It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this will hit you hard but U.S citizens I have a question

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Why is his way of thinking weird?

Try thinking for yourself, you might like it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Because there are more than five senses.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
reply to post by Elton

That's a weird way to think of things, at only what you can see! You're doing fine, some homelessman spent his money on fast food, he would have been healthier going hungry! Innocent people are in Guantanamo bay eating cockmeat sandwiches if Hollywood is correct(they probably will be on that one)and how many are unemployed? How many families have kids out in the middle east #ing their own minds up with grief and guilt? Can you not feel those people?

Am I my brother's keeper?

You can get a salad and milk, juice or water really cheap at a fast food restaurant if you desire.

I give to homeless when I can (hell, I used to give to PBS).

Hopefully Guantanamo will close and the USA will stop extraordinary renditions as well. I think the next few elections will be interesting.

Sadly unemployment is a problem, maybe someday we can get our manufacturing jobs back. I am thankful we have Unemployment Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Catholic Charities, Food Banks, and shelters.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

Lol,
What does that even mean?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You think with your senses?

Maybe I said it wrong, it's unusual for me to think purely on what I see or seen, hear or heard, etc
edit on th2014-04-09T19:48:59-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 19:48:59 -05002014p07 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
This question is from an observative pov, and it's very very small. You'll be surprised at how small I can get it.

>9/11
>black flag
>no revolt
>???

>???=Country destruction

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

one human being is not everyone and you can't see everything or know everyone, so most people live their lives behind mental walls and only worry about what is within their grasp, in their daily lives only.

you can't expect everyone to put others before themselves and be a hero for the world, that only happens to those who are desperate and have nothing left but an ideal.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

namehere

one human being is not everyone and you can't see everything or know everyone, so most people live their lives behind mental walls and only worry about what is within their grasp, in their daily lives only.

you can't expect everyone to put others before themselves and be a hero for the world, that only happens to those who are desperate and have nothing left but an ideal.

Very well said.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

How do you form thoughts, opinions and such if you do not see or hear?
You are a very confusing person.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

Yeah but the thing is, you're not really individuals. Humans can't exist as a singular, the race would end! We are a ccollective group, does each cell of your skin not have its own nucleus which is an individual in this universes illusion? So are you one person or a trillion atoms? And if you are the trillion atoms, what about the space between? Isn't that the same space in the atoms of the air particles? So you are also the air around you then!

Your perception of self blinds you

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
This question is from an observative pov, and it's very very small. You'll be surprised at how small I can get it.

>9/11
>black flag
>no revolt
>???

No revolt because it wasn't done by the US gov.
Why revolt?

There was a sort of revolution though. Just not against the Gov.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We did revolt. Against sanity.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Well there's one sense I just call knowing, I just know,

It's like the universe brings one perception, and this sense puts it in perspective
edit on th2014-04-09T20:07:12-05:0020143030-05:00Wed, 09 Apr 2014 20:07:12 -05002014p08 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

I would have to ask this of you.

Prove it. I happen to believe that there are more. They just haven't been discovered yet.

Tibetan Monks can achieve all sorts of things that scientists once said were impossible.

Science is quite often wrong.

Religion is quite often wrong.

What's the common denominator there? Humankind.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

ScottProphhit
Yeah but the thing is, you're not really individuals. Humans can't exist as a singular, the race would end! We are a ccollective group, does each cell of your skin not have its own nucleus which is an individual in this universes illusion? So are you one person or a trillion atoms? And if you are the trillion atoms, what about the space between? Isn't that the same space in the atoms of the air particles? So you are also the air around you then!

Your perception of self blinds you

I am an individual, I am also part of a collective we can call humanity.

To abuse your analogy: when a cell in my body dies I do not mourn it's passing, I continue to live and am thankful for the cell that replaces it. One day that life will end and I do not expect all of humanity (the collective) to mourn my loss for hopefully on that day many new lives are born and we can celebrate that instead! I will not cut off my nose to spite my face (so to speak).

If you insist on action then you can take that action. My path lies downstream and I no longer need to swim against the current.

I also do not see how creating a power vacuum in the USA helps humanity as a whole. Maybe you just don't like the USA?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I would like to! I've only barely proven it to myself! I think alot of people randomly tap into their senses and if they don't know how they done it they can't reproduce and train it, my 'knowing'(I just named the sense and I hate the name, sounds arrogant)told me that there are over 45 senses that aren't in the 'official' 5

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

It wasn't an analogy. Your cells are conscious. That's how you think! It's not just the brain, I mean youre a guy you know you can think with your junk, its the same with everything else it's just connected together. All of everything is. The beautiful, sad thing is that we have to perceive ourselves as seperate to experience ourselves as one. Until then though, the universe is an illusion

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

You Elton are ruining the OPs eitheric outsider's psudo-philosophies with your down to earth real life thoughts and personal observations......

Keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Except he didn't make much sense

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

We have the five senses...

But we also have a individual sense. (How we react to stimuli day to day)

A collective sense. (Family, tribe religion ideology and even race)

And what I would call a overall sense. (Where we feel for others that we have no interaction with, whether good or bad)

But humankind is pretty much stuck in the perception sense. Reality is what we perceive. And that can be a manipulated or honest view of what we see going on around us.

I've traveled the world and mostly have met great people, even in the worst of situations, but I've also met (and been myself) a @$$hole at times.

To use a phrase I really, really hate. It is, what it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join