It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Stabbing Spree: 20 Hurt in Pittsburgh-Area Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
NBC News

As many as 20 students were hurt when a classmate went on a stabbing rampage in the classrooms and hallways of a high school outside Pittsburgh on Wednesday morning, authorities said.

At least nine people, ranging in age from 15 to 60, were taken to two Pittsburgh-area hospitals, a spokesman said.

This story is just breaking as of now. I am wondering do these people who perform these attacks, try to make a name for themselves in some sort of way. May Father be with all the families.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow. The human race disturbs me. No wonder im a shut in.
Hope there is no fatalities from this incident.
Prayers

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What is it with all the rage in our youth? Perhaps we need to go back to child rearing from 50 years ago? Our youth are not coping with real life. Stopping to think about consequences seems to be a lost action. What next?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
How tragic for all involved, these kinds of things make me so sad, you have to wonder what is influencing teen's to go on these violent spree's. Obviously whatever they are doing to prevent this kind of thing happening in schools is not working. Praying all involved are okay!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

searching411

What is it with all the rage in our youth?

Value transition.

searching411

Perhaps we need to go back to child rearing from 50 years ago?

This wouldn't be a solution but more of a hobbling.

The solution, imho, is to begin a more thorough incorporation of Emotional Management techniques into the education curriculum, as well as the means to develop greater awareness of the illusive nature of reality through Mindfulness training. Control over self MUST become a symbol worthy of collective veneration.

searching411

Our youth are not coping with real life. Stopping to think about consequences seems to be a lost action. What next?

You call this life?
edit on 9-4-2014 by agnisvaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Id be willing to bet this has something to do with bullying. The kid just takes it and takes it for years, all the while plotting to one day exact revenge and then *snap*. Stab stab stab.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Sure, but the root of the problem amounts to an incorrect perception of reality which, in turn, causes emotional irresponsibility which, in turn, causes a bezerker mentality. If emotional responsibility is engendered bullying will become a non-factor.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by searching411

It's obvious what's wrong with American children. Absent fathers, working mothers, two parent incomes. Look at the NY Mets player that was ridiculed by his peers because he missed a couple of stupid games to be with his wife and newborn baby. America has some of the most messed up kids in the world. Our priorities lie in making money not raising our kids.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Come on kids have always been bullied. I was for a little and you know what? I fought back once and no one ever bothered me again. Kids can't deal with anything nowadays because they are raised in an everybody gets a trophy society. Go out and duke it out on the playground? Yeah right kids would get thrown out of school.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

jhill76
NBC News

As many as 20 students were hurt when a classmate went on a stabbing rampage in the classrooms and hallways of a high school outside Pittsburgh on Wednesday morning, authorities said.

At least nine people, ranging in age from 15 to 60, were taken to two Pittsburgh-area hospitals, a spokesman said.

well its now time to ban all knives nationwide,

edit on 4/9/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Or at least bring attention to the consequences of brandishing...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Where there is a way there is a will. Unfortunately fixing the problem is not easy. Gun, knives, pressure cookers, fertilizers, vehicles and the many other regularly available methods to cause mass destruction are not the assailants.

Its mental issues and the moral corruption of human decency by our society that is the problem.

I would think that it would be more effective to regulate the GLAMORIZED violence and role models displayed to society by the Media , than the regulation of guns.

I have a hard time believing that corporations spend billions annually each year with ineffective methods such as advertisements or that media is only effective for making the population impressionable towards buying products but not a lifestyle or a way to set your values.

The other culprit is not treating people with mental issues properly.

Like in politics as long as we ignore the reality or the truth we will not fix these horrible things from occurring.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I disagree - glamorized violence should notbe regulated because glamorized violence isn't the problem it's only a symptom of emotional irregulation; an outmoded worldview.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

agnisvaha
I disagree - glamorized violence should notbe regulated because glamorized violence isn't the problem it's only a symptom of emotional irregulation; an outmoded worldview.

Wasn't suggesting that it should.

However, I do think it would be more effective than taking guns away from individuals as there are plenty other means of doing equally horrific crimes as it has been demonstrated with pressure cookers, fertilizers and vehicles, etc.

I also do believe in the power of Glamorization hence the billions spent each year to market the consumers.

I make it a point to demonstrate to my 6 year old the truth behind drugs and crime before they get to him.

I show him the more realistic programs like Lockup and even online videos of real patients overdosing on drugs to ensure he sees the un-appealing aspects of crime and drugs before Hollywood gets to him with their Glamorization of it.

I want him to be informed of the REALITY and not the made up world Hollywood produces of the Tough smart drug dealers or reformed criminals that get all the Hot girls and live the life of luxury. They rarely show when he or a loved one is killed or is put in jail for the rest of his life or how it destroys families.

Unfortunately , the masses aren't able to filter the glamorization of violence and what is on tv. Many get their role models from tv and games , which subliminally develops their problem solving skill set.

edit on 08430America/ChicagoWed, 09 Apr 2014 12:08:24 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Actually, it's time to arm our Teachers...sad as that is. And Open Carry, not Conceal Carry, as hopefully the site of a handgun becomes a deterrent.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

You have a very responsible and mature outlook I wish you and yours the very best of luck.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I think that it's time for Washington D.C. to act... it's time for some common sense knife control legislation.

/sarcasm

Now, I bet that a responsible, trained and licensed teacher with a concealed handgun would have ended this very quickly.

edit on 9-4-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by jhill76

I think that it's time for Washington D.C. to act... it's time for some common sense knife control legislation.

/sarcasm

Now, I bet that a responsible, trained and licensed teacher with a concealed handgun would have ended this very quickly.

edit on 9-4-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

facelift

Actually, it's time to arm our Teachers...sad as that is. And Open Carry, not Conceal Carry, as hopefully the site of a handgun becomes a deterrent.

i agree with both of you, i should have put the /sarcasm in that first post of mine, thought it was obvious though, are we really in such a poor state as a society that someone could take another as being serious when stating the idea of banning knifes? seriously?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I should have been a little more clear about what was meant by brandishing,

Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath bringeth the punishments of the sword -Wholly Babble

new topics

top topics

join