It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Claims Fast Food is Healthy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

In today's fast-paced world, it's getting harder and harder to eat right. With more choices than ever, it seems like a new health trend approaches every day, trying to gain the approval of YOU, the honest, hardworking modern man. But how does one truly "eat like a man?" What sorts of food are appropriate to maintain that virile sense of masculinity and keep your fibrous muscles well stocked with the sinewy raw materials necessary to keep one's male attributes strong? It seems like men today will believe anything. So here to set the record straight is Dr. Bernays.

I know that 99.9% of us here can smell the BS on a statement like that from a mile away (although you never can be sure about that 0.1%), but it's sadly far closer to the truth than most of us would like to admit. Advertising uses whatever down-and-dirty tactics necessary to get it's agenda across (sell you a product of service), in this case peddling horrible poisonous food through the exploitation of what many in our culture perceive as masculinity. By equating "being a man" with eating meat, fast food, jerky sticks, etc., these commercials reduce and redefine the male gender to nothing more than an slobbering appetite in a sweaty t-shirt (although Homer Simpson might not mind being pigeonholed like that).

It's also part of a much larger conversation in regards to how the powers that be manipulate our opinion of ourselves and others--the same patterns are undeniably recognizable. For many of us, questioning "the official story" on a larger scale (politics, aliens, etc.) began with the simple realization that what you see in advertising is rarely what you get. Do any of you have examples of commercials, ad campaigns, political propaganda etc. that were so obviously peddling false information that they forced you to wake up and start questioning things on a deeper level?

Bye TV,

Josh LeCash

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

I'm confused. Are you are taking that video seriously? Do you think anyone does?
Seriously?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Healthy people aren't worth anything to the pharmaceutical & medical corporations.

After all - didn't you know pizza is a vegetable?

Pizza is a vegetable? Congress says yes...

The video is obviously not serious though...
edit on 10-4-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just about any food is okay, as long as it is consumed in moderation. That being said, i think the video was pretty funny, even though it does allude to a serious problem of which we all face in today's society.

When there are 4 times the amount of PR officers compared to journalists, you know we have a serious problem. The problem is severely compounded though, considering that our journalists rarely perform the functions expected of them.
edit on 10-4-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Because advertisements try to equate carnivorous eating with being manly, it must not be? I get that the video intends to mock the ad campaigns, but meat is still a very healthy part of any diet. Andy needs to eat a few rare, thick cut vitamins.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Phage

I'm confused. Are you are taking that video seriously? Do you think anyone does?
Seriously?

From what i understand, 'Notheycant' is involved with the publishing of Don't Tread On Media's videos, on ATS. The above video was clearly directed by DTOM. So no, i would assume that he doesn't believe the video, considering he seems to be involved with those who have made it...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Oh.
That really clears things up for me.

Thanks.

I think.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This video is an obvious hoax done by a troll and should be removed to the hoax bin please.

Fast Food = Faster Death

Now I'm off to McDonalds if anyone one to join me for a delicious fatty disgusting big Mac.

Cheers,

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No worries.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

So...
It's about youtube hits then?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Phage

So...
It's about youtube hits then?

I guess so, lol.

Unsurprising, considering the direction ATS has taken...(ducks for cover). Lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hahaha I was expecting some real doctor to be in that video... boy was I let down Bahaha.

Fast food is in no way shape or form healthy for you as it is almost always saturated with fat and salt.

This is just a fake video designed to go viral. There is no study, Im pretty sure these guys just wanted to make a funny video to make some money off youtube.

They should not of made "greens are gay" comment as they are portaiting that being gay is a bad thing. That doesnt settle right with me.. but judging by the rest of the vid it was designed to push buttons to get viral.

edit on 36414p43610 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well its not the most healthy food, but people are excaberating the problem with their choices. If you eat fastfood a lot because for whatever reason its your best option, dont have a soft drink most of the time, have water most of the time and that coke once in a while. You dont need the biggest burgers on the menue every order either and you also shouldnt always eat the fries.

Sadly a small burger with a side order of Salad and a drink does not come in a menue although I guess you could get that salad with Chicken. But if you live in a city like New York, Cologne or Berlin I am sure McD and BK arent your only choices for a quick chomp.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Satire rears its ugly head and coughs out phlegm - phlegm from eating fast food!

Great vid, thanks for the twist in the gut for the fast food industry.

top topics

join