It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s #1 Herbicide Discovered in U.S. Mothers’ Breast Milk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Monsanto, a name you can trust

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I just sprayed glycophosphate and an agent orange type brush killer ( Crossbow) around my lawn, 50/50 mix. Kills weeds like A lot. I am wondering if I am poisoning my neighbors and not even knowing it. Thanks OP I am going to research this and see what is possible with my spraying.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Might as well go after all these ones too I guess. These are probably more worrisome than glyphosate.

Breast milk also contains polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)(10), a carcinogen and endocrine disruptor. In fact, by 1976, 99 percent of breast milk sampled in the U.S. contained PCBs.

In addition, breast milk contains many other fat-loving persistent organic pollutants, among them: many pesticides (heptachlor, chlordane, mirex, endrin, aldrin, and dieldrin)(12), and industrial chemicals (dioxin,(13) benzene, chloroform, methylene chloride, styrene, perchoroethylene, toluene, trichloroethylene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, and xylene.)(14) Like DDT and PCBs, many of these compounds have been banned—but continue to pollute the breast milk of not only American women, but women worldwide. A study of breast-fed infants in Australia showed that 100 percent had heptachlor levels exceeding the World Health Organization’s Average Daily Intake Allowance. Eighty-eight percent had levels of aldrin and dielrin exceeding this standard, and 27 percent exceeded the standard for benzene.(15)

www.deathcaps.com...
What a nasty list. Roundup seems to be one of the least offensive breast milk contaminants. I tried to look up why I should be so concerned about roundup, and all I could find was this alarming report about "subclinical" effects:

Research: Roundup Herbicide Toxicity Vastly Underestimated

What the consumer of GM-contaminated food must understand is that glyphosate, and the many insufficiently tested "inactive" ingredients sprayed on these foods, enter the body and have real, adverse effects that are cumulative, even if mostly subclinical.
So somehow they know that it's bad, even though they can't say how because the effects are "subclinical", which as far as I can tell means they have no idea what the effects might be so they just made that up about subclinical effects. Meanwhile, the effects of some of those other toxins in high enough doses is not subclinical.

TXRabbit
Pesticides in breast milk........
Dramatic rise in ADD-ADHD/Learning disabilities.....

Coincidence????

charlyv
This is horrible news, and the implications have so many unknowns. One thing that did come out recently, is that Autism in children is up 30%.. 1 in 66 children. One would wonder if there is any correlation here, since they did not have a definitive reason when it was announced.

In addition to the above about all the other contaminants in breast milk, and the fact that correlation doesn't equal causation, there is another variable in diagnosis of things like autism and ADHD, which is diagnosis rate. With diagnoses like these, it's possible that there could be no change in the population, but an increase of such diagnoses could be reported if for example papers about them were published encouraging more professionals to apply these diagnoses in cases where they previously might not have been applied.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

"This data also offers a first indication of potential accumulation in the human body"

Not so - their was testing on pregnant women's blood in Canada - much higher percentages found, Cry1Ab toxin was detected in 93 per cent and 80 per cent of maternal and fetal blood samples.

This was discovered three years ago now, and we are just checking breast milk now!!

It was ten years ago that I was yelling about this being found in Cattle.

If we do nothing to protect our children can we call ourselves men? Have we become the mindless drones that our governments want us to be?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why you folks believe mothers’ breast milk should without Roundup?It's normal by consider what we eat.Except Roundup,I am sure there's many heavy metal also.
And many of new special formula:like Caesium 137,Plutonium 239 ...(etc) are adding.

Don't bring kids to this world if you can't provide them organic food in long term .Here is not a good place.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
We all need to start eating all the organic foods we can! That way we take away dollars from those poisoning us all with their chemical crap. Support your local farmer, gardner, and those that supply organic and non-gmo food. And teach others to avoid this stuff at all costs, as it may cost you your health or life.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by homeopath

Support your local farmer, gardner, and those that supply organic and non-gmo food.

Sure. Pay more because it's worth it to put those local farmers that raises GM plants and do not use organic methods out of business. But that doesn't really address things like PCBs, dioxin, benzene, chloroform, methylene chloride, styrene, perchoroethylene, toluene, trichloroethylene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, and xylene.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the crap we've put in the environment is not a problem. I'm saying that it's important to keep priorities in mind. Glyphosate and GM plants are pretty low on the list.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by homeopath

Support your local farmer, gardner, and those that supply organic and non-gmo food.

