It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare is working!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Not sure if this ties in or not but my older post when I went to apply for ACA kind of says a lot. I don't fall into the 100 to 400 percent at all.
But do check the pictures I took, they are linked in my OP there.

I since lost my job so I'm getting on medicare now unless the jobs I applied for come through asap. I have high hopes.

Regardless, I'm still opting to pay the 97 dollar fine. No way am I parting with my hard earned money for something I won't use and still have to pay a huge deductible on before it even kicks in, just to start it over again Jan 1st. NOT worth it. Nope.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It works for some and some it doesn't. I think it will work itself out eventually it takes time.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

3u40r15m
It works for some and some it doesn't. I think it will work itself out eventually it takes time.

Neville Chamberlain said something like that once.

So did Jimmy Carter.

And Obama is *still* looking for those 57 States (and his original birth certificate) !!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3u40r15m

It's not perfect. it's not. There are some things that definitely need to be fixed. But it's not the apocalypse, world ending, ragnarok doomsday scenario that conservatives are making it out to be.

It's a good step in the right direction, it's not perfect. It's just a good step in the right direction.

Conservatives aren't going to listen though, they are in full on freak out make everyone fear everything mode.

I have insurance for the first time in 11 years. It's not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Yes, it's a hit to my budget, but least now I can go get a physical. And maybe I'll luck out and I'll just be ok.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

xuenchen

3u40r15m

Neville Chamberlain said something like that once.

So did Jimmy Carter.

And Obama is *still* looking for those 57 States (and his original birth certificate) !!!

Lol he'll find them when he's out the office

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Well unfortunately, some Conservatives actually trusted this as did most Democrats.

The ones that didn't are seeing the easily predicted nightmares come true.

The trust is breaking.

The ropes are snapping.

Say, one more thing.

How does that MLR 80/20 rule work with the insurance companies ?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

HauntWok

It's not perfect. it's not. There are some things that definitely need to be fixed. But it's not the apocalypse, world ending, ragnarok doomsday scenario that conservatives are making it out to be.

It's a good step in the right direction, it's not perfect. It's just a good step in the right direction.

Conservatives aren't going to listen though, they are in full on freak out make everyone fear everything mode.

I have insurance for the first time in 11 years. It's not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Yes, it's a hit to my budget, but least now I can go get a physical. And maybe I'll luck out and I'll just be ok.

I personally will give you this post, cuz yeah, they're trying, yes. For everyone ever to have insurance is a beautiful idea. I've NEVER had insurance in my 41 years of life. ever. well, in '13 i was on medicaid and that was it, for a one time operation in my 41 years. Then I moved State and it went away. Anyway, I wont pay 43% of my annual income for this, and that is what my numbers were for my income level, in a state that does not give medicaid. But yeah, it's a great idea for everyone to have coverage - but those deductibles and monthly payments. That is what's killing most in the wallets. I'd end up using that insurance, getting my needs taken care of - and then not paying the medical bills. Can't afford no 10k deductible. Nope.

Medical bills fall off the bad credit record in 7 years thank god.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Yeah see it isn't a train wreck for some. But I have seen friends get screwed because of it ome actually died due to a few flaws. He was dying anyway but the old system would have took better care and would have gave him the care needed. Its just a few knots need to be worked on. But then again.... what pleases some will be a disaster for other. Too many people in this ccountry to please everyone is on different pages.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I sound horrific in my last sentence. I have never done that personally. I'm just stating what most have done who can't pay their bills. Let em fall off of the bad credit 7 year report.

My major surgery I had done in 13 was covered by medicaid.
I paid zero dollars for a 72k dollar surgery.
zero.
that's how all insurance should be. I'm definitely beyond unknowing how insurance works mind you, so this will make NO sense to those who are in the know but I gotta ramble anyway because my mind wants to.

Why can't we all pay 100 or 200 a month for insurance
and have zero to pay for our medical stuff? If medicaid can do it, the entire usa should go that route.

I've been on ATS long enough to ask myself ,"Where does this so and so free surgery and stuff come from then? NO one gets anything for free."

You're right, me. I just don't know how to answer that because I don't know.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

HauntWok

OK, good for you.
But what about the American that now does not have health insurance that had it before through their employer?
Here's a question for ya, what about that 26 year old that turns 27 this June? You know you can't buy health insurance now, not even with preexisting conditions, you can, but it may be Not Obama Approved and Very Expensive.
What about that person who's getting that new job in May and their going to pay the Penalty and then after their pay checks start rolling in they want Obamacare!!!!

Nope, Not till next Open Season!!

