It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KC Authorities Suspect Serial Sniper in 6 Highway Shootings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Someone's shooting at us!

So far, this activity is confined to the Grandview Triangle area and Lee's Summit, Blue Springs and Leewood, but that's still close enough to worry me. I have a colleague who travels this route when she comes in for her part-time work every month.

So far, one man has been shot in the calf. It seems that the shooter/s is/are more interested in just shooting cars than in actually hitting people, but one woman went to get her 3-year-old daughter out of the car and discovered a bullet hole through the window ... just about 2" from the little girl's face. So, it was nearly a tragedy.

People really are going nuts these days.

Oh, and I have no explanation for the poor quality of the editing. Suffice it to say, I've been noticing that nothing that purports to be professional news is actually well proofed these days.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

ketsuko
Someone's shooting at us!

So far, this activity is confined to the Grandview Triangle area and Lee's Summit, Blue Springs and Leewood, but that's still close enough to worry me. I have a colleague who travels this route when she comes in for her part-time work every month.

So far, one man has been shot in the calf. It seems that the shooter/s is/are more interested in just shooting cars than in actually hitting people, but one woman went to get her 3-year-old daughter out of the car and discovered a bullet hole through the window ... just about 2" from the little girl's face. So, it was nearly a tragedy.

People really are going nuts these days.

Oh, and I have no explanation for the poor quality of the editing. Suffice it to say, I've been noticing that nothing that purports to be professional news is actually well proofed these days.

Yup, I live in Lees Summit. My husband drives to work through the triangle everyday.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonLightStars

Mine drives all the way to St. Jo and takes our son with him, so they're at least out of the way.

I don't envy you the worry.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
People are truly whacked sometimes. Someone decides to just go shoot at random people? Sounds a bit like the duo from the beltway sniper attacks but they killed people so let's hope no one gets killed before they're caught. That can't be easy though - what are the guns laws there - do you have to register weapons? Although the gun could have come from another State or be illegal that is a place to start.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I suspect a male,(males), late teens early twenties, just firing a handgun at random cars. I do not believe this is as sinister of intent as the DC snipers more than a decade ago. Still very dangerous, and scary. I hope they figure this out soon.
edit on 9-4-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the news OP. I haven't been paying too much attention to local stuff lately with all that's going on in the big picture.

That's just crazy though. There's a lot of area to creep through the woods around the triangle. It's bad enough it's already flooded with the world's worst drivers and now we gotta deal with this...

I think I will be taken I-70 heading to and from work until they catch the person/s. At least I already have a heads up when it comes to Troost and Prospect.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

thesmokingman
I suspect a male,(males), late teens early twenties, just firing a handgun at random cars. I do not believe this is as sinister of intent as the DC snipers more than a decade ago. Still very dangerous, and scary. I hope they figure this out soon.

Not to be contradictory, but I wouldn't suspect a handgun in this case. Distance and penetration and lack of reported sound point to a rifle fired from a respectable distance away. The guy's not used to shooting at moving targets. Either his distance to the target is changing or he's a bad judge of speed. I'd bet the suspect is between 35 and 45.

This guy means business and he means to not get caught. Be very careful out there folks. He's bound to get better at what he's doing.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I would worry about him shooting at a gas pump just right, and would getting my fuel a good distance from this area. I imagine they would be familiar with this area and have some sort of beef such as feeling socially ousted. Just a guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Maybe he should have considered target practicing first?

That was a rhetorical question, really.

Only a fool wouldn't practice shooting with the intention of killing people.

Either way, when caught he still deserves 20 years in Prison, life if God forbid he does kill someone.

There's nothing worse than a fool with a gun, scary scenario indeed.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I would have to agree with your assessment. And I don't think someone is doing this as a prank or gang bet/initiation.

Once, evil prank. Twice maybe still. Anything more than that means he is out to get a kill or cause a wreck that might. It's frightening because during rush hour it's a slow crawl through the Grandview Triangle. People are sitting ducks and there are plenty of escape routes. Lots of motocross and four wheel paths all over the area, not to mention pretty quiet side streets.