Sure. Pay more because it's worth it to put those local farmers that raises GM plants and do not use organic methods out of business. But that doesn't really address things like PCBs, dioxin, benzene, chloroform, methylene chloride, styrene, perchoroethylene, toluene, trichloroethylene, 1,1,1-trichloroethane, and xylene.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the crap we've put in the environment is not a problem. I'm saying that it's important to keep priorities in mind. Glyphosate and GM plants are pretty low on the list.

Even if "plant it yourself",you can't sure the soil and water without those "PCBs, dioxin, benzene, chloroform............."
And you can't make sure local farmers don't use pesticide/roundup,after all it's business in capitalism.

Those potted vegetables in my home growing VERY SLOW ,I guess the reason is I didn't use inorganic fertilizer and pesticide.

I can't find a planting thread on this website...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage:
Might as well go after all these ones too I guess. These are probably more worrisome than glyphosate.

We will but for now glyphosate are the target, please stay on target sir.

Thank you!

You have the freedom to choose GMO if you want. We want to maintain the same freedom for those who don't want GMO.
edit on 10-4-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My cousin is an organic grower in P.E.I., Canada. He says that many that claim to grow organic, even up there, fail the test when it comes to land use and method. You just can not take farmland that was once used for potatoes,barley,soybeans and turn it over the next year to grow organic. What has built up in the soils stays for a while.

He had to clear new land to grow organic vegetables like tomatoes,lettuce,peppers,cucumber etc... and also rotates certain types of vegetables every year, because some crops take too much out of the soil. If he had started out and used plots that they had been growing production crops in, he claims it would not be "organic" in any sense of the word. He also says that the regulations for licenses to grow organic can be very ambiguous, and allow for loopholes and shortcuts to be taken that make some crops no better than what you would get on a conventional farm.

Words to the wise, check your grower, look them up in the organic registry and perhaps take a visit to see if they are in compliance with what they claim.

edit on 10-4-2014 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini.

We live in a land where the great masses of the population has no real voice, while a corporation has the right to spend unlimited amounts of money to effect its political ambitions.

A land where a corporation is allowed to hide what they feed us and the people have no right to know what they are eating. Our beef is packed full of hormones that are illegal in much of the world even China, and genetically modified crops rule the day. A land where a corporation controls our press and in turn holds sway over public opinion etc.. A person could go on and on here you know!

We don't have a democracy people we have Crony capitalism. Add to that fact all federal agencies will just laugh off any Congressional oversight and in turn be unaccountable to the people.

What does that make our system of Government? Should we coin a term?

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security"

A more perfect union was the goal of our forefathers! We can effect the same!

When Holder and other fed agencies can just ignore contempt of Congress charges we no longer have a government which answers to the people. When secret police rule the day and our every move and every word we speak is recorded and monitored. When the president can use signing powers to bypass Congress and effect or rewrite laws. We no longer a representative democracy but rather Despotism.

Congress has failed us folks, and we need a better form of representation and a clear separation of powers between the WH and a redesigned Congress. No men regardless of position in the government should be above the law! Secret police must be abolished and systems which threaten core American values should be abolished. We are not Nazis, we are Americans. It is time we started acting like it!
edit on 11-4-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

So somehow they know that it's bad, even though they can't say how because the effects are "subclinical", which as far as I can tell means they have no idea what the effects might be so they just made that up about subclinical effects. Meanwhile, the effects of some of those other toxins in high enough doses is not subclinical.

Past research has looked only at genetic and direct effects - teratogens, mutagens, carcinogens and the like. The new science of epigenetics shows that other, equally destructive effects occur - environmental factors influence -if not control- gene expression by triggering epigenetic processes that turn genes off and on, and modify gene products (proteins) after they are produced.

Predictably, anything "foreign" that turns up in breast milk (or anywhere in the body) will have an epigenetic effect. Current research is well on the road to determining exactly what those effects might be - despite concerted efforts by those with potential liabilities to obstruct epigenetic research.

Epigenetics and human disease: translating basic biology into clinical applications

Epigenetics refers to the study of heritable changes in gene expression that occur without a change in DNA sequence. Research has shown that epigenetic mechanisms provide an "extra" layer of transcriptional control that regulates how genes are expressed. These mechanisms are critical components in the normal development and growth of cells. Epigenetic abnormalities have been found to be causative factors in cancer, genetic disorders and pediatric syndromes as well as contributing factors in autoimmune diseases and aging. ...

[Ed. note: Heritability is potential.]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join