It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot and Kill Man for Watering Lawn

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

It's in the news again because the family just won the lawsuit .

I don't see your point about what he had in his system. It's completely irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Idk when we decided it was ok to be wrong in such situations. I mean, if you (cop or not) shoot someone because you think they maybe dangerous to you. Then it turns out you misinterpreted the situation. It should still be your @$$. Especially with police. They are the ones armed trained and paid to deal with such things. Not regular citizens who reach inside there jacket to get there ID only to be shot dead by a cop that was never in danger in he first place....

Really screw all the conspiracy theory stuff. This is actually the worst part of American society, and it crosses the party devied.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You guys really have some retarded cops in USA. So the man was shot, then shot again few more times, after that he fell and the cops continued shooting just for the "Why not, he's dead already. It'll be just another fun shooting practice"?

Most of your cops should have whistles instead of guns to call for help from normal citizens, that are not brain dead.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Bedlam

spooky24
The District Attorney's Office is appealing the monetary award.

Of that, I have no doubt. I wonder if it hurts having FOP's hand up his ass when they use him as a puppet.

Very well put.

Sad that this is what we common folk have to deal with in our 'legal' system though.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by baburak

So the man was shot, then shot again few more times, after that he fell and the cops continued shooting just for the "Why not, he's dead already. It'll be just another fun shooting practice"?

If there was a fly on the wall back at the precinct, he may have heard something to the effect of 'Wow, did you see the way that dude bled out after we shot him?'
Like the cop that blew the head off a dog and bragged about it.
We mean nothing to them.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

SirKonstantin

That was quicker and certainly cheaper than hiring a hit man.

Slogan: Cops, They'll Kill for Free, Whomever It May Be!

Regards,

what a great way to get rid of someone you don't like....just call the police on them, and say they were waving a gun around and threatening neighbors....the police will show up and kill him for you....cheap, lawful, and you won't be held accountable.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

There are always going to be people, who upon calculating self interest, will decide that joining the Fascists is beneficial.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

At this point in time in America, a once free country, if police with guns drawn confront you either in your home or outside you have only two choices shoot first and die or just die. Police seem to have some kind of idea that if they pull their weapon someone has to be shot before they can return it to the holster. I'm guessing cities have laid off their negotiators to save money or the police just don't want to negotiate unless your a professional criminal.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by baburak

The first two shots are the arrest. The next three are the trial and the final four are sentencing.

American arrogance, ignorance and love of brute force all rolled up into one neat package.

You can only dehumanize people for so long ... until they start to believe it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Why is it hard for me to believe this story.

Guy water lawn with a hose.

Neighbors call cops saying he has a gun.

Cops come and shoot.

Sounds like a really low budget movie with no thinking.

There was probably an interaction between him and police.
edit on 4/10/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Might as well get used to this. People are too lazy to change the system. Every city with these shootings could hold the city council responsible and not reelect any member. Repeat until change.

But if one looks at the over all US political system, it is obvious people don't care enough to even choose different crooks on election day.

Not getting fixed.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Why is it hard for me to believe this story.

Because you have more common sense than the whole of the police department in that city.

Something I have learned from this is:

If I hear the sound of water spraying, I duck and head for cover since it is considered gun fire and a police assault will quickly follow.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

minusinfinity

Okay I did a quick search and discovered that this happened in 2010. Why are you posting this four years after it happened?

The family of a man fatally shot by Long Beach police in 2010 was awarded $6.5 million in damages by a federal jury on Thursday.

ktla.com...

Could it be your source looks for anything in the news only to make people angry with the government?

The police were wrong but....

He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.42% and had Valium and THC in his system at the time of his death.

Not saying he deserved to be gunned down but he wasn't just out watering his lawn.

Get the whole story before you jump 2 conclusions.

There is a subtle psyops taking place perpetrated by the conspiracy theory industry it seems. I believe(infiltration via $ funding is always in motion...everyone has a price tag they will compromise for). Whether its from the government, private interests or just plain fed up vigilantism is neither here nor there, the point is it' definitely taking place willingly and unwillingly through the use of thought-forms or MEMEtics. This article from 2010 is one grain of sand at the bottom of the oceans as an example.