There is yet another ObamaCare surprise waiting for consumers: from now until the next open enrollment at the end of this year, most people will simply not be able to buy any health insurance at all, even outside the exchanges.

"It's all closed down. You cannot buy a policy that is a qualified policy for the purpose of the ACA (the Affordable Care Act) until next year on January 1,"

That means that with few exceptions, tens of millions of people will be locked out of the health insurance market for the rest of this year.

Geee, Really, I thought with Obamacare, the whole idea was for Americans to be able to buy Affordable Healthcare.

That means millions are left outside the health insurance market. There is short term insurance, but anyone with a pre-existing condition can be turned down.

The reason sales of health insurance were crammed into short enrollment periods was so insurance companies would have some certainty about who would be in the risk pool, allowing them to set their rates accordingly.

Goodman explains, "they fear that the only people who will try to buy are people who are sick, and they are going to be expensive. So it’s built into the screwy logic of the whole ObamaCare system."

DiVito puts it this way: "So can you imagine that on July 1, an indvidual's walking down the street, they get hit by a car, the ambulance comes and picks them up and inside that ambulance is an insurance salesman selling them a policy. That is exactly what the insurance industry was trying to avoid."

Last Obama Care Surprise
Yes, there is an Open Season for Health Insurance Now, So you will be Told Between What Months you can Shop for Health Insurance. If you don't buy then, you keep what you have, If It's Obama Approved, or you change or you go with out for a year!

That You Obama, just one more thing, Americans needed to be Told To Do, other than Work, Pay Our Taxes and Die!

edit on 9-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Expat888
Its extortion by government and insurance companies .. as to statistics they can be slanted to say anything ..
Keep drinking the koolaid maybe big brother will give you a bonus from the money extorted from a public that can ill afford the fiasco called obamacare .. other countries have far better healthcare available at far less cost than what passes for healthcare in america ..

True, in Mexico, with all their problems and pretty much drug-lords based government, their health care costs about 100-300 per year. Granted it won't be the best of the best stuff, but at least you can get something, and there is also free (as in not a single dollar paid) but only if you qualify, not sure about requirements.

If they are doing so bad, how do they manage to give everyone almost (free) social security?

And i'm pretty sure other countries have it better.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Why can't we all pay 100 or 200 a month for insurance
and have zero to pay for our medical stuff? If medicaid can do it, the entire usa should go that route.
(^^^^ partial quote)

well here's some real numbers to ponder....

In 2012 U.S. health care spending increased 3.7 percent
to reach $2.8 trillion,

or $8,915 per person

National Health Expenditures 2012 Highlights

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The 26 yr old can sign up for medical (health n wellness) no?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Out of the 7 million supposed people that signed up, how many were prisoners? You can take your militant liberal condescending attitude and shove it pal.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

3u40r15m
reply to post by guohua

The 26 yr old can sign up for medical (health n wellness) no?

If that's true Freedom of the Nest, why the push to get the youngsters to sign up.
Actually, all it is really is a Parent Supplemental insurance, The parent has to sign the paper work to get the insurance and is responsible.
No, No, No,,,, That's just more Nanny B S.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

edit on 9-4-2014 by 3u40r15m because: eh

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Obamacare is working!

Your perception of "working" may differ from mine.

Democrats confronted by the massive problems caused by Obamacare - millions of plans canceled, spiking premiums, lost doctors - have retreated to a vague promise to fix the law.

Obamacare problems

Oh isn't this delightful? I've nearly got all the FOX News fear-hounds already replying their talking points like good little parrots.

Here's something from FOX News. Refute it. I dare ya.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Here's another big boondoggle that apparently the Republicans have fixed.

The scared Democrats and Obama had no choice but to go along even though they hate this.....

The PPACA flaw that made a death panel transparent.

Republicans work to ‘fix’ ObamaCare

note: most of the Main Stream Malarkey tried hard to make this look like a Democrat success.

Can't imagine why.

Them Democrats had it all planned and well hidden to throw Gramma off the cliff.

Not so fast there slick !!!

Medicare Advantage still is alive.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for proving the ops point, comparing a nazy monster to anything hapening in the us is a joke, really the nazy propaganda monster to the ops thread, or is it obama thats a nazy.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thank you op, you got the circle jerkers out in force, i am not a fan of puppet obama but i am still waiting for the end of the world that is coming because obama the monster, still no proof, just alot of big bad words.

I really like it when they compare obama, to hitler, stalin, mao, you really see that reality is not something they understand.

I also like when they say the left is using propaganda and fix numbers( which is true), then open threads using the same logic as the left, using polls, blogs, same fake news the left uses.

I cant wait for the next election, hillary or Jeb bush, the comedy show wont stop.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join