It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is this happening because the White House doesn't trust the National Guard to side with them over the states in the event of internal strife? Fed vs State?

This on top of the recent changes in the top brass?

The National Guard is following a direct order — but it’s not happy with it. All of the Guard’s AH-64 Apache helicopters are scheduled to go to the active Army, and there’s nothing its top brass can do about it.
“None of us like what we’re having to do,” National Guard Chief Gen. Frank Grass told members of the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday, the military website Defense One reported. “My big concern right now is figuring out how I’m going to move, and how many states I’m going to have an impact on, and what’s the cost of facilities and to retrain pilots. I’ve got to tackle that because the decision’s been made.”

Link to article.
edit on 4/9/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

There ya go! It appears the Feds have shown their hand and the writing is on the wall!

Nice catch OP!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Seems like Obama is gearing up for martial law. You know, one of those executive orders he like to throw around just to bypass Congress. What a deuce!

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

w8tn4it

Seems like Obama is gearing up for martial law. You know, one of those executive orders he like to throw around just to bypass Congress. What a deuce!

This isn't Obama! Perhaps you are correct that Obama Is the current "order taking puppet" but this is the works of the Technocrats whom most people refer to as the "shadow government"!

I wish that people would just take an educated peek at the works of the Tri-Lateral Commission and their goals! As long as the citizens of the United States keep believing in the two party system, we are doomed! They are being controlled to take away the sovereignty of our country to bring in the Technocratic society that Brezinski and Rockefeller were a big part of creating in 1979!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
After reading the full article it makes some sense. They did say they were switching the guard over to UH-60 Black Hawks. Seems more like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm glad that folks on ATS never sensationalize titles like the LSM! War with the National Guard...please. Of course they don't like losing their Apaches, they're cool! But, they're getting a different type more effective for their mission.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Feltrick

I'm glad that folks on ATS never sensationalize titles like the LSM! War with the National Guard...please. Of course they don't like losing their Apaches, they're cool! But, they're getting a different type more effective for their mission.

you do realize that I copied the title from the source of article correct?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
IN other words, this is a reallocation of assets?

Makes sense to me, if they are replacing the OH58's with Apache's taking over their role, and giving the Nat'l guard units, the Blackhawks...

Since the Afghan drawdown is in process, the guard units having the UH-60s seems to be an effective move to give them more CONUS ability in reacting to callups for disaster relief?

Wash Times must be desperate for web hits with a headline like that

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Feltrick

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only person on this website who notices the silliness.

I love this website but some people seem to make a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

From Source:

Advocates of the Army’s decision say that the Black Hawks actually benefit the Guard because they are an incredible asset for disaster relief efforts.

Classic...

That's the same thing as taking someone's .45 away and handing them a Pellet Gun.

Sucks to be Guard.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Please see above...
edit on 4/9/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Could you fix that link it won't open and copy paste not working..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

ParanoidAmerican

Could you fix that link it won't open and copy paste not working..

I'm on mobile and can't seem to get it.

Please, mods?

ETA: Thank you!
edit on 4/9/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Feltrick

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only person on this website who notices the silliness.

Git out yer gurns, the Obama is gunna call da marshal law!..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Thanks for that. Ha. I'm still laughing.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Understand and that's why I include "...like the LSM." I mean, your first paragraph of your post sensationalizes the article as well and is baseless speculation. Why would the Army take back the Apaches and give the National Guard Blackhawks? Hmmmmmm.....

Advocates of the Army’s decision say that the Black Hawks actually benefit the Guard because they are an incredible asset for disaster relief efforts.

It actually makes sense when you think about it...right? The National Guard swoops in, along with the Coast Guard, to help citizens during disasters. I bet a Blackhawk can do that job better than, oh, I don't know, an attack helicopter. Sure, if the disaster was being caused by Godzilla, the National Guard could use Apaches!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Funny, just saw 3 Apaches flying over my house about 10 mins ago...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well if you think about it... what does the national guard need attack helicopters for?
This is nothing more than just a shuffling around of equipment, and although it sounds bad, it's just all the top dogs who already have massive egos flexing at one another. Those choppers are most useful to the army than the National guard needs them.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Speculation
After reading the full article it makes some sense. They did say they were switching the guard over to UH-60 Black Hawks. Seems more like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The UH-60 is a much better fit for the Guard mission. And the 58 is next to worthless in the ATO/ITO.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Mountains from molehills? Try a deep underground military base full of aliens out of a rumor.

On the surface of this article is seems like there's some sensational shenanigans occurring, but after reading more it seems more to me like some kid is mad someone else is getting his favorite toys instead of looking at the better ones he's getting instead.

The troop carrier seems to fit the roll of the national guard a lot more so than an attack helicopter.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Mapkar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join