Watching the Watchers since 1992

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Hmmm, I just looked for more information on this and indeed, this story is a year old. The trial ended a year ago, not a few days ago.
Look at the datelines on the stories.
Doesn't make it any less horrific.

Apparently the latest court action to come from this case was in the Supreme Court last month where they heard arguments about releasing the names of officers involved in shooting incidents.
www.scpr.org...

The California Supreme Court indicated that it's inclined to favor the public's right to know the names of officers involved in shootings. In oral arguments Tuesday, Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye suggested the California Public Records Act favors disclosure and does not allow for blanket exemptions. Listen to raw audio from the proceedings below. One justice pointed out that police wear identifying name plates in public, and another questioned whether agencies would withhold names in heroic situations. The case stems from a 2010 public records request from a Los Angeles Times reporter that was rejected by the Long Beach Police Department.

The California Supreme Court will hear arguments Tuesday in a case that could decide whether the names of police officers involved in shootings are public records. The case involving Long Beach police officers and Southern California newspapers that pits the privacy rights of cops versus the public's right to know. It started when two Long Beach police officers shot and killed Douglas Zerby, 35, in December 2010 while he sat on the front porch of a friend’s home. A 911 caller reported seeing a gun in his hand but Zerby was actually holding a black garden hose nozzle. Officers fired about a dozen shots at him. Not long after the shooting, a Los Angeles Times reporter requested the names of the officers involved and the names of all Long Beach police officers involved in shootings from 2005 to 2010. The Long Beach Police Officers Association, a union that represents rank-and-file officers, filed a lawsuit against the city of Long Beach in order to block the names from being made public.

Here's another link with video.
www.nbclosangeles.com...

A decision in the case is expected within 90 days.

Now, Spooky, if you have further info please provide us a link since Google isn't turning anything up on an appeal of the case except this. www.prbuzz.com... tml

Long Beach, CA – November 7, 2013 – On Wednesday night, Charles Parkin, the man appointed Long Beach City Attorney following the resignation of Robert Shannon, defended his decision to appeal the recent jury verdict awarding money to the family of Douglas Zerby, who was shot to death by Long Beach Police officers in December, 2010. In comments suggesting Zerby’s parents and son are akin to people looking for easy money, Parkin explained the appeal was necessary thus rejecting the notion the City should respect a federal jury’s decision to award the slain man’s family damages. "Sometimes these juries just get it wrong and when that happens usually the family of the deceased are looking to cash-in on their mistake. That is when we have to file an appeal to fix the error," Parkin said. The appeal could cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars. In April, the jury not only found police officers had violated Zerby's Constitutional rights, but further found the officers committed a battery on him. Evidence presented during the case showed that within eight minutes of a call made to police, Zerby, who the department admitted was unarmed, had been shot dead by two Long Beach officers.

However, a search of the case number turns up no formal appeal information. I have no idea what the statute of limitations is on appealing a civil award in California....anyone know?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

spooky24
I have the final report from the District Attorney's Office and they were justified in protecting themselves.

What really happened-and what underground internet sites claim to have happened is completely different.

The District Attorney's Office is appealing the monetary award.

Could you provide a link to something supporting those statements? Searching for an actual appeal on this case turns up nothing and since the case was decided a year ago....there should be paperwork somewhere in the system if an appeal has been filed.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

There was no interaction between him and the police before he was shot to death by them. The chief of police himself stated that the police officers on scene never even identified themselves to the man.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Pimpish

There was no interaction between him and the police before he was shot to death by them. The chief of police himself stated that the police officers on scene never even identified themselves to the man.

That's frkin retarded, i would get out of that city or w/e that is.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Moral of the story, don't pass out on your front porch because you might wake up dead. Also, ACAB.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

minusinfinity the person was more than inebriated.

so what? drunk, stoned, whatever. he was on his own property. minding his own business. until the goon squad arrived there was no crime being commited. they soon fixed that.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Danbones
worst part is
its the tax payer that will pay while real criminals
which that money should have gone towards arresting
will be out killing more people...

cops should pay out of pockets for effe ups like that
penny per license plate stamped
one or two cases and they will start to smarten up

The worst part about the man being killed is the money? Wow.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join