It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would life on other worlds mean to YOUR religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Brothers:

It is fairly certain that there was sea life on Mars long ago, roughly paralleling the sea life that existed on Earth during the same epoch.

Men were burned at the stake for daring to state that life existed on other worlds besides earth.

I haven't seen this question yet in this forum, so I will ask it: What does the existence of (past) life on Mars, and the (probable) existence of life on other worlds mean for your religion? How does that influence your Views on God, and creation, and the Universe as a whole?

What are the spiritual ramifications of having kindred life forms all throughout the universe? I am curious to see.

If you wish to see for yourself, here is the proof of a Mars fossil.

Mars Fossils (For real)

Tell me brothers, what does this revelation do for YOUR mind?

Arkaleus

[Edited on 26-11-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well, i'm sure for catholics it would be utter shock. For me, having been brought up a catholic, but you might say a devout catholic from home, this is quite interesting and does not in anyway shock me. Of course we're not alone in this universe. Only narrow minded people, and i know many, are in denial about such things.
I can hear it now. If i ever dared tell my mother i believed such things she's have me put away
So, i dont bring it up in daily conversation because who needs the ridicule? I dont. I figure, there are many many people like my mother, which is probably why the worlds governments dont want the truth to be known.
I tried talking to her about the new world order one day,
She made the sign of the cross and told me to stop with the nonsense RIGHT NOW. LOL...Ignorance is bliss

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We can't all be wise and free. Look at the fossiles for yourself and learn about the greatest discovery that mankind has yet made in the solar system.

I want to hear your interpretations of this discovery! What kind of Creation brings us such glorious wonders? How much more Glory is added to man's worship of God's name when He sees the Marvellous dimension of His creation!

Speak and rejoice in this new light and add to your religion and reform yourselves in reason.

Arkaleus

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
In my struggles to deny ignorance as it were, I hold to my own thoughts on the creator. I see it less as an active intelligence, but more of a thing now lay sleeping since the creation of all things seen and unseen. It has occasionaly waken from its slumber, but those times are less and less as man controls his own destinies more and more.

God, is now a passive force, dreaming. While it has the ability to touch the lives of us all, it does so for guidance, and less for our more selfish reasons we beg God for help.

I live a blessed life, while I have my own troubles, they are trivial considering there are people in this world, starving and dying, and just trying to continue on, and they do not even have a roof over their heads nor blankets to warm their children.

All of the things which I voice my complaints about my own selfish needs about are nothing compared to the suffering of the less fortunate out there.

So while I digress, life on other planets, it was in God's design. Now if we can find our missing brothers and sisters, or maybe if they can find us we can all sit down and share a brewski. lol

Peace out,

-ADHDsux4me

P.S. Jeez, I went off-topic for a short reply needed!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i am new here...that said, here is my opinion....god is living and active,,sharper than a double edged sword..life on other plannets? well has anyone read the book of enoch? or the book of genesis for that matter? it seems to me that god made it clear that life comes in many diferent forms...he talkes about watchers in enoch,..sons of god he calls them in genesis, all super human beings that interfere with human life...i think we today have small minds and try to make safe realitys for ourselves.. we just need to relax, and realize we have a magnificient creator who is fully capable of magnificent things...far beyond our imagination and our knowing..on these subjects i always think we cannot know untell we are fully known...like it says in job..ya know.."now we know in part,as through a glass darkly..but then we will know even as we are fully known"

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe intelligence is older than Earth. I would also expect that intelligence would have already formed its own government and establishment in this universe.

Human life on this world is probably the result of the activity of this intelligence. Intelligence, therefore is extratrerrestial, but our bodies are not. We are very clearly made from this earth, and our parts resemble the more primitive forms of life that are here. We are made from them, but our minds are not.

Shrink the earth down to about the size of a pea. That's how it looks to you from now on. That puts things in the correct perspective. It helps us understand our true place in the pantheon of the order of intelligence - Mankind is really a godlike creation.

Our intellect can learn and assemble EVERY phtysical aspect of this universe. Given enough experience and energy, we can create whole worlds, even stars, since the processees are understood. We are stilla rather young species, but our POTENTIAL for developing into gods is something that has been understood for thousands of years.

The marriage of science and spirit is happy one, and they are fond lovers of one another. I can only imagine the joy of Jesus as you showed him a fossil from Mars, or a picture of a distant world. These things delight the human intellect, they are filled with the pleasure of sense and understanding, there is no child that does not love a rocketship.

Adults are wrong to lost this sense when they become grown. It seems rather foolish to lead a modern, leisure oriented society away from their appreciation of the universe and space science.

Forming a sense of the universe is a crucial step in spiritual development, and science has obligated us to grow. We hare in a unique time in history, a threshold has been reached. Our eye has finally opened.

