It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ufo I spotted earlier tonight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So yea, I spotted a ufo hovering in the general vicinity of were I work, just litterally almost two hours aho. I was just gazing the sky, looking as how the clouds seem somewhat redish/pink with some star in the background. As I was looking at one pair of stars, I thought I was seeing one of them move. Then it turned out to be the other moving when I had a better adjustment by stopping.

The ufo was in somewhat in the middle of the sky, I guess if a better angle was given, i'd say my view of it was like 50 degrees. It was a yellowish light with not more details other then being a yellow shaded light. I could see some light shining on the clouds, but I know the planets could do that t0o. Wouldn't be surprised if a satellite could do the same thing.

It kinda did a slow zig zag, movement... subtly anyways. And as it was going into the horizon of clouds, it change color. Going into a bluish, white, which made it look like it dimmer was rotated. Then, disappeared into the clouds.

So, yea...Any guesses?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I am at a loss - the zig zag movement rules out a lot of things I should think. Perhaps an aviation expert will drop by and help ID the thing (or if not, you saw a UFO).

edit on 8-4-2014 by Elton because: added a comma

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

zig-zag movement and colour changes suggest Scintillation I'd say.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

By zig zaging, I mean it going left and right, or right and left. Whilst going forward.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So, yea…Any guesses?

People will find it difficult to make any determination without more information, so one guess is as good as another.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sounds like you maybe saw a UFO..........

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
you aint foolin me;
everyone knows a specimen is an italian astronaut

that said:
a ufo?
well, definitely the unidentified part for sure...and at least in this case they can't say lens flare...
and no photoshopped pixels...no roaring jet sound...
pass...its a ufo

edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago23 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

The color change was kinda dramatic, and it didn't appear to be twinkling. Plus, it just got dimmer and dimmer as it went out of sight once it got deeper into the smokescreen of clouds.

The opposite direction of sky I was looking at had a good view of some bright twinkling stars.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
automated drone mapping might make strange zig zag course changes?

but without pictures. I'm just speculating. as are you
edit on 4-9-14 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Lets see no location , no direction ,no accurate time, NO POINT!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I started this thread at 9pm eastern, of a bright yellow object I witnessed tonight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was falling from the sky, and... well, just read my thread. First post I wrote in a hurry trying to get the details and some thoughts of what happened. Not a ton of posts after so it's a quick read. May be the same object, but I live in PA, I don't know where you witnessed your UFO from.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Saw the same sorta thing the last two nights in a row without the zig zagging and it turnt out it was the ISS after a quick search

Didn't think you could see it in a city with light pollution and that but...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I sense much frustration in that tone of yours

9:10 - 9:15 pm, April 8, Peel Region(that all ur getting for location), Canada, Ont.

I guess it was coming from the north west, going somewhat south, east from where I was standing. Road orientation wise, it was going pretty much southbound.

General direction of Toronto. So east.

Maybe u should say PLZ?
edit on 9-4-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Automated Drones...Aren't those used for stealth and highway patrols usually?

I mean, there is a few big highway near my workplace. I've seen black unmarked cop helicopters, go back and forth trying to capture high speeders. Aren't they small?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Specimen

9:10 - 9:15 pm, April 8, Peel Region(that all ur getting for location), Canada, Ont.

I guess it was coming from the north west, going somewhat south, east from where I was standing. Road orientation wise, it was going pretty much southbound.

General direction of Toronto. So east.

Maybe u should say PLZ?

You spotted a satellite in my opinion.

The zig zag sounds a lot like many sightings.

I could see some light shining on the clouds, but I know the planets could do that t0o. Wouldn't be surprised if a satellite could do the same thing. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can planets do that can they, didn't know that.

Light shining onto clouds makes it sound like its in the atmosphere, however did you mistake the the clouds distorting the light as you could see through the clouds or were the clouds clearly illuminated by this light?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Sometimes when I look at the stars or planets, it does look like their light does hit the clouds somewhat. My Astronomy ain't that pro though. The star I originally first looked at, was still quite visible through some smog/clouds, although it didn't illuminate the clouds.

Honestly, kind of hard to tell. As I said, the clouds were pink/reddish, which is probably the amount of light pollution being reflected from the cities. As for the actual light illuminating the clouds, it seemed like it did for a second. When it got closer to the more thicker smokescreen, it dimmed.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You could try to dismiss it was satellite by looking up heavens above web site or something similar where you can enter you co ordinates and see what satellites were passing overhead.

Not all satellites will be listed on public sites for tracking as some are military and are classified.

But the time of sighting a short period after sunset and the zig zag to me sounds like you spotted a satellite,

There a many up there and best time for viewing is pre dawn or just after sun set.

Not concluding it was just giving my opinion and a suggestion of how you can dismiss or verify the satellite idea.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Yea, I heard that it generally spring time, during twilight in the morning and evening, makes them much easier to see. I made a thread asking about seasonal sightings of satellites and as to why they are easier to spot in a specific time of year.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Elton
I am at a loss - the zig zag movement rules out a lot of things I should think. Perhaps an aviation expert will drop by and help ID the thing (or if not, you saw a UFO).

edit on 8-4-2014 by Elton because: added a comma

There is no question about it, he did see a UFO, (Unidentified Flying Object) he was not able to identify it and it was flying... People always insinuate UFO's with being extraterrestrial ALL the time... And that's not how it actually is.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Specimen

Well not so much frustration more disbelief, do you not think that type of information would be required

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join