It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Interesting. I'm not dodging anything but a specific variable, btw, and like I said, MSM is not a factor with me. When I look at an article like the OP, I see the descriptors used (they're always the same) and the acts of heroism (always happen, always reported), and yadda yadda yadda. Articles about violence in the schools pretty much follow cookie cutter patterns. Next up, they'll be blaming X song or Y video game. Or declaring that bullying was the source. They do it every single freaking time. It's redundant and really is useless. However, to dismiss all sources is pretty whack in and of itself. Why even bother coming to a forum or watching the news at that point if you never believe anything that you did not see yourself?

School shootings like what we've been seeing predate 9/11 by decades. Interestingly enough, they do follow a pattern. Previously, the two most significant periods in terms of school shootings were the 1970's and the 1990's. Including this time period, what all three periods have in common are economic recession and civil unrest. (Kids don't live in bubbles.) Toss in variable X and it actually makes a little sense. I actually predicted that we would have another spate of shootings a couple years ago. Having two school age children should explain my concerns. Your assumption that this "all started after 9/11", however, is dead wrong.

What you should be asking yourself is what has changed in the children's environments that is generating this kind of behavior? If you look at the school shootings within the US, up until the 1960's, most shootings were perpetrated by adults on adults or student suicides. The landscape changed. Ask yourself what changed.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: added link

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Seriously? You are seriously gonna leave it hanging in total mystery like that? That's like teasing a starving dog with a hollogram piece of meat.

I know and I'm sorry. I'm certain, however, you'd probably prefer me not to spill it. In fact, I'm very certain of that. Really look into these kids and you might spot it. Then you'll get my reluctance against spilling it. I know it's a jerk move but it's better to be seen for oneself. Start with Kip Kinkel* and Dylan Klebold. I like to pretend that I'm out of my mind on this subject but that delusion got tossed into the garbage bin the moment I found that Texas conference page.

* something has been removed from Kinkel's wiki page.

edit on 13/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: added asterik

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

TKDRL

Seriously? You are seriously gonna leave it hanging in total mystery like that? That's like teasing a starving dog with a hollogram piece of meat.

I know and I'm sorry. I'm certain, however, you'd probably prefer me not to spill it. In fact, I'm very certain of that. Really look into these kids and you might spot it. Then you'll get my reluctance against spilling it. I know it's a jerk move but it's better to be seen for oneself. Start with Kip Kinkel* and Dylan Klebold. I like to pretend that I'm out of my mind on this subject but that delusion got tossed into the garbage bin the moment I found that Texas conference page.

* something has been removed from Kinkel's wiki page.

edit on 13/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: added asterik

why not?

tell us, and then provide links, or whatever, to go with it....otherwise, you just sound like the videos on one of those sites, claiming to have information vital for your survival, that drones on for 45 minutes, before trying to sell you the information you came there to get....

in the immortal words of the Notorious B.I.G. "Please chill, drop the caper"

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You should live in an area where black outnumber whites..

Ohh yes I hated black people with a passion. Always in fights, always talked down, and so on.. Cause of a color...
So ya.. anti social, and hatred check?

I know.. most people my age were just lazy eh?

::EDIT::

Key word people hated.. My dad was alot of help for my hate of them.. I grew up and realized that certain black people just like white people, and green, and orange, and triangle.. (Get my point? I am stressing this because people will go off the handle about me being a racist or something) where idiots not all of them..
edit on 4/13/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I actually lived in a place where my race was a distinct minority so I know how hard it can be to overlook one's experiences. My son was beaten out on the Navajo rez for the color of his skin. What I experienced is nothing compared to that and I still struggle with not feeling resentment about what happened to my son. My son struggles as well from time to time but, you know, he also recalls all the cool people he met out there, too, that appreciated him for who he was.

Those two things are not the same as what these kids, however, felt or seemed to feel. It's not hatred and lazy. It's hatred and mentally imbalanced combined. You can't break out that mental imbalance from something like this as doing so presents an inaccurate picture.

reply to post by Daedalus

Anybody who has ever read my posts in the past knows that I'm typically one to cut to the chase and back things up. Comparing me to one of those video people is the incorrect interpretation of my statements. Something went very wrong with these kids and how that one variable affected the way they turned out is something that I do not know. Did involvement in something encourage particular confabulations or feelings? I do not know but it looks like it might have in a very, very small portion of the total population of a grouip.

My point is that you all are detecting something is off in the way this kind of thing is reported and I'm telling you that you're right. There is something off. If there wasn't a presentation by the very people involved discussing this particular variable, then I'd voice it here and loudly until they acknowledged it. As it is, I will leave it to the experts to resolve because airing it on a public forum risks the public's tendency to paint with a very, very broad brush on those who are undeserving of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If this sort of thing continues and people get hyped about every weapon, we all could be carving the Christmas turkey with a baseball bat.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I was thinking spork but ok..

