Zombie Apocalypse Survival - ATS Needs a Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Zombie Apocalypse Survival - ATS Needs a Plan

So who doesn't love a zombie apocalypse? Anybody? Got to admit I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead and George Romero. Due to that I've pondered what my personal survival plan would be in an end of the world zombie epidemic. I've read all the stories and articles I could find and have determined that while my immediate survival chances may be OK long term survival is not assured.

That said I suspect many of us may be in similar circumstances and wanted to think about really coming up with a long term, easy to follow plan to surviving a global zombie apocalypse. This might be by timelines or topics such as the following:
    1. SHTF zombies attack everything right after lunch on Tuesday, where's my gun?
    2. Made it home, barricaded in, what now?
    3. Been barricaded for weeks no food left, supply run?
    4. The King of Costco, now what?

-or-

1. I know zombies are coming, got my gear and food all set. Let's do an inventory.
    2. People still need wheels even if zombies control the gas stations, how to fill-up w/o electricity.
    3. Better Homes and Bunkers. Easy living during the apocalypse.
    4. Chic zombie resistant clothing. Kevlar, Nike or both?

You get the idea. Most of us have some idea at least partially about what we need and would do during the zombie apocalypse. My thoughts were to take ALL those ideas, condense the most usable pieces into a simple to follow ATS survival plan. Or pick and choose the parts that work for you locally or regionally and make your own plan.

As this is for the zombi epidemic I didn't use the survival forum to post this though (hopefully) many of ideas will be applicable to other natural disasters. After all the National Guard probably would take a dim view of you and your buddies storming Costco after a tornado or something and claiming it as your new fiefdom. So think zombies and thanks to any who wish to take part in this thread.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's a shot of my ultimate zombie free house from the "Better Homes and Bunkers" section of the plan. While it requires a boat that is no issue personally. More concerning is how much food, etc could be stockpiled and where the local fish were zombie-fish.

Obviously going to need a good zombie car to get to the marina. It should be secure and have room for supplies as well. I've decided to follow Woody's choice with a Hummer as he has prior expertise in the matter.

Weapons are always personal so I'll go with the basics, 12 shotgun, 2 .40+ call hi-capacity semiautomatics and lots of ammo. As I have both a katana and a Louisville slugger that's tougher. Going with the slugger as the katana always gets stuck when it chops into stuff.

That's the basics for me. Mods if you feel we may really have a zombie apocalypse please move this to the survival thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
While you're at it, make a plan for a unicorn invasion as well.
Or maybe Santa's Elves.

Instead of wasting time "preparing" for a fictional scenario, why don't you develop a plan of action in case you lose power for an extended time.
Or an earthquake.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

What kinda zombies are we talkin here?

Walking dead/night of the living dead zombies? Ye know the kind that just straggle along...

OR

The newer kind that run/sprint after you relentlessly?

IF it were the classic zombies I think it would just be a big killing party... kinda fun actually LOL

Sprinting zombies would scare the hell out of me though

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Talking about zombies in the survival forum is like talking about eating play-doe in the cooking forum.
Zombies aren't real and are just a fad.
Should of put this in the jokes forum where it makes most sense.
Zombies aren't real....I wish people would quit acting so childish about it.

This isn't a real survival situation....its a bad joke.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

That plan is already in place. This is in the general chit chat forum to have fun with.

Fun...? Fun, you've heard of it, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you must be thinking World war Z right ? the zombies that sprint after you. haha those were not zombies. hahah
edit on 9-4-2014 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, I hate fast zombies too. I'll let the posters decide though. If we need to be specific how about medium speed, not the shufflers and not the real fast ones either.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, I hate fast zombies too. I'll let the posters decide though. If we need to be specific how about medium speed, not the shufflers and not the real fast ones either.

This is the movie that introduced sprinting zombies to the world I believe...

Awesome flick

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Zombie Apocalypse Survival....Oh, I remember that one. I drank three Zombies one day at the Duck. I was in a severe stuper the next day. Thank god for coffee

Maybe if we feed the Zombies coffee we can wake them up. It is an opioid receptor antagonist.
Better have a lot of coffee in stock for this particular apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by Bassago

Talking about zombies in the survival forum is like talking about eating play-doe in the cooking forum.
Zombies aren't real and are just a fad.
Should of put this in the jokes forum where it makes most sense.
Zombies aren't real....I wish people would quit acting so childish about it.

This isn't a real survival situation....its a bad joke.

My youngest has some playdoh that smells like blueberries. I tried a little when she wasnt looking... it tastes like playdoh.

Zombies are most certainly real. They mainly come out in summer here.. shuffling around with their clothes hanging off of them. I mean their pants are falling off! They make these strange noises. I think its some sort of language, but Im not sure. They are usually in small groups and then they run into other small groups.. that becomes a large group of shuffling things that eat everything in sight.. and shamble along with their clothes hanging off...
Some people call them teenagers. I prefer the proper term.. zombies.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Actually coffee is one thing I did forget about in my bug out bag. Thanks for the reminder.

Zombies can get their own coffee.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Joke forum. You've heard of it right? Let's not waste a legitimate thread talking about the Easter Bunny.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Bassago

4. Chic zombie resistant clothing. Kevlar, Nike or both?

I'd say leather - not completely zombie proof but it'll definitely help against teeth. Just my 2 cents.

rangerdanger

Let's not waste a legitimate thread

Were you forced to click on this thread?
edit on 9-4-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by rickymouse

Actually coffee is one thing I did forget about in my bug out bag. Thanks for the reminder.

Zombies can get their own coffee.

They only drink that sissy coffee.. like a chocolate and cotton candy mocha crappa frappio or whatever..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Zombieland rules.

Always follow the Zombieland rules (particularly the "Double Tap" one):

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

rangerdanger
reply to post by Bassago

Joke forum. You've heard of it right? Let's not waste a legitimate thread talking about the Easter Bunny.

Mods can move as they see fit.

You don't have to partake if you're offended. Now please either let it go or stay on topic.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I prefer to call people on their phones while walking down the street zombies...but I don't have to worry about those people,they already have shown me what they are made of.
Dick Cheney was actually the first zombie...go figure.

I do seriously hate zombie talk,walking dead and idiotic movies as survival forum material though.
Its my favorite forum and i hate it being crapped on and taken lightly.
Also,when making survival plans....ats members don't come to mind.
edit on 9-4-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You need a periscope to see them without them seeing you. Store some cat pee and test if they come closer or go away
edit on 9-4-2014 by dollukka because: typo

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by Advantage

I prefer to call people on their phones while walking down the street zombies...but I don't have to worry about those people,they already have shown me what they are made of.
Dick Cheney was actually the first zombie...go figure.

I do seriously hate zombie talk,walking dead and idiotic movies as survival forum material though.
Its my favorite forum and i hate it being crapped on and taken lightly.

I hear you.. but this is general chit chat. I think its fitting.
A lot of folks use "zombie" as a "wild card" prep term... I dont like it cause all I can do is make jokes. LOL!

Whats REALLY scary is that sometimes using the term is the ONLY way to engage and get some of the idiots out there to even consider thinking about a scenario where they wont have running water and electricity!
If there is a SHTF scenario.. those folks will be the real zombies. Fast moving ones. SCARY!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I do seriously hate zombie talk,walking dead and idiotic movies as survival forum material though. Its my favorite forum and i hate it being crapped on and taken lightly.

Which is exactly why I put it in the chit chat forum. I agree with your opinion. I was joking in my statement to the mods on that. We have a better chance of being hit with 357 simultaneous ELE asteroids next Friday at 1:00PM than a zombie apocalypse. Or do we?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join