It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare is working!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

You still haven't explained your position on the MLR 80/20 rules that insurance companies are following.

How does that affect your views?

How does that affect who gets the most money?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm pissed at both the insurance companies and the government. I don't mind paying taxes for things like Infrastructure and National Defense. I don't really even mind MediCare and MedicAid. But we are getting taxed into the poor house. The ACA is just what broke this camels back. Not ACA related, but they are tossing around the idea of a mileage tax now, on top of all the taxes we already pay.

They're not even trying to hide the blatant thievery anymore.

I'm sick of paying taxes and not seeing any results other than I seem to be poorer a little bit more every year. So yea, the ACA is not working for me.

I know I painted with a broad brush, and I apologize for that. I know there are plenty of hard working people in poverty. But just as there are fat cat swindlers, swindlers exist at all levels. Those are the people I'm also pissed at.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here's another story about where the insurance sign-ups are coming from....

The Number of Uninsured Is Dropping, but Not Thanks to Obamacare Exchanges

What's with that big surge in employer-based coverage? "Some of it could be improvements in the economy, which might have happened regardless of the Affordable Care Act," Kaiser Family Foundation vice president Larry Levitt told Talking Points Memo. Possibly, although the number of new jobs added since last September is only a little over 1 million. Another option, according to Levitt: "people who previously turned down employer coverage signed up to avoid getting penalized." The individual mandate, which kicks in on next year's taxes if you haven't been enrolled for nine months of 2014, spurred the late March push for enrollments on the exchanges. Levitt suggests that it may also have spurred people to sign up for employer coverage they previously ignored.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Willtell

Let's talk about the 6 million that lost their insurance when Obamacare was enacted.

Any sympathy for them?

Riiight. If they could afford insurance in the first place, they must be one percenters, and we all know how liberals love the one percenters (the ones that aren't liberals). So tough luck for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And as I like to say, if you're pissing off the right, something good is coming from it.

Yourself and your equivalent political cheerleader on the right are the main reason why this country is broken.

You guys are to busy throwing mud at each other that fail to concentrate on the real problem and the real enemy.

In regards to Obamacare, its too early to tell how badly the middle class gets punished or saved. However

moneymorning.com...

edit on 20430America/ChicagoWed, 09 Apr 2014 16:20:00 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You still haven't explained your position on the MLR 80/20 rules that insurance companies are following.

It's an interesting idea, unfortunately the insurance companies will of course cook the books to make damn sure they fall within this threshold so they don't have to rebate anyone. Like hell they're gonna let a dime go back to the people that pay into their system.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by ScientiaFortisDefendit

You can get paid for expressing your ideas? I can do that, where do I apply?

Washington DC.

Fox News,MSNBC etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you support the ACA then all you truly support is an Insurance Company bail out.
That is all the law is and all it was ever meant to be.
Think about it.
All of the "Babby Boomers" are getting old, leaving the work force and with age comes health problems.
The Insurance companies would most likely go bankrupt with out the implementation of the ACA.
Could the dems have passed a better bill?
Of course!
They could have passed something much better, WITH republican support, for the American people.
They truly don't care about the people though, that is why they chose to bail out the Insurance Companies instead.
Quad

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You need to do some research ....

then post back..

clearly you don't have a clue as to what has been going on with that.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

When the housing bust occurred we had a major life insurance company get put into receivership because they had invested the company's reserves into the direvitives and lost quite a bit of money.
I don't know weather or not the health insurance companies did the same but well obamacare just might have bailed them out of that mess.
It could very well be that the insurance companies are already quite insolvent and needing a bailout and they haven't gotten to most of the boomers yet!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

There wasn't going to be republican support for any kind of health care law. Republicans at the time were on board with anything but trying to get it indefinitely tabled. Republicans don't work with this administration on ANYTHING. They proved this when they got the nation's AAA credit rating lowered instead of working with this administration.

Same with the ACA.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

There was literally NO answer I could have given you to that question that you wouldn't have given the EXACT same response. lol

Quick, give me another question that no matter how I'll answer it i'll be wrong in your eyes! lmao

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

They proved this when they got the nation's AAA credit rating lowered instead of working with this administration.

Ya the left didn't have an ounce of responsibility in that one at all...
Please bring back your old avatar, it was quite comical

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

HauntWok

There was literally NO answer I could have given you to that question that you wouldn't have given the EXACT same response. lol

Quick, give me another question that no matter how I'll answer it i'll be wrong in your eyes! lmao

"literally NO answer" you say?

A good answer would have been to cite advantages/pros and problems/cons with that part of the law.

Clearly you have literally no knowledge of this.

