It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s #1 Herbicide Discovered in U.S. Mothers’ Breast Milk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

In the first ever testing on glyphosate herbicide in the breast milk of American women, Moms Across America and Sustainable Pulse have found 'high' levels in 3 out of the 10 samples tested. The shocking results point to glyphosate levels building up in women's bodies over a period of time, which has until now been refuted by both global regulatory authorities and the biotech industry.

The levels found in the breast milk testing of 76 ug/l to 166 ug/l are 760 to 1600 times higher than the European Drinking Water Directive allows for individual pesticides. They are however less than the 700 ug/l maximum contaminant level (MCL) for glyphosate in the U.S., which was decided upon by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ....

World’s #1 Herbicide Discovered in U.S. Mothers’ Breast Milk

Let's face it folks, this is game over.....
levels found in the breast milk are 760 to 1600 times higher than the European Drinking Water Directive ...

Urine testing shows glyphosate levels over 10 times higher than in Europe

Initial testing shows Monsanto and Global regulatory bodies are wrong regarding bio-accumulation of glyphosate, leading to serious public health concerns

Testing commissioners urge USDA and EPA to place temporary ban on all use of Glyphosate-based herbicides to protect public health

In the first ever testing on glyphosate herbicide in the breast milk of American women, Moms Across America and Sustainable Pulse have found 'high' levels in 3 out of the 10 samples tested.

Something must be done now... the Regulatory system is broken... It is a revolving door of Monsanto employees... Without intervention, 30 percent of the most vulnerable will be poisoned for life by the very food they start their life with..

Here is the Moms across America website... www.momsacrossamerica.com...
edit on 9-4-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar and Credits

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

We need to stop using industry studies to determine if something is safe. We need to go back to independent studies (sorry that's more big government, but I think this is important enough to merit that).

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Agreed..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Mudersanto is at work again...

I haven't seen too many GMO or Monsanto threads lately.. Or I missed them.

Either way I should be surprised by this, but I'm not... This is the kind of thing that happens when your diet comprises of GMOs and herbicides...

Star and flag for awareness to the subject.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Total ban on pesticides! and a full study to find out why some women do not have contaminated breast milk. Are they the sensible women who only eat organic food? I'd like to see an independant study on that!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I really wish this was wrong... It is frightening... shocking... and sad.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And lets find out how to get it out of the women so that they're not forced into buying packaged milk poison.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

How is it being ingested...chemtrails?
Orbs are shooting them as seen in a recent ATS thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Completely agreed... the crap in the packaged milk powder is bad too... but maybe this is now worse... yikes

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Everything ends up in breast milk and semen - even Ebola.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks.

F&S&

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

They're being ingested by doing just that - ingesting them. The herbicides are in your water, soil, and food. Direct cause and effect. So glad we replaced our representatives in government with industry lobbyists. They're sure to be looking out for us now.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I just pulled from the bottom of the report the following :
"What we have found encouraging is that the women who have been eating organic and non-GMO very strictly, for several months to two years, did not find detectable levels of glyphosate in their breast milk."

so it seems that you can ween yourself off of it and find no detectable levels..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Wow. That is some scary sh!t.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Roundup is really noxious stuff. It is basically the #1 used weedkiller in households across the US. That it's being found in breast milk is unsurprising because it is so prevalently used both in neighborhoods and in cities. It's pretty much the reason why you don't see weeds cropping up everywhere in downtown areas. The arguments against Roundup that I heard in my botany classes was that it actually damaged the environment in terms of eliminating plants that we may not see as beneficial but actually are. That same prof also said that a weed was defined as a plant whose use hadn't yet been determined, lol.

As far as health effects go, I don't think that there's been a whole lot of pointing to that many effects. It takes a whole lot of Roundup to actually have a toxicity issue. The thing that is troubling about this study is that a small portion of women have it in their breast milk and infants, logically, have a much smaller toxicity threshhold. In that sense, it's not good.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

R_Clark

Completely agreed... the crap in the packaged milk powder is bad too... but maybe this is now worse... yikes

If I were a mother and I knew I was going to be breast feeding a child, I'd invest in a water filter, and only eat organic foods. I'd do ANYTHING to avoid the packaged stuff because we all already know its NOT the same as mums milk.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Hopefully your from Zerohedge... a site I love and respect... Get this sh*t out there...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
By the looks of it the poor little children being born today don't stand much of a chance any more. Just last night on the news they said the longevity span is beginning to curve downwards. Once upon a time the USDA and EPA were respected agencies, but when corruption puts them in the pockets of big business, it is infuriating to watch, more so because we are now seeing the effects and suffering from them. I'm not normally a vengeful person, but I do hope those fracking dirty bass turds get what's coming to them!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

R_Clark

I just pulled from the bottom of the report the following :
"What we have found encouraging is that the women who have been eating organic and non-GMO very strictly, for several months to two years, did not find detectable levels of glyphosate in their breast milk."

so it seems that you can ween yourself off of it and find no detectable levels..

Thats good to know

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Just last night on the news they said the longevity span is beginning to curve downwards.

lol. That's been going on a good while and I've been ranting about it for years here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Granite

They're being ingested by doing just that - ingesting them. The herbicides are in your water, soil, and food. Direct cause and effect. So glad we replaced our representatives in government with industry lobbyists. They're sure to be looking out for us now.

True, except it's seldom direct cause and effect - that's why they get away with it. We need to push for studies on epigenetic effects - and biological systems analysis.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join