It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sounds like those teens read some news, and thought that would be a valid excuse. A teen, unless they lived in some strange sheltered cult life, know what a bullet can do to someone... Even if it is just from TV, you have a good idea that a bullet can maim or kill.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

gravitized
It would seem that these things just happen in America if you step back and look at the bigger picture. This time of year seem's to be especially interesting in America.

The Waco Siege - April 19, 1993

Oklahoma City bombing - April 19, 1995

Columbine High School Shooting - April 20, 1999

Virginia Tech University Shooting - April 16, 2007

Boston Marathon Bombing - April 15, 2013

Am I missing any?

CREEPY. they were all in April.

O_O
What in the world......

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
9 people take to hospital apparently?

Disgusting, especially at a school! how can a kids life be the same ever again for them or their future children?

Knives, guns.. maybe whats in the hands isn't the problem, maybe its just Americans?

Come live here for a while. The tension and anger in the air the past few years is thick and ominous. We have some MAJOR issues going on here and it feels like things are going to blow up any second. My wife is form the UK and after 2 years living here she's absolutely had it. Can't say I blame her.

I feel like I need to either leave or get involved politically (I fear that would be a waste of time though)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

WhiteAlice

See for yourself: www.acolumbinesite.com...

How much of what we supposedly know about these people DIDN'T come to us through the MSM?
edit on 11-4-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Ummm...No doubt we'll be seeing our beloved savior, the leg thriller, Barry Soetoro, all over the lame stream any day now leading the rallying cry to..."BAN those pesky assault style kitchen knives". I can see heroic Governor Cuomo leading the charge like a good little politico...with the "New, New York Safer, Safest Act" as progressives fawningly rush to turn in their "Ginsu's", while the jack booted storm the ramparts of the average home....."See something...Say Something".

Why...just revel in the utopian dream...not a sharp edge to be had anywhere...in all the land. Was it simply that whittling away the hours was deemed...too dangerous, subversive even...or did we finally shed those nasty sharp edged pretensions in both environment.....and thought.............................................................Hmmm?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

It's a "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" scenario when it comes to kids that do these violent and reprehensible acts. In many of the cases, the impulses and ideologies behind their attacks were preexisting before the drugs ever came into the picture. Each one of the drugs cited as being the cause of the events were actually very, very popular drugs at the time (ie Prozac). If they were the problem, then why wasn't there even more of these events considering the number of total individuals on them? I won't dismiss the possibility that the drugs may have had unforeseen consequences in these boys as they were most likely in the throes of hormone change. However, the fact does remain that they all were undeniably anti-social with an intense hatred for others and, well, insane long before the drugs came into the picture and that those factors were precisely why they were put on psychiatric drugs.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

BrianFlanders

WhiteAlice

How much of what we supposedly know about these people DIDN'T come to us through the MSM?

Because many of these things actually never were up for mass public purview by MSM, itself. There is a whole lot of things that were not aired in the MSM at all and in fact, they are still very quiet about today in regards to these perpetrators. In a way, it appears to be an actual conspiracy has taken place based on what has gone unreported and it isn't the drugs that they were on. Only twice did the MSM ever mention a certain common trait between two of the shooters from the 90's and then, that was never mentioned again in any of the others that shared that trait. However, it did recently come up for discussion just last year at a Texas educators' convention in response to the more recent spate of shootings.

Dig.

P.S. I'm sure I will take some flak for saying the above; however, what I would say would most likely upset some here and have unforeseen consequences. That, I think, is precisely why it's been buried. I only state the above, however, to fulfill a sense of moral obligation.
edit on 11/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
so is there any new information about this incident?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Other then him being charged as an adult due to Penn. law(they start with adult charges and then go down to juvenile court, all other states are typically opposite to this) that's pretty much it.

There are a lot of stories coming from the victims as expected.
Probably things will be quite now until they get him into a courtroom, as to not sway the proceedings.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
www.wfmz.com...