You should study it and see if it fits your thinking (it might).

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

They proved this when they got the nation's AAA credit rating lowered instead of working with this administration.

Excuse Me!!!
Please get your story correct if your going to blame just one party. Yes, the Republicans were not going to raise taxes for Obamas sake.
But then again, Obama didn't listen to the S&P either and tried to Low Ball them and after he was caught, tried to pass it off as a Mistake or Error!!
An Error, Right, Much Like his entire Administration!

The decision follows a fierce political battle in Congress over cutting spending and raising taxes to reduce the government's debt burden and allow its statutory borrowing limit to be raised.

On August 2, President Barack Obama signed legislation designed to reduce the fiscal deficit by $2.1 trillion over 10 years. But that was well short of the $4 trillion in savings S&P had called for as a good "down payment" on fixing America's finances.

Late on Friday, the Treasury said the rating agency's debt calculations were wrong by some $2 trillion.

U S Loses

The company, one of three major agencies that offer advice to investors in debt securities, said it was cutting its rating of long-term federal debt to AA+, one notch below the top grade of AAA. It described the decision as a judgment about the nation’s leaders, writing that “the gulf between the political parties” had reduced its confidence in the government’s ability to manage its finances.

“The downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenge,” the company said in a statement.

The Obama administration reacted with indignation, noting that the company had made a significant mathematical mistake in a document that it provided to the Treasury Department on Friday afternoon, overstating the federal debt by about $2 trillion.

“A judgment flawed by a $2 trillion error speaks for itself,” a Treasury spokeswoman said.

S&P downgrades

Yup, two trillion dollar Error, Obama is the Error and some of you Voted for him, TWICE!!!!

If Obama and his Administration can't even get our budget numbers right, how are they going to get ACA numbers right?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Willtell
reply to post by Bilk22

All of your rhetoric, and that’s all it is, filled with labels and name calling doesn’t dispel the death of that young lady that is the direct hand of an inhuman policy by certain people in this country...

You are making something simple complex to justify selfishness….And your reasoning falls by the wayside.

Wait-a-minute!

So it is selfishness to resist being ordered/mandated to do something?
It is selfishness to resist being forced to pay into a system?

Bull-poop.

More progressive word potty!

You are a master of bull poop, I will give you that.

The fact of the mater is, the insurance mandate was designed and championed by conservatives first, Newt Gingrich, the Heritage Foundation and who ever else programs conservatism.

Although beck then it was called "BEING RESPONSIBLE"

*yawn*

Blame it on the GOP, I'll simply ask again, how many republicans voted for this mess?

(quick hint, the answer is none)

Goes to show that the GOP and Conservative establishment are co-opted by a severe hypocrisy. It also goes to show that the conservatives populace can be lead by the nose. 15 years ago such a mandate was a common conservative policy, but conservatives cannot support these policies now because it will only go to empower Obama's agenda.

You know what, if you guys all want to delude yourself into a group think type stupor, be my guest. You guys lost the last election based upon the the same ailment

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

HauntWok

There wasn't going to be republican support for any kind of health care law. Republicans at the time were on board with anything but trying to get it indefinitely tabled. Republicans don't work with this administration on ANYTHING. They proved this when they got the nation's AAA credit rating lowered instead of working with this administration.

Same with the ACA.

The main binge spending problems came at the authority of Democrat controlled Congresses (2007 thru 2010).

The entire PPACA debate came with a "heart attack" style full majority Democrat Congress and POTUS.

The big credit rating downgrade came in late 2011 because the Democrats were palpitating and fibrillating because they knew some spending cuts were on the way. They did their best to limit those cuts. The initial warnings were in April 2011.

The credit rating downgrade was 100% owned and operated by Democrats.

Thank Gawd some Republicans still have some fiscal sense (only a few).

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

Interesting about so-called Republican insurance mandates.

Can you show us all the proposed federal legislations that were voted on ?

Love to compare.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

HauntWok

Please if you would, I'd like a True Blue Believer in Obama to read the 634 examples of obamas lying, lawbreaking and corruption and answer them for me so I can understand better why you all voted for him. Twice!
Here is a link.
Obama Supproters
I'll be patiently waiting and I'll Thank You in advance.
I was hoping you'd be honest.
edit on 9-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sorry guys, you aren't rewriting this history. You may have gotten most conservatives to think that Paul Revere warned the british, and that the constitution was written on stone tablets and given to George Washington by God on Mount Vernon.

Cmon guys, pull the other leg. I know that history is hard. But don't just start lying. The GOP was never going to vote for any part of the Healthcare law. Once Obama was in office war was on with this administration. The GOP became the party of NO.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join