It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to *DO* about Ukraine, Crimea, Putin, etc.?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

It doesn't matter whether Assad was with a minority group, 10,000 people out of a country of 23,000,000 protested. And there is evidence to suggest that some of them were armed with machine guns and killed 20 police officers.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

victor7
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Diplomatic: Chinese are very clever. They know they will be NEXT if Russia is under the boot. Forget about China.

Assassination: You can try but if something gets leaked, then outcomes can be very violent.

Military: Expect the NATO boys to give their body dimensions to be wrapped in nicely fitting body bags. In Iraq, where insurgents had no support from any country, they took 5000 American lives i.e. 500+ each year. In Ukraine, the guerrillas WILL HAVE Russia's complete support. Expect lots of hits from Vintorez, SV-98s and Zastava-M91, along with Kornets killing BMDs and Strykers and even short range cruise missiles.

Vietnam II any one?

Btw, why Zastava-M91? because there are thousands of Serbians wanting to settle accounts with NATO for some past transactions.

Lastly, Russian cyberdudes hacking the drones will make Ukraine a drone graveyard in two weeks at most.

Yes the Chinese are very clever... Clever enough not to support Russia and there aggression within Ukraine, they're not yet ready to bit the hand that feeds them it seems

I think you'll find much of the weapons used against allied troops in Iraq were Iranian and Russia, there is mountains of evidence to support the fact both country's played a part in aiding terrorist activity within Iraq and these people are still at war with each other today

And besides the American deaths in Iraq the Soviets lost 15,000 troops in Afghanistan fighting men on horse back with a whopping 54,000 troops wounded and over 200 still missing... at least the Iraqis had tanks an airforce

Ukraine will never become a Vietnam, most obviously because it isn't dense jungle and difficult terrain

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

In Iraq in the actual war US lost less than 100 men. But the real toll was taken in a slow grind where no Iraqi tanks or AF were active.

Btw, OSV-96 has a range of 2km. It will be swift and clean.

NATO should not fall into the trap. It's better chances are an all out war rather than slow and steady pings taking toll on men and machines.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Well it's easy to pass the buck isn't it? Firstly, the USA armed the mujahedeen in the 1980's to fight against Russia and they are now what is considered a terrorist group. The same has happened to Syria and weapons which have come from the West have been found in the hands of terrorists groups in Syria. How many people have died again? Your country has contributed to that through funding and arming terrorist groups. I love how you blame Russia, Iran and anyone else yet you cannot see what's been happening out your backyard. Shameful times we live in.
edit on 9-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It doesn't matter whether Assad was with a minority group, 10,000 people out of a country of 23,000,000 protested. And there is evidence to suggest that some of them were armed with machine guns and killed 20 police officers.

I want to see that evidence then

People need to realise you will never see an entire population on the streets protesting, to say so is desperate and a lack of understanding

When hating things like this they're measured by previous protests In History

You don't compare turnouts with populations, the Syrian protests where the largest In Syria's history

Please brush up on your factual information concerning Syria it will serve you well

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Gee, the Russians fought against the Nazis. Great. Have you forgotten the cold war? Allies don't always stay allies.

China would NEVER Join Russia against the U.S.. They'd sit back and pick up the pieces after the dust cleared.

NK took the U.S. alone? The UN, not the United States, the U.N. ...Canada, Australia, the U.S. kick KN's rear-end so badly that the Chinese came into the fray and ended up with 1,000,000 KIAs against that coalition.

Yes there are similarities between early Hitler moves and Putin's. Does that mean he will go Hitler's route? I hope not.

However, another unspoken similarity is the relative non-response from the rest of the EU. and the "Chamberlain-like" response from Obama.

Legal? Illegal? Irrelevant! History is written by the winners anyways. There needs to be consequence for this act by those who disagree with it else it's an invitation for a repeat, Putin's or someone else's..

If you agree with Putin, the you can go join him...LOL.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

13th Zodiac

What to *DO* about, Ukraine ? Crimea ? Putin? Gee ! I don't know. You don't live in Ukraine, so I guess you should keep your nose out of it!

Ukraine is pleading to the international community for help tho so? Ignore them?

Ever heard of the little boy who cried wolf, classic ending.
edit on 9-4-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by lightedhype

Hey, I find this a violation of international law.

