It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot and Kill Man for Watering Lawn

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Bakatono
reply to post by HomerinNC

And, let's just say, hypothetically, that it was a gun. Why must you insinuate that if he were to be legally carrying a firearm in his own yard that this means he would, without a doubt, shoot whomever happens upon him? Does the fact that someone may have a gun make them mad crazy murderers who sit in their lawns waiting for passers-by to take pot shots at?

Well, that's what people with guns always do (the police included, apparently). Don't they?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by baburak

So the man was shot, then shot again few more times, after that he fell and the cops continued shooting just for the "Why not, he's dead already. It'll be just another fun shooting practice"?

If there was a fly on the wall back at the precinct, he may have heard something to the effect of 'Wow, did you see the way that dude bled out after we shot him?'
Like the cop that blew the head off a dog and bragged about it.
We mean nothing to them.

That's just sad. I mean ... psychological test once a year could save many lives. I understand that being a cop can be stressful but if someone poses a threat to society he cannot carry a weapon and 'protect and serve'. With a little training, those homeless veterans could save lives.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

Lol grow up man. I agree with your sentiment but what your saying is not how the world works anymore. Money buys amnesia and a whole lot of other things time and time again. Money buys silence, money buys freedom, money buys corruption, money buys the physically act of sex, money literally can attain those in power anything. Like i said I agree with your sentiment - but read the news, these lawsuits happen all over America and the world all the time BECAUSE people ARE willing to settle for money in exchange for their loss....It is sad but it is the world we live in. People kill relatives for much less than that every single day.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just another example showing that ATS is not a conspiracy site. Had this information been posted on a real site veterans would have investigated the claim, gathered the media reports, articles from the print media, the public releases from the police and finally they would have accessed the 53 page report compiled by the District Attorney Office.

Then it would be placed in the hokes bin where it belongs.

Instead, here the underground media site, is totally believed without even one scant hint of anyone investigating the clams.

Typical clothes line gossip or the fish tale that just gets bigger with every one who tells it-(the garden hose-what a crock)- in my opinion it is par for the course selling snow to Eskimos.

They sell a lot of it here-and it bought up by the tons.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

luciddream
Why is it hard for me to believe this story.

Guy water lawn with a hose.

Neighbors call cops saying he has a gun.

Cops come and shoot.

Sounds like a really low budget movie with no thinking.

There was probably an interaction between him and police.
edit on 4/10/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Yes there was. He was hit by bullets issued by the police, and he interacted with them by means of dying.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
There are good and bad cops yes, but in this case I think the 6.5million dollar award sheds light on who was right and wrong in this scenario.
A vid from the time of the incident(2010) for additional perspective.

The nozzle made a sound like a gun? They say the guy was holding the nozzle with two hands like a gun. I wonder if there is any corroborative testimony to this? A tragedy for sure and I wonder if any of this was caught on officer's camera? This is why all interactions should be filmed.
edit on 9-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

Well, I have seen some sickening, disgusting displays of human behavior in my time but this was something else entirely and I mean on a whole different level.
It really pushed home, to me, how the Police and the media work hand in hand to sell the story to the public through the MSM.
Not one one journalist asked a defining question of the officers actions,WHY?, the chief read from the script set up by the blonde producer, when the relatives went to pieces everybody goes into damage control even the media and when the family friend starts asking the chief the hard questions the media should be as they are standing around IN SHOCK, like sheep. it gets shut down by the producer as the chief gets rocked by a flurry of responses.
I dont know America, cops definitely are different now, if your gonna do it you will have to do it together or not at all. if you go off half cocked it will end in tears.

here it is post edit:

edit on 10-4-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

spooky24
Just another example showing that ATS is not a conspiracy site. Had this information been posted on a real site veterans would have investigated the claim, gathered the media reports, articles from the print media, the public releases from the police and finally they would have accessed the 53 page report compiled by the District Attorney Office.

Instead, here the underground media site, is totally believed without even one scant hint of anyone investigating the clams.

Typical clothes line gossip or the fish tale that just gets bigger with every one who tells it-(the garden hose-what a crock)- in my opinion it is par for the course selling snow to Eskimos.

And as always not a single link from you....
Always chalk full of all this info that every one else doesn't have, but can never show any of it.
Would all that info that you said any vet would find make this justified? Is that what you are getting at?

What is your opinion of the event? Sounds like you have all the info you need so should be no prob giving your thoughts on it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

"Sorry but I find that hard to believe.

Supposedly there were quite a few police. He didn't know the police were there? I doubt they all arrived in one car.

Are you trying to tell me the guy had no chance to comply. Not buying it for one second.

I've said many times in my previous posts I believe the police used excessive force and didn't need to kill the guy but I think he was partly to blame.

He was drunk and high ,look at the autopsy report.

There are always two sides.

First you blame the poor guy for not complying with the police, then you remind everyone how wasted he was. Don't you think one might have something to do with the other? The police "observed" him for 15 minutes? They were waiting for any excuse whatsoever to blow this dude away. He was on valium, alcohol, and THC, ALL depressants, which make you drowsy and tired, and unresponsive and unaware.
His BAC alone was enough to make him near camatose. Add the valium and THC?

Just how the hell was he supposed to comply if he was so wasted? Was he supposed to sober up as soon as the "observant" cops came along?

