It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Opeth Album on June 17

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I know their are a few people on ATS that are Opeth fans, certainly not anyone with Mikael in their avatar!

So their 11th studio album is called Pale Communion and was produced by Mikael and mixed by Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree and other things.

Song titles are

1. Eternal Rains Will Come
2. Cusp of Eternity
3. Moon Above, Sun Below
4. Elysian Woes
5. Goblin
6. River
7. Voice of Treason
8. Faith in Others

An early review of it is pretty glowing... www.metalinjection.net...

I can't wait (as if you couldn't tell) as I have been an Opeth fan for close to 20 years now. I was never caught up in the "tr00 kvlt metal uses death vox" crap . At one point Opeth used death vocals along with clean vocals but they have stopped that now. That makes it no less an Opeth album. Heaviness is not just downtuned guitars and blast beats.

Anyway, go metal or prog rock or in this case both.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Holy eff yes!!
I am always down to listen to new metal, blackwater park is one of my favourite alburms of all time. Been listening to them for awhile now come to think of it haha.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I dabble in a bit of Metal (huge Gojira fan). Ive heard a few songs off of blackwater park and they were pretty good. Ill check it out thx for the heads up.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
OK I saved the website! Thanx.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Nice!

Saw them for the 3rd or 4th time here in Sydney last year which was dandy.

Should be a goodie!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

So much music to buy. At least I have a couple of months on this one. I need to pick up Purple's Made In Japan, the ultra deluxe stupendous most excellent magnificently re-re-re-mastered and ridiculously overdone four hundredth edition that will probably cost a bundle, as I want it both in digital and the nine album set.

Then Rush, CA Live(got the video but need the cd), then Opeth. I have to plan this stuff out and ration my music spending or I'll never buy food or things that are somewhat important.

I really dig Watershed. Maybe my second favorite behind Ghost Reveries. Heritage is a little spotty but stsill a fine album. Saw them for the first time on this tour. Wish they had played longer, as Ghost and Mastodon bite and I would rather have had a few more Opeth tunes than that drivel. Ghost were plain stupid and I really tried to like Mastodon as they are supposed to be the bees knees but they just bore me. I'm somewhat(ahem) of a prog-snob these days though and most metal simply bores me.

That's ok, though, as there's plenty for everyone.

new topics

top topics

join