It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Returning after some years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hello, all. I am not exactly a new member on ATS. I am returning with this handle after a long absence. Can an old ghost learn new tricks?

I can not recall exactly how long it has been, but several years to be certain. I have odd memory gaps. This relates to one of the topics I may wish to some day discuss here although I have not decided at this time what all I will disclose, how much and how.

The forums look quite different to me and it will take some time to find my way around. There seem to be so many more fora. There is much of the same content though and perhaps a bit less bull#. I guess I will see in time if the content below the surface is still the same. I do know that I was around before the skunkworks forum. I remember when it was a new thing. I also remember that I had left before WOS departed. That was a shock to me because I expected him to be around longer after the bad news. Maybe this should not surprise me. But it saddens me.

I hope to recognize a few other names from before if memory permits, and I do mean permits. So with that I will continue to lurk and read.

Eyes open.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hexadecimus

Welcome back!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Glad to give you your first new flag, and welcome back. Good to meet you.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Cool intro.

Welcome back !!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Welcome Home. We remodeled while you were gone. We still keep the ghosts in the basement, and the cookie jar is always full.

I saved your hat for you...

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes, info and flags. I still do not have the search function working with my current networking and software setup. Since I can not currently search for the answer, can someone briefly explain the difference between stars/flags? Are flags given to promote threads and stars to users for contributing to threads? Edit: My karma has dropped significantly already. "Oddly calculated" indeed. No matter...

Destiny, if you mean the supernatural types of ghosts, they have always evaded me. I know many people that I consider relatively credible who insist that they have experienced supernatural "hauntings", some on a recurring basis. A few have invited me to live with them for a while to witness them, and they are shocked when all such activity stops until I leave. Too bad. I was hoping to see some proof. I keep an open mind until I see proof either way.

I have seen some serious non-supernatural stuff though. Things that most people would not believe, mostly because they would not care to believe.

edit on 9-4-2014 by Hexadecimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It sucks being new all over again.

Heres to the return trip. May it be as rewarding as the first time.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The doors are always open and the lights are always on. Welcome back!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hello Sailor - welcome back.

There's more than a few threads I could point you to re: odd gaps but I'm sure you'll find them yourself.

See you around the forums...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, I'm working just to climb out of the newbie purgatory (again).
If nothing else, it's a little annoying.

I will say that I do have secondhand yet reliable knowledge of govt or govt related groups or individuals (could conceivably have been an independent act) that have caused a "natural" death of someone who had divulged or was planning to divulge some type of secret information. I do not know what the information was.

I also have limited firsthand knowledge and experience with a nonlethal bacterial agent that was being studied. It was unclear from documentation whether it was created, tweaked or merely captured for research but the current form has decades ago spread across parts of the USA and Europe. There was research into the vectors, effects and its ability to avoid reliable detection and survive through antibiotics that would kick the # out of just about anything else.

What else... backdoors in virtually all computing hardware, software and networking components. That is pretty easily verified independently. Creepy. It is probably best just to avoid being flagged as a person of interest in the first place.

There are other things I could go into at some point, but not yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

As I said, I currently can not search ATS (the search will not load) so feel free to link or message links if it is no trouble, but I will try to find some threads through G or otherwise. Stars/flags also do not work. I will try to find a solution for this in the coming weeks.

I believe that my gaps and memory issues have something to do with chemical/pharmaceutical causes, and/or this bacterial agent. Both were about the same time so it is hard for me to say for sure which, or perhaps it is a combination.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
After 20 posts, you can start your own threads and I look forward to seeing them!!

top topics

join