Although this story is four years old, it is a reminder that it is getting worse and worse, when it comes to the cops acting like they can get away with murder, which most of them do, thanks to protective echelons above them who make every excuse in the book. Maybe these guys did comply with "procedure," but "procedure" across this country has come to mean "the police can do whatever they want to you, you have no rights at all..."

People are sick of it. It's the one thing that many on the left/right unite on. The cops in this country are out of control. Everyone paying any attention at all sees it, and if it doesn't change, the two always opposing wings might finally unite on this one important issue.

It used to be police "procedure" that even drawing a gun was a last resort, much less firing one, much less firing one AT someone, much less firing one at someone who is obviously wasted off his ass, so much so that "compliance with orders" was an impossibility. The days of trusting "most" cops is over. They made it that way.

The dude died with a water nozzle in his hand, and was too wasted to "comply" with the ignorant paranoia of law enforcement who percieve every individual as a threat until proven otherwise, often after they turn these percieved "threats" into corpses. That's not what WE pay the cops to do. If they're so damned scared that the only way they think they can come home safe every night is to shoot first, ask questions later like they're playing some damn video game, then they need to give it up and find another line of work. I suggest prison guards, where the only people they can possibly hurt are convicted criminals.

Most of us happen to be law abiding citizens, and even if a guy is a little too drunk to comply, that doesn't give them an excuse to kill him. In fact, it gives them less of an excuse, as everyone knows a drunk is much slower and lethargic, off balance, AND EASIER TO SUBDUE. I agree with the family member. They sat around and waited until they thought he gave them an excuse, then they all compensated for their tiny penises, and killed the guy. Made 'em feel like real men, I bet it did. Impressive "law enforcement" work, fellas. Well done.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Perhaps you misunderstood. Or perhaps the reason you are having issues in your local area is because some ding-dong is teaching this in your local area.

Sorry, I'll elaborate, the main idea is to get the suspect out of their area and put them in a controlled environment, if they question or resist, they're clearly planning to harm the officer so they need to be disabled. Literally everything other than being handcuffed in the back of a police car, or face down on the ground with their foot on your back qualifies as a potentially threatening situation.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

sapien82
the new slogan is

To Serve , ya best protect ya neck !

Or

to oppress and to murder

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

spooky24
I have the final report from the District Attorney's Office and they were justified in protecting themselves.

What really happened-and what underground internet sites claim to have happened is completely different.

The District Attorney's Office is appealing the monetary award.

Do you have some swamp land and a bridge in florida for sale with that?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

minusinfinity
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.42% and had Valium and THC in his system at the time of his death.

Not saying he deserved to be gunned down but he wasn't just out watering his lawn.

Get the whole story before you jump 2 conclusions.

Saying that drinking alcohol or smoking weed in any way, even the smallest bit, justifies a cop shooting and killing someone while watering his yard, is one of the most insane things I have read.
edit on 10-4-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

spooky24

So maybe less retort and more proof? You have shown us that you are a callous individual, how about some evidence so we can assert if you are callous or just meh?
And BTW, this is a real site, we are typing and posting here, not sure what a "real site" for you means, but Im pretty sure ATS is one of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

TheJourney

minusinfinity
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.42% and had Valium and THC in his system at the time of his death.

Not saying he deserved to be gunned down but he wasn't just out watering his lawn.

Get the whole story before you jump 2 conclusions.

Saying that drinking alcohol or smoking weed in any way, even the smallest bit, justifies a cop shooting and killing someone while watering his yard, is one of the most insane things I have read.

This right here. I trust the LAPD and most police about as far as I can throw them F---- them and their cult. I laugh when I see a dead cop in the news. LAUGH.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I may have missed it somewhere, but, how is that news article not extremely biased reporting? Supporting some form of a cop hating agenda?

Douglas Zerby was finishing up watering his lawn when neighbors, completely brainwashed by the police state, called the cops.. thefreethoughtproject.com...

Completely brainwashed.
I don't think they're the only ones.

Gross.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not sure if true
but California was considering requiring the registration of water hoses, sprinklers and spray nozzles since they are now deadly weapons.

After debate in the legislature it was pointed out that there is no water left in the state so the bill was rewritten to simply ban these items. State and Federal law makers are exempt.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
diggindirt

In comments suggesting Zerby’s parents and son are akin to people looking for easy money, Parkin explained the appeal was necessary thus rejecting the notion the City should respect a federal jury’s decision to award the slain man’s family damages. "Sometimes these juries just get it wrong and when that happens usually the family of the deceased are looking to cash-in on their mistake. That is when we have to file an appeal to fix the error,"

Wait, wait, wait, wait. IANAL, but in American jurisprudence, the jury is NEVER wrong. You appeal based on mistakes made by the court. The jury's decision is inviolable and IS law, as far as the law goes. You don't appeal to get a different verdict because the jury came to a conclusion you didn't care for.

If we're going to start challenging a jury's decision based on we didn't like it, I vote we get to prosecute the prosecutor for refusing to bring charges or for failure to aggressively prosecute cases against cops, just because we don't like the decision or lack of one.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

(post by oldetimehockey4 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

oldetimehockey4
reply to post by crazyewok

I was just WAITING for you to chime in. Typical, let's make this about what they do in Britain and why it's so superior to the US. Get a grip.

Jelouse our police can do there job without leaving a trail of bodys behind them?

Get a grip

O a dont PM insulting messages in future.
edit on 10-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

spooky24

How odd then, that a federal jury thinks the cops are at fault. They must have been all confused, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join