinear" thinker.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

Nope you are not a serious poster and you seem to try and hide his inadequacies by trolling. I will not waste time on you. My reply was for lurkers and those interested in the subject - not you.

I do hope that was clear?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

More useful is to look at the archaeological record and see that circa 700 AD Tiwanaku of around five square kilometers which housed 10-20 thousand people. An interesting part of that city was the section called Mollo Kontu and its interconnected cluster of Qochas.

Another interesting aspect was their interest and ritual use of body modification, see linked to PDF

Blom 2005

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: tsingtao

if it's possible, it's probable.

not really. Things are only possible or not possible. probability is a mathematical concept that is based on known outcomes. Things can be possible without being probable. It is possible that humans evolve wings but its not probable.

the works in stone are there

humans are there also. Aliens are not known to exist. Life outside our planet has not been discovered yet. The probability that aliens built anything on earth is not computable.

think of a deck of cards. What is the probability of drawing an alien card when alien cards have never been drawn before? While possible, its not probable.

probability relies on possibility.

if something is not possible, then something would not be probable.

we never needed wings. didn't need pyramids either.
why move so many giant rocks?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Religion and for that man has done much that appears crazy to an outside observer.

Why 3,000 cathedrals? Why hundreds of thousands of churchs, mosques and temples

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte

I stated probability is not evidence

nor is there evidence of any probability that aliens built anything.

aren't you guys forgetting "possibility?"

nothing is evidence/evident, the AE's could be lying. who knows?

i go with they had no reason to put that amount of time and energy into some boondoggle no one knows what it is.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The three P's are possibility, probably and plausibility

It is possible that someone other than the Tiwanaku built PP, it is probably, but rather low and based on the hard facts we have, its implausible.

It is possible that the Tiwanaku built PP, it highly probably and also very plausible

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Mr Mask

This is my last reply to your nonsensical rhetoric.

I personally find nonsensical rhetoric very entertaining. I always try to find new and creative ways of explaining very simple concepts to people who don't want to except simple concepts. What would Abbott be without Costello?

or moe without larry and curly?

nonsensical rhetoric is thinking stone and bronze age man wrote a book that lasted thousands of years and building things that baffle us, all this time later.

not saying aliens, but something was going on we don't know about.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

Stop trolling.

Please.

And start making sense please.

Fact remains, you have been presented peer reviewed science, journals, historical records, facts on the site itself from decades of study...and you still say "you are all wrong! You don't know a thing!"

Yet, a two-dime TV show made for uneducated people lost in fantasy and woo completely convinces you of a totally nonsensical claim that lacks zero support in any real area of academics or truth.

And you speak of irony...lol.

MM

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the mighty science super genius's.

yeah, look down at us peons.

who built the dam things? your super genius's?
who moved the dam rocks? the brainiac's?
chumly says it's a good idea to make one of these things and it will only take 20yrs/24/7 to do. and that's just the construction phaze! let alone the planning and stuff.
so let's get goin!! tote that barge, lift that bale!! all the beer and bread you can handle. (i think i was the exec chef there, in another life)

you realize the level of education needed of the populace, to do this stuff?
no mushed up bones between the rocks? OSHA would be proud.

don't tell me it died out with 1 or 2 guys.

hendrix comes to mind. davinci.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

More useful is to look at the archaeological record and see that circa 700 AD Tiwanaku of around five square kilometers which housed 10-20 thousand people. An interesting part of that city was the section called Mollo Kontu and its interconnected cluster of Qochas.

Another interesting aspect was their interest and ritual use of body modification, see linked to PDF

Blom 2005

Thank you for your informative reply. It seems I shall learn something of value.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Religion and for that man has done much that appears crazy to an outside observer.

Why 3,000 cathedrals? Why hundreds of thousands of churchs, mosques and temples

i guess we know what they are for.

the other places, not so much.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The three P's are possibility, probably and plausibility

It is possible that someone other than the Tiwanaku built PP, it is probably, but rather low and based on the hard facts we have, its implausible.

It is possible that the Tiwanaku built PP, it highly probably and also very plausible

no doubt but explain the one offs.

these megaliths don't make much sense.

and i don't believe the piddley little pyramids were practice. lol!!

like going from a tent to a duplex.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

probability relies on possibility.

if something is not possible, then something would not be probable.

Correct. However, if something is possible it does not necessarily mean it is probable.

It is not a requirement to "know" of the existence of something for it to be possible. To say something is possible means that it is not impossible. Things are possible or they are not. Many things can be possible.

Probability is a mathematical word that is calculated from "known" outcomes. In this case, aliens are not known to have come to earth and build anything. While possible, no probability can be determined.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

not saying aliens, but something was going on we don't know about.

This is almost certainly true since we would need a time machine to see exactly what happened. I am not saying aliens either but probably for a different reason.

aren't you guys forgetting "possibility?"

No. Its just not being confused with "probability"

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

who built the dam things? your super genius's?
who moved the dam rocks? the brainiac's?

The important thing to remember is that we have no knowledge of aliens and their culture or their existence. Perhaps you should start with that fact and look for the answers yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I find this very interesting:

www.anomolies-unlimited.com...

"Many of the huge stones and megaliths used to make temples and structures - stones so large that even
today we'd have no way to move them - were joined together with metal clamps.. It was thought the clamps
were brought to the structures where a hole was carved for them to be placed.

Recent scans using electron microscopes reveal a different story - the metal was poured, molten, into pre-
carved indentations - meaning a portable smelter was used which could move from section to section as
needed. Since the clamps often link two huge slabs or blocks of stone, you have to wonder - if it's a mystery
how 447 tonne stones were quarried, moved and put in place - how were two done? A much more advanced
level of technology than the "main stream" ever gave to Pre-Columbian man.
Very few of the clamps have survived but analysis of those from Pre-Columbian South America show them to
be made of a very unusual alloy - 2.05% arsenic, 95.15% copper, 0.26% iron, 0.84% silicon and 1.70%
nickel. There is no source nickel anywhere in Bolivia. Also the rare alloy of nickel-bronze-arsenic requires
extremely high temperatures The Puma Punku brackets holes, when analyzed, showed platinum, a metal
which only melts at 1753 C and aluminum, which supposedly wasn't discovered and produced in quantity
until the 19th century.
The most interesting fact is that these clamps were used all over the world. How did this technique and
the knowledge find it's way to Egypt, Pre-Columbian Peru and Cambodia, thousands of years and tens of
thousands of miles apart? What is the common thread, or who was the common teacher?"

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OzTiger

Um...do you have a better source for that info? Your link was broken and I stumbled on another article about Britney Spear's boobs. www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

After I did manage to find the article, there was no references to anything. www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

edit on 27-4-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join