It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful story, but very sad ending...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For those of you who followed the NCAA mens basketball tournament this year you may have heard about a story that came out of East Lansing, MI. A player on the Michigan State Spartans, Adrien Payne, formed a bond with a sick young girl named Lacey when the team was visiting the hospital. Unfortunately, earlier today she passed from the cancer she was battling and it's honestly just heartbreaking news.

Nice story about their bond

For those who have never seen or heard about this story I've added a couple videos below. Please take a look.

With this second clip go to 5:24

Her father, Matt Holsworth, told The Associated Press that Lacey died at their St. Johns, Mich., home "with her mommy and daddy holding her in their arms."

Lacey Holsworth had neuroblastoma, a fetal-nerve cell cancer, and wore a blond wig because chemotherapy caused her to lose her hair. She met Payne two years ago while she was in the hospital for a cancer treatment and struck up an immediate bond with him.

"She loved unconditionally and without hesitation," Matt Holsworth said.
Lacey had been a huge supporter of Payne, and he reciprocated by becoming a close friend, visiting her at the hospital and inviting her to games.

"She is such a huge part of my life," Payne told the Detroit News recently. "And she grew to be part of my family."

The 6-foot-10 Payne carried her around the court on Senior Night at Michigan State, and Lacey got to help the Spartans cut down the nets after they won the Big Ten tournament and she received a championship hat with the rest of the team.

She also was with the Spartans for the East Regionals of the NCAA tournament and accompanied Payne to the College Slam Dunk Championship during Final Four weekend in Dallas.

Anyways, I wanted to bring this story to those attention who heard about this story. Just extremely sad news...

RIP Lacey

[url=http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10754327/michigan-state-spartans-adreian-payne-mourning-loss-princess-lacey-cancer]ESPN[/ur l]
edit on 9-4-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
JHN, thank you for this heart warming story. Now that my eyes are dry I can type. Such a beautiful loving relationship between them that should be an inspiratiion to all. It costs nothing to love and be loving as these two have shown,but the gains can be life changing. RIP Lacey.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

2manyholes
JHN, thank you for this heart warming story. Now that my eyes are dry I can type. Such a beautiful loving relationship between them that should be an inspiratiion to all. It costs nothing to love and be loving as these two have shown,but the gains can be life changing. RIP Lacey.

Exactly... I was following this story all year long (being a huge Michigan State fan), and the news of young Lacey passing felt like I took a huge punch to the stomach. It's incredible that a person I've never met before brought me to tears with their story... It's safe to say that Adrien Payne made that little girls life, and I truly believe they had a legitimate bonding between them, like a brother and sister would have.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Kind of gives me my hope back for humanity. A truly lovely story and beautiful friendship.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Night Star
Kind of gives me my hope back for humanity. A truly lovely story and beautiful friendship.

Yea, I agree. With the amount of horrible stories in the news, it's nice when you can read/learn about a good story, like the bond these two formed. It's just unfortunate and extremely sad seeing her lose her battle with cancer. Heaven just got another angel...

top topics

join