Obamacare is working!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+22 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The proof? For starters the right wingers of the country are freaking out, foaming at the mouth, rambling like hobo's urinating on themselves over it.

OMG People are getting healthcare coverage! The outrage!

And as I like to say, if you're pissing off the right, something good is coming from it.

These people are freaking out harder than if Obama went to their house personally ran over their dog, shot their wife, sold their kids into slavery and burned their house down.

Obama: Oh you know thats commin next! Starting with him!

I just got to wonder, do these people get up in the morning and slam their fists down on the floor of their house yelling "YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL, "?

But is all the hooplah, the insanity really what it's cracked up to be? Is the world ending in the next few months because the Affordable Care Act is rolling out?

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The percentage of Americans without health insurance dipped to its lowest in nearly six years due in part to U.S. President Barack Obama's healthcare reform law, commonly known as Obamacare, according to a Gallup poll released on Monday.

Some 15.6 percent of Americans lacked health insurance in the first three months of 2014, down from a high of 18 percent in late 2013, according to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index survey.

"'Obamacare' appears to be accomplishing its goal of increasing the percentage of Americans with health insurance coverage," the report said.

www.newsweek.com...

Health Reform Monitoring Survey. In this survey, conducted by the Urban Institute and supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the rate of uninsurance among non-elderly adults fell from 17.6 percent in the first quarter of 2013 to 15.2 percent in the first quarter of 2014.
The Rand Corporation. According to reporting by Noam Levey of the Los Angeles Times, unpublished research from Rand suggests that the percentage of uninsured Americans fell from 20.9 in late 2013 to 16.6 percent in early 2014.
Department of Health and Human Services. Late last week, HHS announced that enrollment in Medicaid and CHIP was 3 million higher than it had been in late 2013.

www.newrepublic.com...

It is now four years since the Affordable Care Act was enacted. And in more than 30 years in government, I’ve never seen a law get so little recognition for doing so much good so quickly.

The right measure of the ACA isn’t whether it avoids political controversy; it’s whether it makes America better by achieving its five most fundamental goals: expanding health-insurance coverage, lowering costs and promoting fiscal responsibility, increasing quality through innovation, protecting seniors and delivering peace of mind to American families by guaranteeing essential rights in dealing with insurance companies.

By that standard the law is already a success. Health insurance has expanded. More than 5 million Americans have signed up for coverage through federal and state marketplaces; millions have been determined eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program; and 3 million young adults gained insurance through their parents’ coverage. Even more compelling than statistics are the letters hard-working Americans are sharing with the president. Their unscripted and private testimonials are building a lasting record of the life-changing—and often lifesaving—impacts the ACA is having. One woman from Colorado shared what the peace of mind of having coverage meant to her. “After using my new insurance for the first time, you probably heard my sigh of relief from the White House,” she wrote to President Obama. “I felt like a human being again. I felt that I had value.”

www.politico.com...

But conservatives don't want it to work. And over the next two years they are going to bring out a SLEW of people who they are going to point at to tell you how awful this law is and how it's going to kill you, your family, and everyone you've ever cared about like the plague it is.

The Afordable Care Act according to conservatives except more Kenya ey with a Stalin hat and Hitler mustache!

The thing you should take away from this is, that while it's not perfect, it's a helluva lot better than what we had before. And the proof is how much the right is freaking out over it.

But why?

Because the more that it works, the more votes they are going to lose. So they want you to hate it, they want you to think that it's going to cost you everything you hold dear. That's their game, it's the only game they know, fear. They don't know reason, or using facts to gain the upper ground in an argument. They only have one play, fear.

The typical conservative contimplating what they saw on FOX & Friends that morning

Of course people who can actually research for themselves, might find that while not perfect it's better than before, and it's a start on a direction that this country should be going in. And that my friends is death for a conservative, progression to a better United States.

Conservatives have to say goodbye to the 1950s, they are long gone. Never to return. Homosexuals are out of the closet, black people as we've found out are real people too. And being a nerd is a good thing!

Not pictured: The modern American family

So bear with it America, the #storm that is the Affordable Care Act is here, and Conservatives are on the warpath. Expect their glorious leaders over at FOX News to give them handy dandy unfact checked sound bytes to use on a daily basis as proof positive that hell is in fact on Earth, that America is completely doomed, and that Satan himself is in the white house!

