It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano-Robots That Compute With DNA Installed Into Living Cockroach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Scientists have inserted DNA-based nanobots into a living cockroach, which are able to perform logical operations. Researchers say the nanobots could eventually be able to carry out complex programs, to diagnose and treat disease.

Popular Science
I saw this coming years ago. Cockroaches are taking over the world. They are making nanobots to cure every disease in the world.
edit on 942014 by ChefSlug because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

Nothing is free my friend. They will cure you and you will have to join them. You will belong to them because they will have their property in you, just like Monsanto did with their GMO crops.

Are you for or against trans humanism aka "evolving" ourselves?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

bitsforbytes

Nothing is free my friend. They will cure you and you will have to join them. You will belong to them because they will have their property in you, just like Monsanto did with their GMO crops.

Are you for or against trans humanism aka "evolving" ourselves?

--
Like what? evolving into a roach? no thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sometimes, I think that the ETs have provided certain PTB in this world with access to a quantum computer filled with the knowledge of the cosmos. A required, bonus side feature--"I'll make you an offer you cannot refuse," was to create various pathways of info into that computer of the move of every person on the planet starting with those that had access to that computer. --Silly idea, huh?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

TAKE MY MONEYY!!!

...oh , it already belongs to the government...

GG :L

watch the void.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This may seem like a silly question, but what if you have a cut on your hand, you squish a cockroach and the nanobots get in your cut?
At least these nanobots are not self-replicating.... yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

hehe...Cockroaches are nuclear resistant!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm more concerned about toxins and radioactivity altering my genetics right now than some future nanobot army. Maybe they could program the nanobot armies to self replicate and clean up the environment some, outside of my body.

But hey, "go bots". Turn the world into "Grey Goo".

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Anyone seen fringe ? This is just like how the human race gets changed in fringe. Long story short, present time earth these people appear called observers. These observers are from earth but are from the future. But these observers have no sense of emotions feelings and any other issue that may weaken the human being due to way technology changed including medical testing with humans. Over time perhaps nano boys will start changing the ways humans are.

I dunno I haven't got a clue just a thought lol. Anyways time these nano bots have any great significance in the world I'll be long gone. Interesting though

edit on 9-4-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Revolution the TV series is about nano tech gone awry. What makes their take interesting is how it gives an alternate view about how "miracles" in a world that forgot about the tech may occur. Also ties in to quantum mechanics and how magic or OOB experiences and such could be tied to the tech. The endgame of nanotech makes humans or the ones who have access to the tech gods amongst men so it is a very important subject to stay informed on.

top topics

join