Arkaleus

[Edited on 27-11-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
not a godlike creation waiting to become gods..we are formed emogadeo...in the immage of him...jesus. also i do not think god would be surprised or taken aback by a fossil on mars, if they are there he put them there...also i dont think we can see the world from a large viewpoint because i believe us to be simple creatures....like i said in last post

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It conferms what i already knew. Those who don't believe on the simple bases that (IMO) it isn't mention in the Bible are somwhat ignorant to life in genral.

There is life on other worlds!

Proof?

I advice you read one of Robert Temples books or maybe one of Robert Bauvals earlyer work.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I read some of Graham Hancock's work a while back, Fingerprints of the Gods. Him and R. Bauval along with Anthony West have put forth a marvellous collection of theories that would give more accurate dating of the Egyptian megaliths.

They put the age of the sphinx at around 17,000 years, which according to the books is "fabulously" old.

The concept of gods initating earthly civilization is common to all ancient societies that arose after the deluge. I am certain that this is the trace of a glboal civilization, or body of knowledge that was extant before the deluge, and was preserved by the efforts of a few chosen ones who survived.

Because the deluge was anticipated by these survivors indicates that the deluge was triggered by celestrial mechanics, or perhaps an impact of some sort, and the sign of it could be seen in its precipitation.

I believe that great life in the universe has taken a spiritual form, or in other words, exists in a high form of matter than we do. Their bodies and minds are made of a higher, more refined "stuff" than we are. We are beings with a special potential of being able to rise ot this level, or to regress into lower forms, and both states exist on this world together. it is a mess, but a very useful one.

Arky

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
G. Hanocock, R. Bauval and A. West followed te money where it led and it led to the crankiness their eary work is good their late work is utter rubish, that can be debunked alot. More so in the case of West and Bauval i believe that ASTRA done a great bit of debunking on both of their works on sevral theories.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have lost interest in their work as of late too.

I think it's because Mr. Hancock flew a little too close to the sun. He was SOO close to the truth, and it's SOO important for us to understand the subject matter he gave us.

Have you ever read the Timaeus, shorty? I would be delighted to discuss it with you. You can find it online, if you don't have Plato's dialogues laying around your den.

Arky

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Platos stuff, he's the old guy, right? I think i have a few bits here but i havent got round to reading them yet.

Not heard of Timaeus, but ill be sure to check out whatever he/she has done as well.

Have you hear or read any of Duncan Lunans work. I cant say i have but i know a freind of his and know a bit of what he is up to. I understand he is of the same field.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
For those religious among you, there is a passage/quote from the bible, saying something to effect of" i have other sheep that are not of this fold"
Ive always thought that might elude there being life other than on earth?
Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i wonder if you knew that their was life on other plannets would that change your life now? how does this affect your life? does this prove or dis prove something to you?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
like your belief in god..or lack there of

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I grew up reading science fiction. Space travel was my favorite. I loved good movies and TV shows on the subject. If I knew for certain that life existed "out there" someplace, I think I'd feel a kind of relief.
Lately, I have been wondering if all UFO's and Aliens were demonic. So many of them have names very similar to ancient Gods, and many people have reported feeling an uneasiness at first upon seeing or being abducted.
Yes, I tend to "keep tabs" on UFO reports.
I know of no reason to think that God created life only on this one planet, and I do believe in creationism. However, since I am not all-knowing or all powerful, I leave the how to Him.
I do not see extra-terrestrial life changing my beliefs. No matter where life may exist, Jesus will always be my Savior. No way to change that.
Some of my beliefs and opinions may bounce off the walls (see some of my other posts), and I may not always live as I should, but without Him, I am only a shell.
If life could be proven to exist on other planets, I'd feel even more honored than I do now that He takes the time to listen to me when I talk to Him. With even more voices crying for His attention, how would he ever find the time to answer my prayers as He does?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i tend to feel the same...if life on other plannets was a proven fact jesus would still be my savior...there was a song in the 70s that said..."if their is life on other plannets, then surely he must know, and he has been there once already and died to save their soul".....in the book of enoch ( i am so interested in this book lately...they quote it in jude) they talk about how their are fallen angels or demons who are involved in destructive forces on the earth...i believe that it is possible that it may be....i am not for sure but...maybee these are the "aliens" people encounter..........i am only a small person with a great god! and all i can do is give my opinion...but one thing is for sure...one day i know we will know fully...all that needs to be known.......................hey have you ever read the book of enoch??

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If I knew there was life on other worlds (im certain there is) It just solidfies my beleif that there is more "life/creation/the perfection of" than mere fluke as Darwins theory seems to support. Just a good look at the workings of our biosphere, how perfectly it fits together, suggest more than Sheer fluke evolution to me. Its too perfect.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
everything on this plannet and this universe is amazing we only grow blind by our own fault of the notion of normal.....make any sence?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The effect would be confirmation of where we have come from and where we are going, of course. Nice of you to tip a hat towards Mars.

'Aliens' remain a geocentric and homo sapiens centric notion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join