It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterfalls at Uluru!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
wow how fantastic!

Uluru drenched by first significant rainfall in three years

How briliant! You have no idea how beautiful it is after it rains... Lake Eyre after the drought flourished into a central oasis!

I wish I could embed the video but it is from abc news so isn't giving me direct link.

Uluru is so beautiful anyway but with the waterfalls!! OMG...

just spectacular.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

And in just a few weeks, Central Australia will be adorned by carpets of rare flowers, some of the most amazing scenes are yet to come.

S&F

P

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Glad to hear the drought is letting up. We had a drought oddly enough, lasted about three years, then gave way to good rains last hear, and so far, this year. Now the Mid west is dry, where they had flooding over the past years. I guess the cycles are everywhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Artist: Eileen Bloomfield Perrule

This is how the Indigenous Peoples' describe the landscape after it rains; using Tula dots to indicate travels and the colors indicate the flowers and vegetation.

Magnificent !

edit on CDT06000000Wed, 09 Apr 2014 06:37:47 -05003747am98 by Thurisaz because: clarify

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Central Australia, Lake Eyre is usually a salt pan:

but after it rains, it looks like this:

Goyder Lagoon

and my favorite pic is of the Dingo:

here is another link..this time from UK Online:
Ayers Rock pictured rare storm half years rain fall day

The above link has really great pics

edit on CDT07000000Wed, 09 Apr 2014 07:02:52 -05000252am98 by Thurisaz because: add link

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Wonderful work, lovely artistry! Wonderful photos, well done!

Of course for Australians this is a wonderful, joyful time!

Visitors however should note that some of our native species enjoy the wet as well. Our snakes swim and are best avoided. Crocodiles love the water and the awesome sneak attacks that are possible when the rains come. Dingoes also play well and are not much of an issue but the spiders and such like, all have to find dry ground and it can get crowded sometimes.

Of course this is all good fun for us because we know and love our country but yea mate, visitors need a little situational awareness. Drop bears are generally not an issue, they don't like the water much and prefer to stay up in the tree tops.

P

edit on 9/4/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Oh wow how beautiful! S&F ..I can't wait until i get older & my kids leave home so i can travel around this beautiful country and visit amazing places like that!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

pheonix358

Wonderful work, lovely artistry! Wonderful photos, well done!

Of course for Australians this is a wonderful, joyful time!

Visitors however should note that some of our native species enjoy the wet as well. Our snakes swim and are best avoided. Crocodiles love the water and the awesome sneak attacks that are possible when the rains come. Dingoes also play well and are not much of an issue but the spiders and such like, all have to find dry ground and it can get crowded sometimes.

Of course this is all good fun for us because we know and love our country but yea mate, visitors need a little situational awareness. Drop bears are generally not an issue, they don't like the water much and prefer to stay up in the tree tops.

P

edit on 9/4/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah you got to watch out for them drop bears alright! They might stay up there but they get a little hungry and drop down without warning!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

lol yes... I was at Pichi Richi Old Willows Restaurant years ago for a Xmas work function and I went outside for a cigarette and was sitting on this bench...after a while I decided to walk to the edge of this little water bank. I turned around and was looking around and up and I saw right above the bench in a tree one of these babies:

And they do drop down

Anyway, everyone else that came out of the door to the area where I was... LOL sat down on the bench and I was like... "Come over here" ... and pointed upwards. LMAO... I have never seen grown men run as fast as I did that night.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thurisaz

lol yes... I was at Pichi Richi Old Willows Restaurant years ago for a Xmas work function and I went outside for a cigarette and was sitting on this bench...after a while I decided to walk to the edge of this little water bank. I turned around and was looking around and up and I saw right above the bench in a tree one of these babies:

And they do drop down

Anyway, everyone else that came out of the door to the area where I was... LOL sat down on the bench and I was like... "Come over here" ... and pointed upwards. LMAO... I have never seen grown men run as fast as I did that night.

OMG! i would literally die of shock if i saw THAT! Haha ohhh thats scary! I get Huntsmans alot in my house theyre about the size of a saucer plate thing and they scare me enough my whole world stops and all i hear is my heart flying out of my chest lol.Then i call someone too come and kill it! ill bet they ran like they were going for gold at the olympics holy crap how did you remain so calm! Lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

yeah!!

My Son goes out hunting for goats in that area sometimes and he is walking through webs that are as thick as string! AND he has walked through webs and thrown spiders as big as his had away... LOL

There is no way in hell, I would go out bush walking at night, that is for sure!

Anyway, I would love to go up to Uluru soon, pack my van, take my dog and head up that way...can't though at the moment so have to fantasize about it instead.

edit on CDT06000000Thu, 10 Apr 2014 06:24:15 -05002415am99 by Thurisaz because: typo

top topics

join