It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to *DO* about Ukraine, Crimea, Putin, etc.?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Thank you for saying what no other ATS'rs have the sack to suggest: Options for a solution.

But that is exactly the conversation that belongs here....what should be done?
Just watch and see how it all unfolds, come together and prepare a roadblock

?
X

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Talliostro
I hope, the EU stays out of this and follows the diplomatic way.

sorry, it's easy for you 'Mericans speaking about war and militarised intervention, when 2 freaking big oceans seperate you from the rest of the world and the "agressors". I think, the voices here would be entirely different, when this would happen on "your" doorstep.

So, what to "do" about the situation?
Speak, speak, speak with each other and let Ukraine sort its problems out for itself.

The problem is too much "ego and arrogance" built up in American minds wants to keep them focused on single issue.

That is, after humiliating, shaming, stomping and badly bullying the defeated "Cold War" foe..........US finally wants to put the bullet in the head.

Putin is clever and he understood that taking constant crap and sucking it up would not change the American demeanor. Eventually US would want to put a bullet in the head, when it gets too bored from humiliating the Russians.

Hence, Putin has reacted. Too bad, Russian reaction in its near abroad in 2008 Georgia, did not get the message through.

Any more commotion and police action in Eastern Ukraine..........and Mongoloids will cross over for some "heavy hammer" action on the fascists.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

The reason China doesn't join in the festivities is they'd get mangled as much as both Russia and the U.S. would. Why fight when they'd end up top dog by sitting on the sidelines? The could casually absorb Siberia and it's resources almost as an afterthought. (Allowing you smart enough to realize that neither the U.S. or Russia "wins" in a direct confrontation)

I admit to nothing of the sort, and you know it! What your intent is to P.O. those who support the U.S..NK would cease to exist as a viable nation in a maximum of 2 weeks, more like one week, without a single U.S. boot touching the ground.

I, for one, won't play your game.

The spin on both sides is B.S.-that includes yours- all irrelevant.

If Putin doesn't get too greedy, territorial-wise, he probably wins this foray. If he does get greedy, he will end up with a devastated economy and likely taken out by someone inside Russia that's had enough of him.

The Ukraine? That region has been a mess for centuries....worse than the middle-east.

Personally, I could care less...and I'm half Ukrainian and half "White"-Russian by descent.

A pox on the whole region.....

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by HanzHenry

A pox on the whole region.....

Funny (or sadly) you mention that. I often think that when India and Pakistan look like they are about the nuke one another. I often think, "let them" - if there were not other countries down-wind who might not enjoy the fall-out. So, I guess I am truly a hypocrite then.

Thanks anyway for listening to me vent if nothing else.
I do worry that this eventually (if un-checked somehow) leads to Putin trying to drag back-in (by intimidation or out-right force) all former USSR states - if not all former Warsaw-pack states; and leads to a much bigger conflict. Hence posting in the WW3 forum, duh.

edit on 2014-4-11 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gamm'r, spellng

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join