Here is a link from my local news station.
There is another article I read in my newspaper today>. There webpage keeps reloading on me. but maybe it will work later.
Morning Call.com Search the kids name Alex Hribal.
I'm in eastern Pa., If you search Pittsburgh Post Gazette. you probably can find more articles on there site since they are close to location.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

WhiteAlice
However, the fact does remain that they all were undeniably anti-social with an intense hatred for others and, well, insane long before the drugs came into the picture and that those factors were precisely why they were put on psychiatric drugs.

Bold by me..

See that, This is the problem.. Who in the last 2000 or 200,000 yrs depending on beliefs does this not apply to? I felt like an outcast in school.. I actually was but meh.. I didn't like particular people.. Jocks, preps, so on.. But see you didn't hear much of some kid going crazy and shooting up a school or on a stabbing spree.. So.. I am not sure where you are getting at...

If you look back at the history of school shootings of my school time.. 80's You will see the shootings are concentrated on 1 or 2 maybe 3 particular people not a crap load of people of whatever and anyever...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4/11/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

AnteBellum

Other then him being charged as an adult due to Penn. law(they start with adult charges and then go down to juvenile court, all other states are typically opposite to this) that's pretty much it.

There are a lot of stories coming from the victims as expected.
Probably things will be quite now until they get him into a courtroom, as to not sway the proceedings.

i hate to get back into this, but had this kid used a gun, this would still be the top news story today....it'd be newtown all over again...

unsurprisingly, i don't hear any cry from idiot politicians to ban "assault knives"...maybe in the future, but right now, knife attacks aren't as sexy to the media as guns....and there's no anti-knife agenda at the moment...

it's sad that tragedies don't get equal media time, because of political agendas..
edit on 11-4-2014 by Daedalus because: words...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So true.
And a big problem is now future acts of violence from other individuals that are trying to make a spectacle, know this also!
I hate to use the slogan, "Go Big or Go Home" to demonstrate this, given the tragedy. But anyone who has followed the Boston Bombing, Sandy Hook and now this, can see a great disparity in the MSM's coverage.
It's all a matter of time now before we are back on some other random thread here at ATS discussing this again. It may be different in nature but in the end they are all equally painful to those involved.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Regarding these multi victim attacks, how many people did each
" actor" kill before they were placed on drugs?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Most of them seem to not have any patterns of aggression towards others at all, as far as I can recall.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

BrianFlanders

WhiteAlice

Because many of these things actually never were up for mass public purview by MSM, itself. There is a whole lot of things that were not aired in the MSM at all and in fact, they are still very quiet about today in regards to these perpetrators. In a way, it appears to be an actual conspiracy has taken place based on what has gone unreported and it isn't the drugs that they were on. Only twice did the MSM ever mention a certain common trait between two of the shooters from the 90's and then, that was never mentioned again in any of the others that shared that trait. However, it did recently come up for discussion just last year at a Texas educators' convention in response to the more recent spate of shootings.

Dig.

P.S. I'm sure I will take some flak for saying the above; however, what I would say would most likely upset some here and have unforeseen consequences. That, I think, is precisely why it's been buried. I only state the above, however, to fulfill a sense of moral obligation.

I don't think you quite got the gist of what I was getting at.

The fact of the matter is that everything we supposedly know about these incidents and these people came to us through the wonderful, reliable, truthful MSM in one way or another.

That's to say when you hear/read about something like this, you have no choice but to believe what you are told. That's IF you want to have blind faith in the media. I don't.

I happen to believe that there are too many of these incidents and the circumstances are too suspicious for them to be completely spontaneous. But even if they are, the media and their masters are using them to condition the public into believing that anyone who seems a little different or anyone who doesn't get along well with others is a sociopath just waiting to snap. Which is obviously just not true.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

For the record, I do not watch the news. On the contrary, there is actually a fairly decent body of evidence that has been hosted by the surviving victims of those attacks. That information, including scanned journals, was largely not released through the MSM and the most that the MSM does is reference the existence of journals and etc. There is a definite distinction there. Additionally, information about the shooters does actually get used in criminology and criminal justice education. There's a difference between what gets put out in the MSM (declarations of bullying, video games, music, and etc) and what has actually been found, which often contradicts the generalized depiction of causation by the MSM. It's very hard to dig for information that isn't put into the MSM but it does exist and is obtainable most of the time.