Oh, I guess they rolled out Obamacare!

edit on 8-4-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-4-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I thought this forum was for mudslinging, not satire?

The joke forum is in BTS. It's free to use...

EDIT TO ADD: It IS pretty funny. Don't feel too disheartened. Hollywood is always looking for humor/fiction writers. Hats off for the pics as well. 1 star.
edit on 8-4-2014 by madmac5150 because: Obamacare is FUNNY!!

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So independent it is scary!!

Obama care is no where near better then what we had before.
The problem is still in the fact that services and medicatiosn are GROSSLY over priced.
That is the issue not that people don't have health insurance but if you don't have and an accident happens you are buried in bills for the rest of your life.
Obama didn't fix a thing, he just gave more money to the big pharm and big insurance

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I lean liberal, but 'pissing of the right' as you put it is not the point.

Getting affordable healthcare for as many citizens of the USA as possible is.

The divide that you are apparently trying to foster simply puts people against each other rather than help us come together and find workable solutions to the country's problems.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Its extortion by government and insurance companies .. as to statistics they can be slanted to say anything ..
Keep drinking the koolaid maybe big brother will give you a bonus from the money extorted from a public that can ill afford the fiasco called obamacare .. other countries have far better healthcare available at far less cost than what passes for healthcare in america ..

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Getting affordable healthcare for as many citizens of the USA as possible is.

You know you are absolutely right, that was the point of the ACA.

The divide that you are apparently trying to foster simply puts people against each other rather than help us come together and find workable solutions to the country's problems.

I would love to have done that. But even if a person is dead center in politics, these people are freaking out. I'm actually quite sick and tired of trying to talk to these people on a reasonable level, they don't have a reasonable level and frankly I have little time to even try with these people anymore. And frankly the country should be fed up with them as well and call them all out for what they truly are.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I wonder why all the people that despise Obamacare are labelled in some sort of negative way?

People are entitled to dislike this farce for whatever reason they choose. The people who got their insurance plans cancelled because it didn't line up with what Obama thought it should be are entitled to hate it. The people who can not afford the premiums they are being forced to pay for are entitled to hate it. The people who are paying tons for their premium because some folks can't carry their weight (not from disability) are entitled to hate it. The people who were not allowed to keep their doctors and their plans are entitled to hate it. And the people who don't want the government monitoring their prostate exams and pap smears are entitled to hate it.

People who are aware of "The Slippery Slope" are also entitled to hate it.

The list could go on and on.

Good for those who only have to pay $20 a month for insurance. That result is far from being the norm.

I can hate Obamacare without hating Obama. I could also love Obamacare without loving Obama. The two are not mutually exclusive.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I'll bet that you wished you could fix the title, huh?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

HauntWokI'm actually quite sick and tired of trying to talk to these people on a reasonable level, they don't have a reasonable level and frankly I have little time to even try with these people anymore. And frankly the country should be fed up with them as well and call them all out for what they truly are.

I feel that way about both parties much of the time. I think the 2 party system may be a bit broken at this point.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

So.. because of Obamacare the amount of people with insurance dipped to the lowest its been in 6 years. Or to put it another way the lowest its been since Obama got into office. Lol.
I guess you have to have government insurance under the terrible government and weak economy Obama is losing over.

Too bad the numbers are funded and less than amillion of the seven million that signed up have actually paid their first payment.

Nice try though.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I'm conservative by nature but have no use for republicans either. It was my great desire to actually see Obama succeed and obamacare actually work. People do deserve quality healthcare.

That said Obama has misrepresented his flagship healthcare plan from the git-go.
    "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor!"
    Obamacare won't raise premiums by one dime!
    Etc, etc, etc.

Talk about sticker shock, I went to sign up and they wanted between $5,500-$7,200 annual payments with high co-pay and a sickeningly high deductible. Obamacare is a total fail. Here's how many new people are covered with healthcare since Obama took office. Obamacare is a fail unless you're special and get an exception.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well I guess that leaves 48,360,000 people still uninsured ?

Screaming success !!!

And I hear the exchanges are C-L-O-S-E-D until next season.