But honestly I'm more worried about when the LEO's start closing in on him... The area is only minutes from apartments, schools and shopping in any direction, even on foot.

I hope they can catch him w/o out any incident because clearly he has no regard for innocent bystanders.

Edit: to add content

13 total shootings to date (although at this point only some have been linked together)

www.kmbc.com...

edit on 9-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: add content

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

OatDelphi
reply to post by Snarl

I would have to agree with your assessment. And I don't think someone is doing this as a prank or gang bet/initiation.

Once, evil prank. Twice maybe still. Anything more than that means he is out to get a kill or cause a wreck that might. It's frightening because during rush hour it's a slow crawl through the Grandview Triangle. People are sitting ducks and there are plenty of escape routes. Lots of motocross and four wheel paths all over the area, not to mention pretty quiet side streets.

But honestly I'm more worried about when the LEO's start closing in on him... The area is only minutes from apartments, schools and shopping in any direction, even on foot.

I hope they can catch him w/o out any incident because clearly he has no regard for innocent bystanders.

Edit: to add content

13 total shootings to date (although at this point only some have been linked together)

www.kmbc.com...

edit on 9-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: add content

Looks simple...just join the spots up and the shooter is at the place where they cross......maybe...........

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hard to say without access to all the police reports. Have there been shootings reported on the KS side of the border? Though the map indicates everything happened on the MO side of the line, that could be all the reporters were looking at, or a limited subset of information that particular jurisdiction was willing to release to the public. KS may have wanted to sit on what they know.

It would be enlightening to know if a single vehicle was hit multiple times. One report (with injuries) seemed to indicate a leg wound and a shattered window. I wonder what the caliber of the bullets is that the shooter is using. All of these missing facts can make for good speculation (like my guess that he's between 35 and 45), but that's as good as it gets from the armchair.

It would have been Really nice to see if his hunting territory is expanding. I've got a feeling this guy is out of work and has plenty of time on his hands to move around and find a new nest for each event. That's pretty scary.

-Cheers

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Listened to this story on news radio yesterday. They seemed to indicate that the shootings all took place where highways split or right before an exit ramp and suggested the shots are being fired from a moving vehicle just at a point of escape.

Scary stuff though. Just had a guy here in MI sentenced for highway shootings.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What about employing that tech which supposedly can tell when and what area a gun was fired? Not to mention DOT cameras on the interstate. Do they have traffic flow cameras in KC?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
(Securing tinfoil hat)

Maybe we need TSA or DHS check points on all the interstate roads. . .

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Kdot and MoDot have a joint system called KCScout and it is pretty extensive. Real-time roadway CCTV covers a majority of the KC Metro area.

Having said that though, the website is currently mentioning that the CCTV system is under maintenance. But I can't imagine that means it is completely down.

reply to post by beezzer

That's not a funny statement... because with the way things are headed in this country they will probably start doing it.

Ks in some ways has already started doing it. Drug-search checkpoints happen to and from Colorado on I-70.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Up to 20 reported shootings now in just the last couple of weeks. I drive through the Grandview triangle every day and this makes me just a little uneasy lol.

Im really surprised this thread has not gotten more attention, I mean its a serial sniper still on the loose and still shooting.

cmon ats

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I used to worry a bit because my regular run is up and down 635 and it's known to have the occasional pot shot from an overpass (or dropped object), and before my current job moved buildings a year or so ago, I used to drive right through the heart of that area from downtown right to the south of the 435 loop. I'm clear now unless the shooter shifts a bit west.

I really don't envy anyone having to make that drive at the moment because this is just a disaster waiting to happen. As I mentioned I have a coworker who comes through that route. She's been out with a surgery, and I'm sort of hoping maybe she missed another month at this rate.

I know the odds are astronomical with all the cars that go through, but it only takes that one.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Not to much to report...

Warrant served, no details.

Police/ATF may have found a shell casing, no info as to what caliber.

Police removed a bullet from a home close to a shooting area but nothing confirming it is connected.

Leawood police confirm bullet taken from home in highway shooting investigation

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join