It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Sadly, no. This kind of thing - knife attacks on kids - has happened in China several times in recent years.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by bbracken677

Knives do not kill people, Forks kill people.

And guns! Whoops! People are going to draw comparisons to
similar events where guns were used.
edit on Rpm40914v38201400000032 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

oh heavens...you don't mean the semi-automatic, black-anodized, aluminum ASSAULT FORK, do you?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

randyvs
But Murg you can't expect the truth to be accepted,
not when it ads up to even more truth. And what those
three things add up to is unacceptable. Because No. one it
finds just what some in this discussion are pretending to look for.
Which is the why? And two, the factors above would mean that
there really are some wicked people running our lives and this world.
And pretty much identifies who they are as well. Unacceptable!

True, but one can still dream...

This clearly is no accident that children today are being indoctrinated...

The carefully crafted art of slowly dumbing down entire nations has been perfected for ages.

Imagine just for a second that you KNOW the truth...

When that happens you are DRIVEN to share it and not hold on to it.

One day the truth WILL be known.

"In the entire history of man, no one has ever been brainwashed and realized, or believed, that he had been brainwashed. Those who have been brainwashed will usually passionately defend their manipulators, claiming they have simply been "shown the light" . . . or have been transformed in miraculous ways." ~ Dick Sutphen

One of the most common examples of mind control in our so-called free and civilized society is the advent and usage of the television set. This isn't to say that all things on TV are geared towards brainwashing you. They're not. But most of the programming on television today is run and programming by the largest media corporations that have interests in defense contracts, such as Westinghouse (CBS), and General Electric (NBC).

This makes perfect sense when you see how slanted and warped the news is today. Examining the conflicts of interest is merely glancing at the issue, although to understand the multiple ways that lies become truth, we need to examine the techniques of brain washing that the networks are employing.

Mass Mind Control Through Network Television

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I'm guessing he is referring to all the other school incidents that involved SSRI's. Just my personal thought, maybe people should spend more time with their own thoughts, not their prescribed ones. But if you are in the need of some anti-depressant, I have heard of some stuff called cannabis that apparently works wonders.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That is because part of the indoctrination process includes "conspiracy theorists", and anyone else that is "fringe" or outside of the "accepted norms", must be crazy or stupid. Dehumanize and marginalize are two of the strongest brainwashing tools out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Daedalus

LDragonFire
What would you wager that he was on a SSRI inhibitor? But if he is a minor will we ever know?

Prayers to those affected.

just wanted to point out that "SSRI" stands for either "selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor", or "serotonin-specific re-uptake inhibitor"...calling it an "SSRI Inhibitor" is redundant

kinda like calling an ATM (automated teller machine), an "ATM Machine"

but i agree, it would be MOST interesting to know if the person who did this was on an SSRI, or some other kind of psychiatric drug, as it does fit the profile...but yeah, if it's a minor, we'll never know...wouldn't want people to be able to establish a pattern, and go after the REAL problem....much easier to keep people tied up in the useless waste of time that is the gun debate..
edit on 9-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

Funny...
Most ER doctors and nurses will be the first to tell you perpetrators of violence with guns, knives, etc. Were most likely under the influence of ALCOHOL!

Look up the stats...
Alcohol is involved in nearly half of all violent crime.

Also if a person is on medication for a psychological condition, could it in fact be THE PSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITION that pushed them over the edge.

That's like in the 80's trying to blame heavy metal music or dungeons and dragons for suicides. Problems existed before any other influence...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Do school councilors advocate kids be prescribed alcohol? Kids are being put on brain chemical altering drugs at an alarming rate, it is a legitimate issue.

It's been a problem since at least the 80's. First with ritalin, now with SSRI and SSNRI. The school environments suck, and instead of fixing that, they want to drug up the kids who can't stand it. A kid is getting picked on all the time by students, sometimes even teachers, and feels bad and worthless. That is not depression! That is a normal reaction to a hostile environment! Not to mention most kids get to go home and see how stressed out their parents are trying to make ends meet in a hostile economy. Hostility everywhere, it's a wonder more people aren't snapping and lashing out.
edit on Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:13:34 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Bongripasaurus

I'm guessing he is referring to all the other school incidents that involved SSRI's. Just my personal thought, maybe people should spend more time with their own thoughts, not their prescribed ones. But if you are in the need of some anti-depressant, I have heard of some stuff called cannabis that apparently works wonders.

Your post will most likely be banned for saying the evil weed has benefits. Which I do agree with.
But read my other post. Compare violent crimes of those who take meds versus those who get drunk. Psychological conditions are ALREADY present. That is the problem. Blaming the drug companies just leads to higher insurance premiums.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

TKDRL

Do school councilors advocate kids be prescribed alcohol? Kids are being put on brain chemical altering drugs at an alarming rate, it is a legitimate issue.

It's up to the parents ultimately. What they do with their children. Currently my gf works with a kid that NEEDS meds, but his parents dont think so. They had to clear a classroom of twenty students, because they couldn't remove the one causing the problem. Finally, the police were called. For one kid. By himself. Because he didn't want to do his math.

