It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun at night? Weirdest thing I ever scene.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just went to go get cigs from the corner store, it is 3:51 am est. and west southwest in the sky there is what looks to be the moon only half full but orange and really bright it is huge. I live right outside of Detroit and to see that this bright with all the light pollution is crazy. I even showed the clerk to make sure I'm not seeing things. I am just dumbfounded.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acousticsasylum

Didn't have my phone with me of coarse, how does that always happen. Like clockwork man.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

At least you didn't call emergency services to report the moon as a UFO like this guy:

www.youtube.com...

But you did post about it in a UFO forum, and referred to "sun" in the title...why?

By the way the large appearance on the horizon is called "the moon illusion" and the color change is a result of looking through more atmosphere to see it, which filters out the shorter bluish wavelengths, leaving the more reddish wavelengths, like sunsets can also do.

edit on 9-4-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have never seen this before and the moon sets in the opposite direction, no?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

From what I can gather, you're dumb founded because you don't
know what you're looking at, at four o'clock in the morning.
The Sun or the moon. And you're close to Detroit.

And you smoke.
edit on Ram40914v142014u11 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Acousticsasylum
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have never seen this before and the moon sets in the opposite direction, no?

Uh, no. It rises in the east and sets in the west. Are you in school still? if so, please, stay in it. If not, consider going back. Please.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am saying it "looks" like. Not is, I know what the night sky looks like here I'm up at this time almost always. And never have I seen this in the sky. Idk what else to say like an orange half blown up Death Star

edit on 9-4-2014 by Acousticsasylum because: Spelling mistake

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Is it still like that could you get a pic now? Sounds trippy!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

I will try. Be back soon

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

A fair minded request that may lead us from weirdness
to on topic weirdness.
edit on Ram40914v222014u18 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Edit: Nevermind.
edit on 9-4-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Shana91aus

Now you've gone and done it ... if he doesn't make it back, it's your fault!! Sheesh!! Send a guy out at 04:00 ... in Detroit ... on an ATS picture hunt.

Did I make you feel bad??

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

randyvs

From what I can gather, you're dumb founded because you don't
know what you're looking at, at four o'clock in the morning.
The Sun or the moon. And you're close to Detroit.

And you smoke.
edit on Ram40914v142014u11 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Hey whats smoking got to do with it? I smoke does that mean everyone else that doesn't is superior to me?
This reminds me of yesterday morning though so it could be a smokers thing ha i drove my partner to work at 4:30 am after i dropped him off i saw this bunch of bright lights in the sky all bright white colours and they looked like they were circular and spinning i almost drove off the road trying to keep track of them anyway i called my partner and asked if he could see them he said yes and was like wtf too but realised it was a plane, i had never seen a plane with them colours and all the lights like that before apparently it was huge and different to the norm though. Just shows all the crazy conclusions our brain can jump too when we see something weird & i probably spend to much time on here reading ufo stuff! So its my instant conclusion Lol. I doubt the smoking has anything to do with it though

link   
I can't get a pic it is too dark, anyone from Midwest confirm anything west of you on the horizon? If not hope it's not local haha.

link   

Snarl

Shana91aus

Now you've gone and done it ... if he doesn't make it back, it's your fault!! Sheesh!! Send a guy out at 04:00 ... in Detroit ... on an ATS picture hunt.

Did I make you feel bad??

Hahahaha!! Uh oh what have i done!
edit on 9-4-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Acousticsasylum
I can't get a pic it is too dark, anyone from Midwest confirm anything west of you on the horizon? If not hope it's not local haha.

So something that looks like the sun is too dark to photograph? Ok ...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Phew you made it back! Lol. Damn! Well im sure if it was something crazy something will pop up and you had the person verify you weren't crazy so you know they saw it too..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I'm cool, thanks to my " Right to bear arms". And I really wish someone can confirm. And smoking cigs has what to do with this?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Ooooh, I LOVE seeing the moon when it is close to the horizon. It is trippy, like it doesn't belong in our sky.

It usually only lasts a few minutes. Don't feel bad you missed snapping a pic, I've missed the opportunity many times.

Here's some information about the "Moon Illusion" Moon

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The actual photo is to dark just looks like a grain p.0.s, I have a flip phone still...... I will now upgrade do to this event.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join