I accidentally stumbled across something through investigating another subject. I was really shocked when I noted a possible pattern. I ended up doing a random sample of all shooters since the 1950's and hunted for two specific variables (aced stats so I can do this kind of thing). For the first variable, there was only one that did not fit. For the second and more disturbing variable, half were able to be confirmed very positively. That second variable was mentioned in only two early cases in school shootings and then was dropped entirely by the MSM. They never mentioned it again. I did this back in 2011. After the resurgence of school attacks, I finally saw that they actually are aware of the issue and a presentation on the subject was covered by the very thing I looked at in 2013. This has never been in the MSM. In fact, you can't even get a copy of the presentation that took place. It's buried.

You can declare that what I'm saying is straight from the MSM all you want. That is not the case. What I found does NOT get reported by the MSM and it's troubling. It raises a whole lot of questions when looked at very thoroughly, which I have done. Was there an outside party responsible for the various idealizations that the shooters held? How did they not notice the issue arising given the involvement implied by that second variable and what that entails? Was something done that basically resulted in that mental instability? I cannot read what was discussed in that conference; however, I can only be assured that they are both aware and are hopefully correcting themselves.

These kids don't go from being every day normal kids and then "snap". They just don't.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

When I say "anti-social" in regards to these kids, I mean that they were outright fantasizing and consistently expressing the desire to kill. Many wanted to kill everybody. That is the very definition of "anti-social" at its extreme. Not all of the shootings are cut from the same cloth and the motivations behind each do vary. For instance, Scott Pennington shot and killed only two people at random to legally qualify for the death penalty. Scott Pennington is not the same as Eric Harris. In both cases though, their shootings were a means to an end. An unveiling of that inner self and its rage, once and for all--that is probably the only other common thread amongst them all.

The number of victims doesn't necessarily reflect on anything in particular. Michael Hernandez was one such of these killers. He as 14 and his victim of choice was his best friend, whom he stabbed over 40 times in a school bathroom. That was just the first part of what Hernandez wanted to do. Thankfully, he was obsessive enough about order that, when a student entered the bathroom, he didn't stab that student as well. The kid was utterly mental.

Trying to compare oneself to these shooters is really problematic. There were a lot of people I didn't like in school either. However, neither you or I were these kids. Actually sitting down and trying to read their journals is like a terrible foray into the dark. It's not pleasant. It's looking directly into the mind of madness. Even someone who has experienced rage and a desire to lash out but did not is still not like these kids.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Seriously? You are seriously gonna leave it hanging in total mystery like that? That's like teasing a starving dog with a hollogram piece of meat.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

OK. You're still fundamentally dodging my point. Which is that I don't believe anything I didn't witness with my own eyes. There are simply too many people who have too much to gain by exploiting this material. Whether it did or didn't actually happen the way we've been told. Whether or not these people are are covert operatives. Whether or not the MSM reports the truth. Whether or not you think you can believe what you've read from ANY source. It's all beside the point.

Something is suspicious here. I smell a rat. I have been getting increasingly suspicious of these incidents over the years and every time it happens, it seems just a little more shady. I accepted one basic and fundamental suspicion that I have many years ago before I found this forum. TPTB seem (to me) to be using shock, fear and tragedy to build a police state from the ground up. One of the fundamental things you would need to do in order to do this would be to establish an excuse for increased security. If you want to treat people who haven't actually done anything wrong like criminals, you need a good excuse. That is what I believe they are doing here.

It started after 9/11. It started with "terrorists". People who generally weren't American citizens and superficially were suspicious characters. Gradually, the usual suspects have morphed into Americans. They don't necessarily call these people terrorists but they're slowly easing into excuses to treat American citizens the same way. Quite naturally, they need something that's completely nuts and terrifying to work people into enough of a state of panic to be easily manipulated in whichever directions they want them to go.

Can you think of anything more outlandish than a mass stabbing in a public place (A school, of all places) to freak people out and get them into a state of mind where they believe anything could happen and they are in constant danger from all directions?

Repeated shocks. Incident after incident of the most outrageous stuff you can imagine. How do you get people to believe lies? Repetition. Come on. Really? You don't see it?
edit on 13-4-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join