It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

Standby for the "over-the-top reaction brigade" calling for knife bans........

Again....sad.

Sounds like we will all be eating with our fingers soon.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Copy-cat event inspired by recent events in China?

I wasn't aware, what happened in China that you are referring to?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

AzureSky

Vasa Croe

Agit8dChop
9 people take to hospital apparently?

Disgusting, especially at a school! how can a kids life be the same ever again for them or their future children?

Knives, guns.. maybe whats in the hands aren't the problem, maybe its just Americans?

edit on 9-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

These things don't just happen in America. They are worldwide. They happen in areas other than a school in most places, and yes, guns/knives are NOT the problem....the people are the problem. Take away their weapons and they will just use a car to plow through a crowd....it doesn't matter what they can't use, they will find something they CAN use to cause the same amount of destruction.

True story. Read an article on a driver that plowed through 12 people, killing 6 of them.
People are definitely the problem here, some are medicated, some are just mentally ill, some are just plain bad people.
You could kill someone with a spoon. time to outlaw spoons.

For me it only comes down to the person. They will kill those whom they are familiar with in areas they are familiar with. In this case it is a school, in other cases it is a work place, in others it is a mall, etc....

The only thing that makes a school more newsworthy is that children are usually involved and that makes it horrific to most since we all think of children as being very innocent. Fact is, some children are not innocent as shown by the school shootings and whatnot. Neither are adults innocent as shown by other shootings and attacks.

I hate it when government and media tries to put everything in a nice tidy box saying "this is why this happened" and "if guns weren't around this would never have happened". BS....like I said earlier, if guns weren't around it would be a car, a home made bomb, a knife, a hammer, whatever....some people are just evil in ways others are not.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

shaneslaughta

Sublimecraft

Standby for the "over-the-top reaction brigade" calling for knife bans........

Again....sad.

Oooo.....I like eating with my fingers, and you won't hear an argument from any of my kids either....LOL

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It would seem that these things just happen in America if you step back and look at the bigger picture. This time of year seem's to be especially interesting in America.

The Waco Siege - April 19, 1993

Oklahoma City bombing - April 19, 1995

Columbine High School Shooting - April 20, 1999

Virginia Tech University Shooting - April 16, 2007

Boston Marathon Bombing - April 15, 2013

Am I missing any?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Live news of events.
www.wpxi.com...

Interesting very interesting..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

So true, after Columbine kids were being expelled for playing cops and robbers. Even pointing a chicken finger at someone and going "bang" was off limits.

What will they have to say about this one? No more shop class (obvious), no more art class (rulers, cutting tools), etc.
Eventually this is going to get ridiculous, soon students will only be allowed to look at books until someone finds a way to hurt someone with it!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Oooo.....I like eating with my fingers, and you won't hear an argument from any of my kids either....LOL

Hahaha. As long as they dont try and take my spork away ill be ok.

link   

AnteBellum

Mass stabbing 3rd March 2014 - 33 killed in Yunnan Province, China.

link   
I'm glad no one DIED. and i hope they have a CHANCE at the surgery.

Only if another weapon was used. Would have been 20 graves.

link   
What a terrible incident. DId they catch the person who committed this.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

AnteBellum

Multiple mass stabbing attacks a few weeks ago.
Blamed on ethnic Muslim terrorists.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It seems a little implausible that one person could stab twenty people and not be restrained by anyone
edit on 9-4-2014 by NeuronDivide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitized

1. Boston Marathon Bombings
2. Columbine High School
3. Hitler’s Birthday
4. Raid on Branch Davidian Compound (aka Waco)
5. Rivera Helicopter Incident
6. Raid on The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord
7. Oklahoma City Bombing
8. Revolutionary War
9. The Titanic sank on April 15th, 1912
10. the Civil War commenced in mid-April, 1861
11. Chernobyl disaster - 26 April 1986
12.) Hillsborough disaster - 15 April 1989
13.) Virginia Tech massacre - 16 April 2007
14.) Beirut barrack bombing - 18 April 1883
15.) The Upper Big Branch Mine disaster

Yea, April sucks!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by shaneslaughta

So true, after Columbine kids were being expelled for playing cops and robbers. Even pointing a chicken finger at someone and going "bang" was off limits.

What will they have to say about this one? No more shop class (obvious), no more art class (rulers, cutting tools), etc.
Eventually this is going to get ridiculous, soon students will only be allowed to look at books until someone finds a way to hurt someone with it!

I know that an encyclopedia or dictionary may have enough girth to break bones if used "properly" Say good bye to paper...its too sharp, books too heavy.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

gravitized
It would seem that these things just happen in America if you step back and look at the bigger picture. This time of year seem's to be especially interesting in America.

The Waco Siege - April 19, 1993

Oklahoma City bombing - April 19, 1995

Columbine High School Shooting - April 20, 1999

Virginia Tech University Shooting - April 16, 2007

Boston Marathon Bombing - April 15, 2013

Am I missing any?

Umm...there are only two in your list that are related to schools at all, the rest are events similar to those that have occurred all over the world and on a much larger scale.

Here is a list of solely school related rampage killings:

Source

They occur in all months of the year and in other countries in April....seems the US based ones just get more coverage than others....

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Glassbender777
What a terrible incident. DId they catch the person who committed this.

Reports say police have the "suspect" in custody.

It's still very early yet to be all that clear on anything. I expect they'll be checking to make there was definitely only one perp. True, it's less likely there were more but they'll want to be very sure about that.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
are suspects usually called "actors"...not around many cops so I don't know the terminology..but I found it odd that it was stated in news that they had an actor in custody..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

AnteBellum

There have been numerous incidents of mass stabbings in China in recent years. There was a big one just last month where several people attacked a train station and killed almost 30 people and injured over 100. Myself, I doubt that it was a 'copycat' type incident.

Cases like that one and this today in Pennsylvania are just further proof that the real issue here is that people with a willingness to do harm will, unfortunately, find a means to do it. You can legislate all the things you want, but it'll never prevent it, because the real blame lies with the individuals committing these heinous acts.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Knives, guns.. maybe whats in the hands isn't the problem, maybe its just Americans?

What a naive POV for anyone to say. America has problem's sir/ma'am but it's not just an "American" problem. Point your finger elsewhere, take off your blinders that procure such arrogant statements and realize facathta like this happens world wide, America just blasts it through the MSM.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join