It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN and FOX News Completely Ignored Mississippi's New Anti-Gay Segregation Law

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Doesn't Canada though actually have a state religion, just like mother England?
Yes. We call it hockey.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Yes. We call it hockey.

LOL. You got me there.
edit on 18-4-2014 by SevenThunders because: quote fix

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
It really had nothing to do with me liking your questions or not. I just became overwhelmed from the anger directed toward me, all at once, for an issue I am not really part of(not gay or MS resident). My issue has and still is the MSM. I never had an issue otherwise here on ATS, most are civil, it was just this thread and messages people sent from it. Unfortunately you popped on right after the 'should be burned at the stake for heresy' comment in which I lumped most of you all together at that point.
Ironic how my personal bias got the better of me.

It happens to the best of us really, but just because questions may overwhelm you, doesn't mean they were personal. Regarding the MSM, they have selectively decided many of stories that I am sure all of us here on ATS would question....what the heck man? I personally can care less of your associations, they do not pertain to the underlying question at hand...and that has been a problem here on ATS from what I have found; apparently, people need an attachment to feel validated. I on the other hand, do not.

I can understand how, through posting here, we can lump together posters and I appreciate your explanation. I know that I can come off cold and unassuming, but I truly desire the facts of a situation before I commit my emotions and my logic to it. As such, this thread drew out my barrier in which was exhibited in the beginning.

...the ultimate conclusion that it is impossible for humans to achieve.

I question this...why do you feel this way? There will always be roadblocks and resistance when it comes to fostering a new way of thinking. For instance, while I personally hold no desire towards applying state power to gay marriage; I also understand that such denial via the State is beyond the aspects of the Government that serves them.

Here is teh kicker though, regarding my above statement...while I adhere to the above aforementioned, it leads me to believe that States can deny such if the People so do desire. It may sound queer or counter-intuitive, but it really is the system designed some 220+ years ago to ensure that the Federal Government wasn't dictating the pure democratic factories of the States.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

I simply feel that way because as a human, it's impossible to see anything objectively, in relation to humans. It reminds me of the laws of the speed of light, we can get close to it someday(99.9999999999%), but never actually reach it 100%. To view an politics or really anything we would have to relate it back as it associates to our own reality or history. I don't think computers we program could achieve this state of being with 100% precision, either. They are programmed by humans.
If I ask you to look at an alien species out in space somewhere and then ask you to describe what they are doing. You would have to pull information based on your existence here on earth, as a human, to define it. I feel that's flawed and unfortunately, not to get off topic, it is the reason we can't understand the universe as a system right now. Time is a human construct, all our scientists use it that way and they shouldn't.

I've lost my train of thought.
Maybe I should tell you I was a victim of these laws also, in a small way. When I was a business owner I had a gay male working for me. I was a pretty liberal boss for the most part, I try to be fair. But one day he put a screen-saver of several men in speedos on his computer, much to the dislike of the other male staff. None of the other men had pictures of women as screen-saver's, but still I said nothing. The reason being if I did tell him to get rid of it, I knew what was to come! So I waited a couple of weeks and addressed several office code issues together at once, one being screen-saver's changed to company logo. Problem solved!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

I'm starting to see your point come across more and more now as time has moved on.
I find myself now on the fence with this issue because it is being used more and more as a weapon of reverse discrimination by the GLTB group.

Recently a baker was legally forced to bake 'specific' cakes for gay marriage couples. These are special order items not cupcakes or bread from a walk in purchase. Being religious they were offended and the state forced them to do it and in turn made them take classes in sensitivity training. That has gone over the line, if I was the baker I would replace the sugar with salt.

As I sit here pondering this now. . .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join