BAGHDAD

Car bombs hit several mostly Shiite neighborhoods of Baghdad and a town south of the Iraqi capital on Wednesday, killing at least 34 people and wounding dozens, officials said, the latest bout of violence ahead of the country’s first parliamentary elections since the 2011 U.S. troop withdrawal.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attacks but the bombings bore the hallmarks of an al-Qaida-inspired group and other Sunni insurgents, who frequently use suicide and car bombs to target public areas and government buildings in their bid to undermine confidence in the Shiite-led government.

Al-Qaida inspired groups hey, the same one's that were accused of the 9/11 attacks.

the latest bout of violence ahead of the country’s first parliamentary elections since the 2011 U.S. troop withdrawal.

Wait a minute, Us troops withdrew from Iraq knowing that the people suspected of committing 9/11 were openly operating in Iraq and to this day still are? If the people they are looking for are there, why didn't they stay and finish them off? So let's put this into perspective. The USA toppled Saddam, there was pretty much no resistance. Saddam dies, and after that the country is loaded with terrorists. To go with that, the USA find it appropriate to withdraw and say "Job done" when car bombs and terrorists are still running rampant in Iraq. Can you explain to me the tactics used in defeating terrorism because I am confused.

No

You're mistaken

Have you looked into the Sunni Shiite battles all over the Middle East?

There are many many many manyyyyu factions, groups, organisations in the Middle East

They're not just Al Qaeda... But they're portrayed as Al Qaeda for propaganda purposes

Al Qaeda was a fairly large and popular organisation and operatives come from every Muslim country and community the globe over

It is very easy to tar one organisation as Al Qaeda as most of the middle eat and there groups hold ex members...

However they're now fighting for a new cause motive and agenda

I'd suggest you do some more digging In Middle Eastern groups organisations etc etc to better distinguish the different groups,

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

I want to see that evidence then

People need to realise you will never see an entire population on the streets protesting, to say so is desperate and a lack of understanding

When hating things like this they're measured by previous protests In History

You don't compare turnouts with populations, the Syrian protests where the largest In Syria's history

Please brush up on your factual information concerning Syria it will serve you well

en.wikipedia.org...

Firstly, you do not use Wikipedia to prove a point.. And for your information I have been on top of Syria since the bloody thing began. Here's some pictures in from this week. These people are protesting for the Syrian Arab Army - (there loved brothers /sisters / families who fight for their country).

I get my info from Syria, not some western propaganda news outlet. Going off these photos and the protesters in them everyone should lay down their guns and let the Syrian Government continue governing Syria. Notice in the last photo what looks like soldiers?
edit on 9-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by HanzHenry

1. Allies don't always stay allies.

2. China would NEVER Join Russia against the U.S.. They'd sit back and pick up the pieces after the dust cleared.

3. NK took the U.S. alone? The UN, not the United States, the U.N. ...Canada, Australia, the U.S. kick KN's rear-end so badly that the Chinese came into the fray and ended up with 1,000,000 KIAs against that coalition.

4. Legal? Illegal? Irrelevant! History is written by the winners anyways. it's an invitation for a repeat, Putin's or someone else's..

5. If you agree with Putin, the you can go join him...LOL.

1 -- right
2-- and why wouldn't China help Russia, refer to number one by your comment. China won't allow Russia to get knocked off, they are used as a counter balance against the west
3-- you ADMITTED what i stated
the US could NOT beat NK.
4-- history is now online, the lies dont stick anymore, which is why TPTB are stumbling.
5--* Oh, so by not being a hypocrite I agree with Putin AND can join him? how american sheeple of you

* america 'spreads democracy' yet when some people spread their own democracy it is somehow bad if it doesn't favor America? WTF kind of democracy is that.. oh wait, that is good ol 'merkan style democracy.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The good people of Ukraine should start forming local militias and begin arming themselves. The local government should help them out as a command and control.