Pop Pop Fizz Fizz

No work.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

HauntWok

Conservatives have to say goodbye to the 1950s, they are long gone. Never to return. Homosexuals are out of the closet, black people as we've found out are real people too. And being a nerd is a good thing!

Somehow I missed this ^^^^^^^ in my original post...

Seriously? You couldn't make it through the whole post without pulling the race/gay card? People only pull those when they are on the wrong side of the debate. It covers your bases and makes others feel the need to defend themselves instead of discussing the real issue at hand.

You've shown yourself firmly in the camp of those who believe that anyone who refuses to fall to their knees having anything and everything to do with Obama must be a homophobic racist.

Nice.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oh isn't this delightful? I've nearly got all the FOX News fear-hounds already replying their talking points like good little parrots.

Proving my point is so much fun. Nary a real statistic in sight, no sourced data, no real facts, just fear, fear, and more fear!

Isn't it fun? I mean during the early naughts we were steamrolled with fear getting us into two wars. And it worked! So, conservatives feel that this is the way to go. Instead of being the party of small government lower taxes, and limited spending, instead they are a one trick pony. FEAR!

I for one refuse to be afraid. No matter what those idiots over at FOX News tell me.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Nope, I don't watch faux-news. Don't even have a TV. Better ask the Liar-in-Chief for some better talking points on his failed health care plan. Not sure you can trust anything he says though.

Fact-checking organization Politifact has named their “Lie of the Year,” and it’s bad news for the White House and the Affordable Care Act.

President Barack Obama’s often-repeated assertion that “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it,” won the ignominious honor for 2013, the group announced. NBC News

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

HauntWok
Oh isn't this delightful? I've nearly got all the FOX News fear-hounds already replying their talking points like good little parrots.

Proving my point is so much fun. Nary a real statistic in sight, no sourced data, no real facts, just fear, fear, and more fear!

Isn't it fun? I mean during the early naughts we were steamrolled with fear getting us into two wars. And it worked! So, conservatives feel that this is the way to go. Instead of being the party of small government lower taxes, and limited spending, instead they are a one trick pony. FEAR!

I for one refuse to be afraid. No matter what those idiots over at FOX News tell me.

Well I put my answers in.

The only things you cited were some percentages that point right to the base of the failure.

Nothing about debts people will amass when the deductibles hit them in a crisis.

Nothing about expiring policies this year that will put people in jeopardy.

Nothing about specific things that don't get covered.

Nothing about part time workers who will have to pay their own way into bankruptcy court.

Nothing about the garbled networks that put people miles away from doctors and hospitals and bar them from their old doctors and hospitals.

Nothing about a whole bunch of things.

Thanks for exposing the failures of Obama.Care !!!

The *Gall*

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
But what if the website says you qualified for Medicaid and the State has not got back to you. Limbo is a cold place, but it isn't lonely. Lots of people from the website are in that boat. But 6 million visitors to the site and 800k signed up, all for the 30 million without insurance at the cost of 40 million losing the plans they had....worked just like every other Obama-plan.

I almost forgot that in order to try to have a dialogue with the Senate, the government shutdown and the website failing to work right until a billion dollars was spent on it despite having three years to work on it. And no one knows just if or how secure all that information gathered there is...yep working like a champ...punch drunk and inarticulate to boot.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

xuenchen

Nothing about the garbled networks that put people miles away from doctors and hospitals and bar them from their old doctors and hospitals.

My favorite was the boy in Covington, KY that could not continue to go across the river to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati a 15 minute drive tops and instead had to make a three hour round trip to Lexington, KY for less quality care for his daily healthcare needs.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Conservatives have to say goodbye to the 1950s
(^^^^partial quote)

I think Progressives are saying hello to 1984.

Be careful what ya wish for !!

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The OP is firmly in the Goebbels line of thought. Keep repeating the lie until everybody believes it. almost every post can be reduced to three or four talking points. The only thing missing is a "SQWAUK!" at the end of such inane ramblings when it comes to supporting his/her messiah.

Even though the facts are out there that the ACA is a disaster and is gaining speed, the OP clearly ignores the facts and instead toes the party line like a good little soldier, spewing forth polling data that clearly goes against the majority of other major polling networks. What's the saying? There's Polls, Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics. All easily manipulated to further another miserable agenda.

I'm sure their jackboots need shining and the brownshirt needs pressing.
edit on 9-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join