Charter school.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

And I know plenty of people who should have never been on meds in the first place who are now all messed up and have to continue taking them meds because they are addicted. What's your point? Most parents think the doctors know best and defer to their recommendation unfortunately. Thankfully my parents sought out a second opinion before putting me on a recommended drug I had no need for.

Bah we are dragging it offtopic I think, sorry. I guess we wait and see, no use speculating really.
edit on Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:25:35 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

TKDRL

And I know plenty of people who should have never been on meds in the first place who are now all messed up and have to continue taking them meds because they are addicted. What's your point? Most parents think the doctors know best and defer to their recommendation unfortunately. Thankfully my parents sought out a second opinion before putting me on a recommended drug I had no need for.
edit on Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:20:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

My point is pre-existing psychological factors are the main culprit.
Some drugs can increase moodiness, hostility, depression...but those conditions are pre-existing. There are thousands being helped by psychotropic drugs with no adverse effects. There are also thousands of responsible gun owners. The actions of a few draw publicity to isolated incidents and people start yelling about nothing.

This just happened and people are arguing all kinds of heresay. Lets just wait and see all of the facts first.

I promise not to take your right to weapons if you promise not to take away my right scripts for those who need them.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

It was real look it up, there are a hundred more links:

Link

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Because news agencies love views and are willing to continue mass info dumps that make these people alot more attractive while shrugging off any responsibility.

Worth reposting this I feel

edit on 9-4-2014 by aivlas because: Letters

edit on 9-4-2014 by aivlas because: my spelling is down the drain today

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Loved the last sentence at the link.....regarding the thought behind the chicken gun.
Intent.
'Is a metal fork worse than a plastic fork?'

The kid is lucky that there was no hot sauce on the chicken finger, it would have been an assault chicken finger.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

AnteBellum

It was real look it up, there are a hundred more links:

Link

as i said

in defense of your point of view AB:

i had no doubt it was real, but i looked it up anyway
shhhesh, my joke on another thread about a eating a piece of cheeze into a colt revolver shape
will get you swat teamed
got a pile of starz

my post was in regards to books can win you a bookie gunnie fight
it was a true story too

sounds like a little mis communication

great thread
sandf
@butcherguy
chicken fingers should fall under the salt treaty no?

edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ban guns!
Ban Knives!
Ban Axes!
Ban baseball bats!

And this generation will find a way to beat people to death with a bobble head.

This generation "ME" era is emotionally and morally bankrupt.
Its a great combination of over medicating, technology(which, IMO, impersonalizes so much),Violent video games, television and the complete lack of parenting.

Mental disorders have always been around, but the way people handled things were different.
And it wasn't as frequent as now days.

This culture/society is failing rapidly.
And there's no accountability.

I've little doubt that this board will explode with 100s of stories similar, if not worse, than this one, as summer sets in.
I'm a believer that its a downward spiral of this civilization.

Just my 2 cents.
~Cheers~

edit on 9-4-2014 by Black_Fox because: SpELLiNg

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Ok last post on this. Everything that is normal for being a human is being labeled a "condition" and being giving chemical soups to help "fix" these conditions. It's lazy, and it's stupid, and it always seems to have adverse effects, especially when done to kids.

"Depression" is grossly over-diagnosed. Instead of trying to give kids(or anyone for that matter) a highly addictive magic fix-it and make it go away pill, we need to be teaching them to cope with these very normal feelings. It is normal to feel sad sometimes! Sometimes for a long time, we need to teach coping processes, not trying to eliminate it. We are not robots, and every attempt to make us robotlike, for lack of a better term, has backfired. Not just talking about the new way with the drugs.

Psyche medicine is nothing like normal medicine. If I am diabetic, I have blood sugar tests to prove it, and it is monitored and tweaked until the blood sugar is in a healthy range. Why is there nothing like that for the supposed chemical imbalance in the brain sited for depression? With depression it's a voodoo guess, and they throw all kinds of different pills at you until maybe one works. Sometimes the side effects are way worse than what is being treated. You were down in the dumps before, now all of a sudden you are thinking seriously about suicide. Or you are getting crazy anger spikes that you used to not have. Even hallucinating! No one even knows if the cases that work is not just a placebo effect really.

During adolescence, we are bombarded with emotions because of all the hormones. It's normal, and I think one of the reasons it happens is to help prepare us for life. All these feeling we have, are feelings we will have during the period we are alive. People need to be helped to cope, not suppress. When we naturally suppress, we come out with all kinds of problems, why would chemical suppression be any better for us?

Back to the sad attack at hand.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

What if we're being desensitized in regards to children being
victims of violence? Because of what lay ahead of us?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I wasn't being mean, just spreading the absurdity of that situation to the masses.
It's hard posting a reply on a phone, that will be my first and last attempt.

Thanks for sharing. . . AB

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Some one goes on a rampage with a knife... lots of injured, no dead, you'll notice. Compare to death rates when some nut has a gun and goes into a school.

So why is it when someone goes into a school/cinema with guns the people here are all 'it's a conspiracy' but apparently it's not when someone does it with a knife?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join