The federal government is useless is seems. If you want to keep your freedom Ukrainians you had better organize and arm yourselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

All I need to know is that though Saddam ruled with an Iron fist, Iraq was a lot more peaceful before Western intervention than it is today. Libya was peaceful until western intervention and now look at the state of it. Mali have an influx of extremists piling in from the Libyan border. Why is it that as soon as a dictator is toppled and democracy is promised countries are swarmed with extremist groups and the people of those countries have to suffer? Wouldn't it be better to just leave those countries the way they were regardless of who is running them? Because now we are leaving countries in a state of disrepair. I don't need to look up the facts because the facts speak for themselves and Syria is no exception also.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

History does not exactly repeat itself,
but it certainly does rhyme. - Mark Twain-

Crimean War: en.wikipedia.org...

Cossacks: en.wikipedia.org...

You do know that Chernobyl is in Ukraine as well right?

Russian and Ukrainian history are intertwined.
I don't think Putin will give up those topless beaches in Crimea
without a fight. The Russians have had Navy/Seaports there
forever. I know those links are Wiki, but it is a quick and interesting
read that you might like to reflect upon.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
HERE IS THE SOLUTION........ALREADY KNOWN TO POWER BROKERS.........BUT NOT ACCEPTED.....ARROGANCE OF POWER IT SEEMS !!

LINK BELOW IS A VERY GOOD ARTICLE............

www.eurasiareview.com...

According to Spiegel, on February 9, 1990, in St. Catherine’s Hall at the Kremlin, during the negotiations over German reunification – the US secretary of state James A Baker made a promise with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev that if the Soviets allowed Germany to reunify, NATO would not even move “one inch” further east and not even into the former East Germany itself.

Next day in a similar a meeting between Gorbachev and West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, German Chancellor also assured the Soviet leader that “naturally NATO could not expand its territory” into East Germany. In a parallel meeting between West German Foreign Minister Hans-Dietrich Genscher and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, Genscher reassured Shevardnadze that they stand firm – “NATO will not expand to the East.”

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Wrong again. Those "horse riding" freedom fighters were armed with advanced weaponry, training and piles of cash from the CIA. Maybe if you knew anything about American imperialist policy and Afghanistan, you would know that not only was Osama bin-Laden a CIA asset, but as a rich Saudi leader of the mujahideen, he was Zbigniew Brzezinski's liaison. Here are the both of them working together, clear as day.

The CIA engineered the entire Soviet invasion of Afghanistan by finding the most radicalized minority and providing them with what they needed to terrorize the communist government. This sucked the Red Army in. Then the CIA and the US State Department clandestinely kept backing the mujahideen, knowing full well from previous experience in Latin America that endorsing ultra violence by proxy on a target group is an effective way to cause chaos. Afghanistan got so bloody for both sides that the politburo backed off and retreated.

Brzezinski left his friends in Afghanistan with this promising note. 15 years later, the American public, in a pandemic chauvinistic fervour, backed the PNAC agenda of rampaging around the Middle East on the pretence of finding CIA asset Osama bin-Laden.

And don't get me wrong: I idolize Brzezinski. He was a master geopolitical strategist. While the new generation of chickenhawks in Washington refuse to listen to him anymore, his stratagems for containing the Eastern bloc and maintaining primacy of the American Empire are still the standard of western perpetual war psyops, the characteristics of which can be found in every recent conflict that the media has covered, especially Ukraine.

Isn't learning fun?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I hope Russia invades Eastern Ukraine. I hope it creates civil war. I hope our boys are put in harms way and we get our ass handed to us. Our country mainly our government needs a good ass kicking. America hasn't fought a real enemy in decades. It sounds harsh but what else is it going to take for the American people to realize we need to quit poking our nose where it doesn't belong. Maybe the troops will finally wake up as well. I'm not even proud to call myself an American anymore. This country has abandoned it's people and needs a big gigantic reset and maybe a real war will give that to us. God knows we need an economic reset.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenMtnBoys

It's time are top military brass, politicians, etc. get their "chit" pushed in and hard!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I hope, the EU stays out of this and follows the diplomatic way.

sorry, it's easy for you 'Mericans speaking about war and militarised intervention, when 2 freaking big oceans seperate you from the rest of the world and the "agressors". I think, the voices here would be entirely different, when this would happen on "your" doorstep.

So, what to "do" about the situation?
Speak, speak, speak with each other and let Ukraine sort its problems out for itself.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Not trying to be rude but we US citizens should focus on fixing our major problems in our corrupt government >

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

That's the problem, if anything was to occur many countries would be dragged in and most likely levelled.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join