It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices up,?????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I am paying 6,8 dollars per gallon and it is quite cheap compared to most other EU nations, where highest prices for gas are up to 10 dollars (Norway). The average of EU is somewhere around 8.

How much of that price includes taxes?
In the US it's about $0.18/gallon for federal. States vary from about $0.50 to $0.08 on top of that.

edit on 4/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
just said the same thing on another thread..

Gas here in Portland/Vancouver is around 3.59-3.77/gal for regular...

don't forget about gasbuddy.com

if it hits 5/gal ...it won't be good for anyone since the prices are rolled down to the consumer in the current food prices ...
edit on 9-4-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just last night as we were cruising around town I noticed this sudden upswing in price. Last week when I filled up I paid $3.36/gallon for regular gas but last night I noticed signs ranging from $3.63 to $3.99!!! and said "What?!!!" Prices here don't usually jump that much in a week nor do we usually have that much variation from one side of town to the other.

Hmmm, I just checked the web page that gives gas prices and they have the price listed at $3.57 at the station where the sign last night said $3.99!!! They have the station where I paid $3.36 last week at $3.57 now. I'm due to be back in town tomorrow so will check further.
Just glad I have nearly a full tank for the time being....

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here it is 422,77€=585,62$ per 1000 liters = 264,17 gallons. Comes down to roughly 2,22 dollars per gallon.

Also there is a 20% VAT-tax.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

So take away the taxes and yours is $4.6 and mine is about $2.8. Still a big difference. I wonder if you're buying gas from the US. I know we're selling a good amount overseas.

edit on 4/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
USA has dozens of different fuel formulas for all the state and local regulations. That's why it's cheaper to buy gas in South jersey than right over the bridge in Philly, the city has a smog regulation formula gas that costs more to make and handle in their market. If formulas were simplified, costs could come down immediately.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry to butt in but the US is selling gas to other Countries? If so - they are going through the cost to ship the stuff elsewhere while paying to have it shipped from afar to us - instead of just trucking it to where it needs to be locally. In this case they feel it makes more sense to have barges criss crossing in the ocean than to save on the cost of swapping oil with others? It's seems an awful lot like a really dumb and expensive game. Supply and demand can work locally too if we absolutely must put up with greed as a part of the human condition.

Perhaps they have slave labor elsewhere, so just like with the diamonds you mentioned their cost is still lower after they ship it to the U. S.. I still don't get how the United States would benefit by shipping it out though - profit wise. I'm just not in my deep thinking mode right now and it baffles me.

Edit - yep...I see we are exporting it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Sorry to butt in but the US is selling gas to other Countries?

You betcha:
g.foolcdn.com...

Supply and demand. Higher prices overseas means we can sell it for more over there.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Then go dig a hole in the ground or collect your rain water. I prefer modern infrastructure and the ability to flip a handle or turn a knob and use it at my discretion. I get your point but it's moot. I'm talking about the increase in gas prices not the philosophical debate of why we should pay for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
you know i always find it interesting that people in the US constantly gripe about the "high price of gas". are US gas prices high? sure they are but it is still the CHEAPEST gas around.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The price of necessary things are all going to keep going up, up, up .

All that buzz about smart meters and electrical fog and such is just there to turn attention away from the real reason I see coming later, with a little daily or weekly, or maybe even by the hour research into consumption patterns, wall street will be betting on that too.

Your electric and gas bill at home may be just as unpredictable as fuel prices for your car are now.

The only way to get a handle on expenses is to stop using technologies one cannot afford without going into debt to get them, good luck with that one since nearly everyone is almost helpless without their easy peazy laid back lazy lifestyles.

Get a grip by letting go, stop participating and those who depend on you for their easy profits won't have it so easy anymore and will have to ask a fair price to make that sale, not charge whatever they want on a whim because you all are basically addicted to what they have to sell you.

Downsize now in preparation for what all of us can see coming, if only we could be honest with ourselves about what we can see coming in the future.

-Or-

Just keep doing what you're doing, that's exactly what the greedy heartless bastards want you to do.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenMtnBoys

Here in bc , we pay on average $1.35- $1.40 which would be about $5.52 a gallon. We here havent seen gas below a dollar alitre in about 8-9 years....consider your self lucky, there are countries that have even worse prices then canada.

In 2005, in my home town, gas prices jumped from 62cents per litre to 90 cents in i rediculously short period of time (just 2-3 months) then they slowly kept raising the taxes on gas and BAMB we are at $1.38L today. its sad that in less then ten years gas more then doubled in price.. Has our consumption rate of gas really doubled to acommedate the price or is it just greedy countries and corporations?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just went up from $3.50 to $3.99 yesterday.
And unlike politics, when you get pissed off at the gas prices, you have no idea who to yell at.
Talk about frustration.

Maybe one day, we will have a new fuel to deal with. Maybe after the Oil guys figure they have enough money.
(enough,.......BWahahahahahahah! I tickle myself)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
$5/gal still seems to be the setpoint for stalling a large segment of the U.S. economy. Most of the country outside of major cities is designed around long commutes, public transportation isn't so great even when it is available, and minimum wage doesn't really pay enough. When it costs people too much to go to work, places with low wages like Walmart and fast food will shut down when they start having no-shows. Either that or people just cut really really tight on their budget, and the end result is a good section of the economy shuts down. (People stop eating out, cancel cable, etc.) It almost happened once already, so it's no surprise when it's liable to happen again.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Don't play their game, use the car as minimally as possible.
1. No cruising the streets just for the fun of it (who does that?)
2. Make a list and pick up what you need in one trip
3. Plan your trip in the most logistically way possible
4. Avoid detours and money sucking routes (sitting in traffic)
5. Try to get a telework pilot started at your place of employment
(other workers will thank you while they breeze through their trip to work)
6. Keep tires inflated and tune up regularly
7. Do stay-cations and enjoy your home.
8. Avoid buying gas like the plague if you can at all help it

Here in Ontario we are paying 131.7 per litre for now, but this is the long holiday weekend coming up so they won't stay there long.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by GreenMtnBoys

Someone made a thread the other day about how gas was on average $1.90 when Obama went into office. I couldn't believe it I had to check and they were right. Almost the entire year before was on average that price.

Seriously, have the prices been up so high, so long, that most of us don't complain anymore?
It seems to be a trend just like the TSA. At first everyone bitches, then later we all just stop and take it for granted!

I think that suck's.

S&F, AB
edit on 4/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

At some point people just get used to it. I wonder what the price would need to rise to before people revolt?

I mean I admit my own herd mentality...I see 3.70/gallon here and think...meh

So I guess I am part of the problem

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So right before the global recession, prices for gas in US was $4.50 a gallon and then Bush opened the reserves, and Obama began his presidency with $2.00 a gallon.
Yes Bush began economic easing...AKA bailouts...and FED $ production....and Obama continued it
And pushed for more Free $ First to Banks, then to Car manufacturers and now to the non working class

But the point...last time gas was this high here...the economy collapsed

We are not equipped to keep up this kind of energy spending ...

X
edit on 16-4-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: i spell poorly

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"The non working class"

I think I just coined a phrase.

Please give me credit if it is owed

If it is not, please point me toward whom ever has said this before
I think I outta collaborate

x

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You sodding crybabies....

I pay 14.68Sek (swedish) Per Litre...
Thats 8$ per gallon...
Chew on that complainers.....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Miccey
You sodding crybabies....

I pay 14.68Sek (swedish) Per Litre...
Thats 8$ per gallon...
Chew on that complainers.....

do you drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join