It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 Tragedy: Experts confirm pulse signals are from a black box

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

--
Of course it'll be made public, its not the Malaysian Gov who is going to recover it, their incompetence has done enough damage, it'll be the US and China who make the announcement.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

daaskapital

Just in the knick of time. The day is saved before the baterries ran out.

"nick of time" here is a double edged sword, since the 30 days have passed. We can more than likely expect that the value of the data in the box, are not entirely reliable ... but, it's presence will convince the masses, without evern anyone being able to prove that the flight didn't go down ... where it was found.

I'd like to hear someone's opinion on the fact, that the battery life can exceed 30 days when on the bottom of the ocean ... maybe that black box, wasn't in the ocean ... the "entire" time ... hmmm ... what ya think?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by daaskapital

What purpose is there for other governments like Australia and the US covering up something?

I could understand perhaps the Maylasian government for doing so, to protect the airline.

But others?

Doesn't make sense.

What if someone accidentally shot it down? Just because something MAYBE being covered up doesn't mean it's malicious or some planned thing. If something like that were to occur new information about a new flight path could come out so that evidence of a missile strike is not found. There are many possibilities and we weren't there. Motives are impossible to know without knowing what actually happened.

You said you see motive for Malaysia. If Malaysia has motive the US and Australia who both have interests in that area could tell Malaysia that they will make the cover for them on 1 condition.... You give us.... Access? Resources? Information? Future cooperation?

I don't know though it probably just crashed.

edit on 9-4-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

But of course they have

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

"nick of time" here is a double edged sword, since the 30 days have passed. We can more than likely expect that the value of the data in the box, are not entirely reliable...

Where does that come from? The data doesn't erase at 30 days. AF447 boxes were in the ocean for a year or more.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

roadgravel
Where does that come from? The data doesn't erase at 30 days. AF447 boxes were in the ocean for a year or more.

Search teams hunting for the Malaysia Airlines jetliner believed to have plunged into the ocean have about 30 days to find the cockpit recorders before the tracking signals they emit go dead. That is the battery life of the two recorders. One provides the last two hours of audio from the cockpit, and the other contains all of the flight data.

That is a quote from the washington post.

edit on 9/4/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

combatmaster

Theres only one thing i dont get.

Assuming the plane did indeed sink in the ocean, this doesnt account for the report of family members calling passengers' mobile phones and hearing a ringtone!

any ideas? maybe the reports of these family members are not 100% accurate?

That has been debunked. That just means the signal wasn't reaching the tower. Turned off phones will still ring in many cases.

I'd like more info on the Maldivians who witnessed a jet with the same markings as MH370 fly overhead on the day it disappeared. That is very intriguing.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

GreenMtnBoys

combatmaster

Theres only one thing i dont get.

Assuming the plane did indeed sink in the ocean, this doesnt account for the report of family members calling passengers' mobile phones and hearing a ringtone!

any ideas? maybe the reports of these family members are not 100% accurate?

That has been debunked. That just means the signal wasn't reaching the tower. Turned off phones will still ring in many cases.

I'd like more info on the Maldivians who witnessed a jet with the same markings as MH370 fly overhead on the day it disappeared. That is very intriguing.

Not that i dont believe you, but can you show me where it has been debunked?

If thats the case then im pretty sure its nearly solved!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

daaskapital
Experts believe that the source of the recent pings, as picked up by Chinese and Australian investigators, appear to originate from a black box. If this information is to be believed, it shouldn't be all too surprising, considering we knew that the pings were transmitting at the same frequency as those used by black boxes.
We know it's NOT the same frequency. The pinger specification is 37.5 +/- 1 kHz, and the measured frequency is only 33 kHz, so the frequency isn't a match, however the discrepancy could be due to a low battery.

bjarneorn
You apparently think the battery life is related to data storage, but it's not. The battery powers the pinger, so when the battery dies, the pinger dies. The data in memory can last for years after that as it's not reliant on power from the pinger battery.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sigh, yes the cellphone thing has probably been debunked. Personally my cell phone you would never get a ring if it was turned off but these things differ. However, I dont see why people are looking at that for the smoking gun. The cell phones ringing is one of dozens of larger anomalies present in this case.

If they claim the data is irretrievable for whatever bs reason I call this a conspiracy we will never know the truth to. Without a doubt. IMO, it could've simply been blown out of the air by the Chinese or another country more than likely, however there are always scarier scenarios.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Who else would you go to besides the manufacturer (an American company) if you wanted to find out if the pingers were in the right frequency range to be from their recorders?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

bjarneorn

Search teams hunting for the Malaysia Airlines jetliner believed to have plunged into the ocean have about 30 days to find the cockpit recorders before the tracking signals they emit go dead. That is the battery life of the two recorders. One provides the last two hours of audio from the cockpit, and the other contains all of the flight data.

It's only the locater beacons that will be dead after 30 days. The data in a lot of recorders is solid state. It's not going anywhere. Even if it's not solid state, it's not going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be interesting if someone dismantled the boxes and tossed them in a place that nobody could find for a while?

No wreckage as of yet!
That part still bothers me. . .

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

bjarneorn

roadgravel

Some person agreed with that misconception of the data life. wow.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

--
That's because its on the bottom of the ocean along, of course, with the BB.

The whole search is for the plane but ultimately the prize is the BB.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

shaneslaughta
Until i see the whole plane, or wreckage with serial numbers .....im dubious.

I can take a black box and drop it in the ocean too.

Yep, still a mystery.

My theory is that it was a flight crew, (one or both) murder-suicide. They let the oxygen out at high altitude while everyone was sleeping, locked the door, changed course and bellyed it in nice and gentle. A plane plummeting thousands of feet into the ocean would still leave flotsam. But intact? Not so much.

Or the black box was removed and tossed out and the plane is intact elsewhere and being prepped for something. (But I also think that one is far-fetched)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Zaphod58

It's only the locater beacons that will be dead after 30 days. The data in a lot of recorders is solid state. It's not going anywhere. Even if it's not solid state, it's not going anywhere.

I was pretty sure people were aware of that and bringing the 30 days into it to say that they found the signal and can say that was the plane, but then later never find the box... People *should be able to know just by having a Hard drive or by using DVDs that data can be stored however long without any power source. A black box probably wouldn't be using spinning drives but you get what I mean.

How deep is the ocean there? Might not be long now before we know what happened.
edit on 9-4-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightLight

They were detected at almost 15,000 feet down. At that depth, they'll almost certainly only retrieve the boxes if there's other wreckage down there.

As for the rest, see above. The reliability of the data, and the 30 days battery life were tied together in a post on this page.
edit on 4/9/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

What purpose is there for other governments like Australia and the US covering up something?

I could understand perhaps the Maylasian government for doing so, to protect the airline.

But others?

Doesn't make sense.

I couldn't help but think of the scene from the Godfather - the one when everyone is asking favors at his daughter's wedding.
He provided the help but let the people know that one day he might ask them for a favor.......

The US could own Malaysia.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

As an American, I don't believe a damn thing the US government says about anything. I assume it is always a lie.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join