Apparently the kids lawyer is saying he was bullied... So.. There is that..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Biigs
If this sort of thing continues and people get hyped about every weapon, we all could be carving the Christmas turkey with a baseball bat.

sorry....that will have been banned too.....baseball will be played with wiffle balls, and inflatable bats, and we will be serving and eating every meal with our hands, like savages....then the government will label us savages, and spend tons of money on a study to figure out why the citizens are such savages..
edit on 14-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am just as distrusting of our government as the next person, however I have read inline that some people view this as a "false flag" in order to get some sort of anti-knife legislation in the works, such as with sandy hook/guns. However, I am a senior at Franklin Regional and I am 110 percent positive the government had nothing to do with yes.

Now do I believe they had nothing to do with sandy hook? No.
But as a student here, and personally knowing the attacker, I can say with certainty that this was just a tragic event involving a mentally unstable teenager. This has no conspiracy behind it, and frankly it offends the victims and all who are involved when these things are kept spreading viral.

It was a tragedy yes. And our government has been involved in such events in the past, but the mass stabbings at franklin regional high school have no ties to any sort of government false flag or cover up as some people would like to believe.

I am all for a conspiracy, trust me. But this is not one.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I agree the teachers not being allowed to be armed is a down side because that could have prevented some more tragedy, but as for trained? Our school guard "Saurge" as we refer to him actually subdued the victim while he was unarmed, along with a fellow student, which ended the bloodshed. Honestly, everyone inside the building did the absolute best they could, myself included.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I know/at least thought I knew Alex personally, but to say that he was bullied is a stretch. Yes, coincidentally the day before he had been in an argument with somebody and had been called a "rat face" , but it's not like he went into school the next day and attacked the guy who called him that. Instead, he decided to try and harm as many people as he could. That is a mentally unstable person, not just the results of bullying.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristofer

Did you sign on to ATS to spread the word of this information after seeing it posted via the web?
How can anyone here surely know this is not an elaborate Hoax. Not to be offending and since you are relatively new, this happens from time to time. Who am I kidding, it happens almost every day.

I wish you could give us some more information to ensure we are talking to someone exclusively from the school. If you need help you can contact me here on this thread or through the in-site messaging system.

I'm sure there are a lot of questions people would have for you given this tragedy. It may help some rest easy knowing this was just another isolated incident, in part of a very wide spread problem.

Thank you. . . AB

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You claim to be a school member, and know the kid, easy to claim such a thing on the internet. Let's pretend for a moment, that everything you say is true. How can you say you know he was not bullied? Did you have all the same classes, in high school highly unlikely.

"Rat face", really? That sounds like an insult that would happen in elementary school to me personally.

You say he was mentally unstable, bullying can do that to a person, and quite often does.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

What info do you need? My name is [snip], I attend franklin regional high school in murrsville Pennsylvania. It is located on old William pen highway, which is across from Rt 22(commonly called here old William penn).

I am employd at [snip] in Murrsyville, which is less than a mile down the road from the school. It sits in a plaza with a tanning salon, a restaurant called Table, and the plaza adjacent to it houses a burger place called Five guys, a dollar bank, and has a tutoring center called Mathnasium.

I promise you I am a student and resident of Murrsyville pa. Ask me anything you'd like.

- and I have been a long time lurker of ats, but seeing as a story has happened in my home town, I felt it necessary to post.

Believe me or not. It won't change what happened.

edit on 15-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed personal info.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Are you quite sure you want all that personal info out there? You got balls posting that, by the way.
edit on Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:40:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Have you actually seen Alex Hribal? It sounds very childish, which I agree it is, but it is an insult that isn't that far off. I am not ridiculing anybody, all I am saying is that using that insult was more of a personal attack rather than a random grade school insult. And I know enough to say that regardless of who bullied him, I know for a fact he didn't attack the one saying those things. He freely wielded knives against anybody who happened to be in the hallway at the time. Which is why I am saying that he is mentally disturbed. And whether that be the result of the bullying or a predisposition of mental illness I DO NOT know.

My point is that this is a sad event of a troubled teen. Not a false flag attack initiated by anyone.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Very true, it can't unfortunately undo the past week.
I really don't have anything to ask, other then is there something you want to say about what happened?

I realize this must be hard on everyone, how are you all dealing with this?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't care at all. I want the truth to be heard. If somebody has the balls to travel all the way out here to Pittsburgh to talk/do whatever they want to me, let them. I didn't give out what my daily shifts are, or my address, so it'll be tough finding me unless you stake out [snip] 24/7 lol

edit on 15-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed personal info.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I got some family in PA, a lot in jersey shore area. I wasn't really implying anyone would beat you up or something, but you could get one of the troll forces to go mess with you or your band page. Or have some future boss decide to deny you employment when they make it illegal to be a conspiracy theorist or question the government

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

It has been rough. Thank god I was not even involved remotely, I was under lock down in my class room once he started the attack. We don't go back into classes until tomorrow; the school hired a restoration crew to attempt to clean up the mess and make it appear as though nothing has happened.

For those involved though.. It's not as simple. My co worker is actually the sister to one of the boys who got slashed. She is still worked up over it, and today was the first day the school was opened back up allowing people to walk through with their families, while having therapists there to talk things through with people who couldn't deal with it.

The ugly truth is that this was a very unfortunate event, but school is going to keep going.
The world is still spinning.
And it's going to be really hard for the actual victims of his attack to return to franklin, let alone feel safe.
My heart goes out to all of them. I thank my higher power each night that I was not directly harmed in the event.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join